Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 19-04-2016, 06:41 AM
Experiencer
Human Consciousness as we know it, Lucifer, and Planetary Energy/Consciousness

I was conversing with someone and this lead into observations regarding Lucifer, and consciousness itself. I thought I would share for any who might be interested in this topic on here.

To start off- Lucifer can also be thought of as Prometheus, the Greek god who disobeyed Zeus by bringing fire to mankind. Sound familiar? It should - Lucifer caused mankind to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil (against God's will). Zeus punished Prometheus with eternal torment. This also rings true with hell.

There are other possible entities who may be similar to Lucifer as well. Lucifer is the bright morning star, or, Venus. The Greeks also had an equivalent for this, in the form of both Eosphorus and Hespheros. The Roman equivalent is Vesper. These two are sometimes thought of as different entities and sometimes as the same entity however they both represent Venus, the bright morning star, one during the morning and one during the evening.

Here is a link about them:http://www.theoi.com/Titan/AsterEosphoros.html

One section in particular mentions this: "PHOSPHORUS (Phsphoros),or as the poets call him Hesphoros or Phaesphoros (Lat. Lucfer)". The word Lucifer itself means Dawn-Bringer or Light Bringer, as pertaining to Venus. Incidentally, Venus is the Planet which is normally spiritually aligned with Love, Beauty, and Passion. Lucifer has been referred to as the 'most beautiful', 'beloved', etc. It is worth mentioning that Jesus is referred to as the Bright Morning Star as well. But it is probably also worth noting that Jesus may have been inspired by, or actually been, Lucifer. And his story/intentions match up with what is consistent for Lucifer in Greek terms, as well as Christian terms if you consider that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was actually evolution and freedom for humanity.

This same figure (Lucifer) always seeks to aid humanity in similar ways and is referred to as similar things throughout various cultures. In Egyptian mythology, this entity is Horus. Horus is also identified with the morning star, and not only this, is thought to be the reincarnation of Osiris, which was associated with the evening.

This is comparable to the split/union of the Greek gods Eosphorus and Hesphorus, also evening and morning, while maintaining the association with Venus. There are a lot of correlations between this story and Egyptian mythology and I encourage you to do some reading about it - any quick search should pull up tons of info. Here is one option for light reading:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread855953/pg1-

As you can see, the coincidences really start to stack up. As for true spiritual experiences that go beyond these correlations, this depends on how far you want to dive into the rabbit hole. This is all very interesting on an intellectual level alone, of course. But to go much farther than that involves mysticism and the spiritual aspect of reality.

The planets do influence us, physically, but more than that, there is a spiritual force behind many of the machinations of the universe. Your own mind and brain are formed by an electric awareness (if you didn't know this, look up neurons because they facilitate the electrical/chemical exchange in your body, meaning this is how your consciousness can connect with your body on a chemical level even though you are electrical, or look here:

http://psychology.about.com/od/biops...f/neuron01.htm) - this is evident in your brain and nervous system (also look up the nervous system if you are not familiar), both in the obvious ways that we know about via science, and the not so obvious ways that are not yet observable due to the frequencies our minds are capable of operating on, on an electro-magnetic level.

Keeping this in mind, one could imagine how the force of many of the planets, the sun, the earth, effect us when it comes to frequencies that are being emit at us. Radiation, light, magnetic waves, and waves that we may not yet have even discovered yet.

And, an additional way to look at this is to consider the belief in horoscopes and how the constellations effect us - it is via the waves of energy, light, radiation, gravity, magnetism, all things that we discern a part of but not all of - that interacts with out own mind or our own waves of magnetism and electricity, etc other things we may not know about - something that we also may observe a part of scientifically, but not all of. But of course, on a human level, you can experience your own mind and self awareness and do so. Your experience is created by that very same energy, that electric 'self'.

Electricity itself is light and has magnetic properties, and your consciousness is an electric thing, meaning it is expressed by both light and magnetism, as well as other expressions such as heat. Along with ways that we can only dream of for now. And, how these frequencies are harmonizing with the frequencies of our own consciousness. In this respect, it becomes very spiritual although invisible to most. - If your own consciousness, which is electric, is self aware, then there is actually a fairly good chance by association that other electric phenomena also has a degree of awareness - such as many of the waves that travel throughout the universe, some tied to planets, such as Venus. This would explain why the ancients personified forces of nature. Why Sun-worship may have actually been more important than we realize. Why so many religions seem related in one way or another to the planets themselves and aspects of life itself. Because forces of nature are dynamic and alive, just as we are. It just isn't always easy to understand this without knowing all of the details. But we have so much information in this modern era. And the step between observing the state of your own consciousness in your body and observing consciousness within nature itself is much closer than we might normally consider.

