Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Knower

Wink Growing bored of constant "spiritual conversation" - is it normal?

When I first had my spiritual awakening, I would talk about spirituality a lot. These ideas and experiences were all so new, I wanted to talk about it all the time.

However, as I have grown on my journey, I find myself getting tired of having "spiritual conversations" all the time. I want to just talk about whatever comes up naturally in conversation, whether it is joking and lighthearted, or more introspective.

I feel a desire to absorb the beauty of people enjoying connecting with each other, not constant "nature of the universe" conversation - I feel there's a time and place.

I know a girl who is newly awakening, and every time I see her we talk about spirituality the majority of the time. I enjoy it, but I find myself reaching a point where I start thinking "ok, can we talk about something else now?". It's actually making me start to think: "maybe having a very spiritual partner isn't for me"...

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 28-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
When I first had my spiritual awakening, I would talk about spirituality a lot. These ideas and experiences were all so new, I wanted to talk about it all the time.

However, as I have grown on my journey, I find myself getting tired of having "spiritual conversations" all the time. I want to just talk about whatever comes up naturally in conversation, whether it is joking and lighthearted, or more introspective.

I feel a desire to absorb the beauty of people enjoying connecting with each other, not constant "nature of the universe" conversation - I feel there's a time and place.

I know a girl who is newly awakening, and every time I see her we talk about spirituality the majority of the time. I enjoy it, but I find myself reaching a point where I start thinking "ok, can we talk about something else now?". It's actually making me start to think: "maybe having a very spiritual partner isn't for me"...

Its is very exicting to wake up.We want to learn it all quick so this girl is acting normal so make sure you dont bring her back down just yet.

eventually spirituality becomes a feeling so there is no need to speak about it all the time,We live our spirituality,but it is very good to speak to the newly awakened and answer their questions to the best you can.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Guide

yes it is normal.
the human brain likes to learn new things,so we talk about said thing a lot,or all the time.
then as time passes,we feel we know much more, and we either want to discover things we didnt know, or not talk about the things we do know.

some people are also not good at teaching others [i suck at teaching others. i would be a horrible teacher because i would know the material, and i would expect the kids to also know it - but that's impossible if nobody presents it to them]
Old 28-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Master
Do you know that a lot of the time I wonder what the hell I'm doing on SF.

I feel like I'm either preaching to the choir or to the deaf with no in between.

After a year and a half...over 5000 posts later, I feel like I have said everything I could about anything and now, I'm just finding different ways to say the same thing, as each new situation arises.

Sometimes I feel like I don't want to talk at all...feel like joining in those games in the 'Lounge' section of this forum, or just go to the Shiva temple and sing praises to God.

I have been listening to kirtans (devotional music) from Fiji, which was a big part of my life back in my 20's and 30's. I played Harmonium and Dholuk instruments and I spent time studying Mantras and hymns to Lord Shiva and I can only remember about half of them now.

When you have a partner who is spiritual, there is no need for words and when you join with that partner, what is experienced goes way beyond them. I miss that part of it too.

However, I will still continue to post here because I get bored of watching TV and having mundane conversations as well. I don't want to talk about spirituality and I don't want to talk about superficial things either...

Just remember that the girl is once like you were with spiritual enthusiasm.
Old 30-06-2017, 07:02 AM
Knower

Quote:

You do realize that this girl is doing the exact same thing you were doing when spirituality was new for you? And back then, there were, no doubt, people who nodded politely and wished you could talk about something else--but showed forbearance because they'd once been in the exact same position themselves...

If you don't want to get into a relationship with someone who is new to this and talking about it non-stop, then don't. Wait. Put it on the back burner until she's had time to grow and assimilate all of the new knowledge and experiences she's encountering. Or maybe you'll each find somebody else. But this is not a fault in her--any more than it was a fault in you when you were at the same stage of development.

