Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
comforting

arm and leg jerks

Hi all
Im putting this in ap section even though im not 100% sure if it should be as im wondering if it has something to do with astral projection which i experience at time
As im drifting off to sleep either my arm or leg will kinda of kick out its like a massive spasm or something (cant find the right words to describe it) it never happens during the day time or anything so i doubt its a medical problem , its a real weird feeling its like i have no control over it ...
Im just wondering if its a part of my body that lifting out of my body (but i get no vibrations or anything as i normally would if im about to ap)
Just wondered if any1 has any idea what it might be
big thank you ...
Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
sesheta

I know exactly what you're talking about - but with me my whole entire body will do that! Same thing - I'll be just at that perfect state of drifting off to sleep, then BAM!! My whole body just "jerks"...and then I'm awake again for a bit....kinda frustrating
Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 PM
comforting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I know exactly what you're talking about - but with me my whole entire body will do that! Same thing - I'll be just at that perfect state of drifting off to sleep, then BAM!! My whole body just "jerks"...and then I'm awake again for a bit....kinda frustrating

Glad its not just me then kinda freaky do u think it could have something to do with astral projection ?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 PM
sesheta

Not sure...I've never actually looked into the concept of astral projection much, so it's never really occurred to me to link the two....but it's possible
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator
Check out "hypnic jerks" (also known as sleep starts and myoclonic jerks)
Also check out Restless Legs Syndrome
Could it be either of these?

Sometimes it is possible to feel a small portion of the astral body slip out of alignment briefly. I get that sometimes when I'm just beginning to fall asleep, especially if very tired. Occasionally I'll feel my leg or arm slip sideways for a second, then come straight back. But it's not usually a "jerking" sensation, and I notice it doesn't affect the position of my physical body at all.
Old 13-11-2012, 03:24 AM
Trieah

I get that sometimes too. But it never happened before until I was finally able to slip out of my physical body. I think it started when a couple of entities that I had invited to come and talk to me, showed up and began trying to test my astral body to see how ready I was to come out. I remember laughing about it because what they were doing reminded me of how a gorilla will bat around at objects they're curious about. So they kept lifting my legs out, but when it came to my chest/head area, they were having a little more difficulty, since that area is usually the hardest for me to even get out. Then I felt one of them grab me by my chest, pulled up with such force while flinging my astral body, that I actually felt my astral body fly out and spin around. And I could feel like I was laying on the floor, with my head up against the wall that was closest to my feet.

Since then, I've periodically asked my guides to "pull" me out when ever they have to opportunity to do so. It rarely works anymore, I think because I have to be completely relaxed. And since I have a bad back and crumby mattress, it's hard to get rid of all traces of bodily pain to be able to relax enough. But I do think it's kind of fun when I'll still feel various parts of my either being tugged at, or pushed down to try and make my astral body come out the other side. And sometimes I'll just feel some part of my astral body just floating up in the air like a balloon that's tethered to the rest of my astral body that wasn't ready to come out.

I did read about those "hypnic jerks", but I don't think they fully explain what I've been experiencing. So for now, I think I'm going to rule those out.
Old 13-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by comforting
Hi all
Im putting this in ap section even though im not 100% sure if it should be as im wondering if it has something to do with astral projection which i experience at time
As im drifting off to sleep either my arm or leg will kinda of kick out its like a massive spasm or something (cant find the right words to describe it) it never happens during the day time or anything so i doubt its a medical problem , its a real weird feeling its like i have no control over it ...
Im just wondering if its a part of my body that lifting out of my body (but i get no vibrations or anything as i normally would if im about to ap)
Just wondered if any1 has any idea what it might be
big thank you ...

Yep happens to me all the time, it's totally natural. Not really sure the cause of it but it's common and nothing abnormal and worth worrying over. It could have something to do with our consciousness switching from our physical body to our subtle bodies and the signals our brain sends gets distorted. No one really knows for sure, it's something neurological for sure. The question is is it something metaphysical, or just physical. Either way no need to worry about it, it happens to everyone at some point. Same as sleep paralysis. Sometimes the kicking and jerking will be a pre-cursor to a sleep paralysis episode with me.
Old 18-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Master

I think your body can move by itself. I also think your spiritual arms or legs can move as well. When your spiritual arms or legs move it could be easy to think that was your physical self moving. This morning my arms moved away or jerked by itself. I think it was my spiritual arms that moved as my physical arms were in the exact same place. Unfortunately it woke me up.
Old 18-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Master
Very true about spirit arms or legs suzy, I am sure sometimes it is probably that as well. Without a doubt though I have had experiences that it's definitely my physical body. It usually happens right before I enter pre-sleep mode. It usually is a sign to me that I'm going to have a rough night filled with bad dreams, sleep paralysis, and possible neg dealings. The latter of the three being the rarest to happen when I have these jerking episodes.
Old 18-11-2012, 06:36 PM
comforting

Hi guys thanks for all ur replys always the same with me as im going to sleep , probably due to the sleep paralysis n negs as u say astral explorer (suspected that anyway
i actually went to my dr and told him about sp n negs etc this week to see if he could give me some pills to stop the sleep paraysis if nothing else
he wants me to see a psychiatrist ... Guess ignorance is bliss hey lol !