Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Master
Individual origin

Where do you come from?

x daz x
Old 18-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Master
I come from the universe.......Infinite is the sky, infinite is the number of beings, infinite are the worlds in the vast universe....
Old 19-06-2017, 06:09 AM
Master
I come from my parents. A zygote that grew into a human.
Old 19-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Master
Once I thought I came from there, then I thought I came from that, then one day I thought I came from this, then another day I thought I came from a star, then I stopped thinking where I came from and realized I came from anywhere, everywhere and nowhere...

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Where do you come from?
I don't spiritual-theorize. And I live in the now. I came from the kitchen with my coffee, sat down, and read this.

We are souls. We are Spirit. We came from Spirit. Past that, does it matter?
Old 19-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Master

The challenge of knowing from where I came has been a permanent part of my life since about 1947 when I was suddenly overwhelmed with the understanding that what we see around us - our universe - is indeed an illusion but one that is so concrete and stable that it cannot be doubted. So there we have the conundrum of life.

I did once, here, start a new thread 'why am I not an elephant'. It didn't get off to a good start so I left it. But it's exactly this question that we all need to ask ourselves.

Everything we see in the surrounding world has its place in a heirachy. It's safe to say that positions are drawn according to abilities. The best team, the best man, the fastest woman and so on - these are typical of our world. The loveliest flowers need the earth that's best for them. Evolution attempts and tries again and again to improve itself.

To all purposes we can/could say that mankind is the best there is on this planet. You can qualify this statement as you wish - nevertheless it appears to be true.

So, what have you and I done to have achieved this prime position in nature? When did we do it? How is it that when I sit on top of a mountain or under a tree in the woods that I see there is only one thing that matters in this world - the reflection of myself. (I avoided saying just 'me' although it would be true).

Why am I not a fly or an elephant. I'm not talking about genetics here - and I know that my parents were humans. So why out of nothing am I here. Did I, did you 'jump the gun?'

And this? :http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...begins-when-s/
Old 19-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The challenge of knowing from where I came has been a permanent part of my life since about 1947... So why out of nothing am I here. Did I, did you 'jump the gun?'
We are souls. We are Spirit. We came from Spirit. We incarnate for the purpose of soul-Spirit evolution. Answers all existential questions.
Old 19-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
We are souls. We are Spirit. We came from Spirit. We incarnate for the purpose of soul-Spirit evolution. Answers all existential questions.

That's the easy way out. It just leaves all of the questions for which I need an answer blowing in the wind.

I don't believe that we are here to develop our soul/spirit/understanding, knowledge/morals/- and all the rest. In fact I doubt very much if we have a 'soul'. That is I think we use the word 'soul' willy-nilly.

There is something that is valid for us all. Probably for everything as we gain small insights into those realities caused by the 'appearance' of the atom. Consciousness. We are part of an ever expanding awareness. The place we have attained in this awareness is what we are now.

So here we are, on this planet and we (and everything else) consist(s) of mind and matter. I suggest we are only mind. Part of a very, very large one.

Our real reality lies in our imagination.

Answers all existential question. I mean it too.
Old 19-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Master
I'm leaning towards realism here too and hence why I answered the way I did before. The OP wasn't very specific with the question anyway. lol

Where we come from isn't as important as where we're going to.

I could say that I came from cosmic stardust 10 billion years ago with the big bang...or I came from Spirit or 'God made me' or I came from a 'past life' and all would be true, but what's the point of thinking about it?

Why aren't I an elephant or an ant? because I'm not an elephant or an ant and if I were, I wouldn't know I was an elephant or an ant.
Old 19-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
That's the easy way out. I suggest we are only mind.
Belief we are only mind -- as opposed to individual eternal souls with individual and collective karmic tasks -- is the easier way out by far. Nobody has to take personal responsibility for themselves -- for their personal self-development and soul evolution -- if everything is just an imagination or dream of the Cosmic Mind. That's like saying nothing is real and therefore there's nothing we have to concern ourselves with.