And yes, it's normal to want to talk about all sorts of other things besides spiritual ideas and practices. (This is why I'm rarely here, and have a relatively low post count, LOL.) After all, you have an entire life here, in a physical body, on this planet, with plenty of things to see and do and experience. You wouldn't be here, living this life, if those things weren't important, and held no value. So by all means, go do--and talk about--things that are not explicitly "spiritual."
Old 30-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Master
I also wanted to talk about spiritual matters all the time, especially my dreams, which were so many and so intriguing and spiritual. I wanted to tell everybody who talked to me about them all the time until they got tired. Eventually I stopped talking to people and right now I can hardly share my spiritual experiences in this forum either, I keep everything to myself.
Old 30-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Master
Sometimes I think that because spirituality can't really be discussed, we bottle it all up inside which leads to even more spiritual experiences and more bottling up and even more spiritual experiences...until one day, the brain/body can't take any more and we explode into full-blown nirvana.
Old 30-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

Shock!!! Horror!! The Spiritual has become mundane?????

Yeah I get that, what happened to a bit of light-hearted 'poke around with a stick' Spirituality that doesn't have to go anywhere in particular? Something that makes me feel as though my vibrations have been raised instead of feeling heavy?

When does Spirituality become an obsession?????

Yep, the novelty has definitely worn off and the talk is.. well, talk is cheap in the light of good, solid experience. Anyway, 'real Life' is much more awesome than some theory.
Old 30-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Universe/God Not Boring Too Me

Divinity is our windows of consciousness onto "G"od/"U"niverse as and integral whole, that, we use as analogy to our collective integral existence on Earth, and sustained by our sun, Sol.

Spirit{1}, spirit-of-intent is closely associated with our access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts.

Spirit-2, physical/energy i.e. fermions, bosons and any collective aggregate set thereof is also associated with reality as time/sine-wave frequency patterns ^v^v or as\/\/\/\/\/\/

Spirit-3, metaphyiscal-3, ultra-micro gravity as the positive shape-of-space, as associated with outer geodesic surface curvature of a torus ( ) or birds-eye-view of bisected torus as (( ))

Spirit-4, metaphysical-4, ultra-micro dark energy as the negative )( shape-of-space, as associated with inner geodesic surface of a torus )( or bisected birds-eye-view (( )).

Spirituality is humans spirit-of-intent to support self, family and the ecological environment that sustains as all as an integral, quasi-biological whole sometimes referred to as GAIA.

Love is likened to both gravity{ embracing /\ } and dark energy{ radiative Y }.

/\ = embracive{ attractive } female as closed triangle set.

Y = radiative{ pusher } male as open triangle set

(( * * )) = consciousness

/**\ = female Xx

*Y* = male Xy

(~~) = biological cell

<~> = virus

(o) = atom

... = fermions

.... = bosons

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 30-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Shock!!! Horror!! The Spiritual has become mundane?????

Yeah I get that, what happened to a bit of light-hearted 'poke around with a stick' Spirituality that doesn't have to go anywhere in particular? Something that makes me feel as though my vibrations have been raised instead of feeling heavy?

When does Spirituality become an obsession?????

Yep, the novelty has definitely worn off and the talk is.. well, talk is cheap in the light of good, solid experience. Anyway, 'real Life' is much more awesome than some theory.
Too true.

I'm even thinking of giving it a rest on SF for a while. I check in every day, only to see my subscribed threads have 1-2 replies that I couldn't have said any better myself. About 80% of the threads I post on end with my reply...I kill them!

Then, the Hindu section is dead...the Yoga section is dead...Meditation section sees only 2-3 posts a week...Paranormal section is dead...even Spirituality & Spiritual Development only sees a few new threads a week, when I post on them nine times out of ten they die.

The only sections still alive are Affirmations, Auras & Chakras, Twin Flames, Relationships and Games...it's not really why I joined SF in the first place. =/

Before anybody says "oh, it's holidays over here now, things will pick up, you'll see", everything has been really quiet for the past 6-8 months, pretty much...yet I still keep logging in about 3 times a day to see if my subscribed threads have any new replies...yeah, it's beginning to get a bit obsessive here.

Of course I can make new threads, tried that...they only see 1-2 replies and then die...and for the past 3 months I have been trying to breathe life into a dead Hindu forum...but no matter how much I charge the paddles and say "clear" the line is flat.

So, knowing full well that a 'watched pot never boils' I'll probably stay here for a few more days, then go off for a month and only check in like once a week because it takes me about half an hour at the most to read/reply to everything that has been written since the last time I checked in.