Thus, the phenomena we normally think of as a physical occurrence, may in fact hold deeper secrets pertaining to consciousness, and, the entity - Lucifer.
Old 19-04-2016, 07:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius
There are other possible entities who may be similar to Lucifer as well. Lucifer is the bright morning star, or, Venus... But it is probably also worth noting that Jesus may have been inspired by, or actually been, Lucifer.
Terrific post, lots of top-notch reading and research there. But why mix natural and historical facts, with new-age belief-projections about entities and Jesus as Lucifer?(!) Isn't it obvious in your first sentence here? These stories of "gods" are from those ancient days when people looked up to the sky and created their mythologies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius
Because forces of nature are dynamic and alive, just as we are... And the step between observing the state of your own consciousness in your body and observing consciousness within nature itself is much closer than we might normally consider.
This is the pure wisdom in your post. And not one mention of entities and Lucifer. Belief-projections are irrelevant when it comes to the inner process of examining the deepest of soul-spirit self-development truths.
Old 19-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Terrific post, lots of top-notch reading and research there. But why mix natural and historical facts, with new-age belief-projections about entities and Jesus as Lucifer?(!) Isn't it obvious in your first sentence here? These stories of "gods" are from those ancient days when people looked up to the sky and created their mythologies.This is the pure wisdom in your post. And not one mention of entities and Lucifer. Belief-projections are irrelevant when it comes to the inner process of examining the deepest of soul-spirit self-development truths.

Thanks. :) The conversation I was having was originally just about Lucifer. But I threw in the 'spiritual' bits at the end which I consider most interesting. Some people want the name-relations though for verification purposes. And I do like the use of names and personifications.

My conclusion would be that Lucifer is one of the expressions of Venus energy. Energy is alive, and aware, and so then based on all the the meanings and cross-referencing, this makes the most sense.

Of course, even more interesting here is that realization which energy is consciousness. And energy exists all around us, everywhere.
Old 19-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Master
I'm not adverse to Lucifer discussions, that could be interesting. I just wanted to point out the immensity of that one truth you shared. But you see I'm a self-development spiritualist, I don't have any belief path other than my own inner experiential wisdom that I come to on my own. Your observation about nature is the sort of thing I focus on.
Old 19-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I'm not adverse to Lucifer discussions, that could be interesting. I just wanted to point out the immensity of that one truth you shared. But you see I'm a self-development spiritualist, I don't have any belief path other than my own inner experiential wisdom that I come to on my own. Your observation about nature is the sort of thing I focus on.

I am happy that you feel that way! I am also a sort of self-development spiritualist, in multiple senses.
Old 20-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Seeker

Good post, but, where Prometheus sought to aid humanity with the gift of fire, Lucifer led one third of the host of heaven in an out right rebellion against God and was cast from heaven because of this.

The reason for his rebellion is the fact that God created man, then told the host of heaven they were to serve man, it was never Lucifer's intent to help man, but to do everything to contribute to man's fall from grace.

Hence the motivation for Lucifer to tempt man to eat from the tree of knowledge, he wanted Adam and Eve kicked out of Eden.

Milton covered this in Paradise Lost, you can also find that old testament prophets touched on the subject as well, specifically Isiah and Ezekiel.

Interestingly enough, in Norse myths that predate the Christian influence, Odin cast out one third of the host of Asgard and Valhalla for the same reason. There are similar myths in other cultures should one wish to look at the various stories depicting the same fall, once more indicating that the monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Muslim) are rooted in older polytheistic belief systems, that predate those of the 'civilized' western world.

Thus, if you want to give Christians a major case of the 'buts' point this out to them.

The truth is that the belief in a single or even multiple gods is a relatively new phenomenon in history, the belief in nature spirits predates these systems by at least 400000 years.

The main reason I responded to this topic is simple, it is similar in part to a research paper I did for a Comparative Religions class I took in college.
Old 20-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Experiencer
A truly amazing and well-documented postSozerius, well done ! I agree with Macsen1961 about Prometheus bringing the gift of fire to humans. I would only add that often the element of Fire is a symbolism for spiritual awakening, in Christanity too. The apostles received sacred knowledge by "tongues of fire". The similarity between Odin casting out a third of Asgard and God of the Bible doing the same to Lucifer and his followers. One of many things common in Christianity and older religions, other include parthenogenesis, raising the dead, having apostles, Isis and Horus and many more. Proving exactly what you said, letter nonotheistic dogmas being based on older polyhteistic ones. All maybe reflecting aspects of the human collective subconscious.
In any case, a spiritual new dawn, a Rennaissance heralded by a celestial body symbolizing love and beauty is very appealing. I find amazing concepts in Sozerius' post. Everything is energy in the end, mass included. Electricity is a form of energy, magnetism also. All packets of quanta and probably all interacting in ways and depth far beyond the reach of our limited conscious.
I may sound overly enthusiastic, but this post could very well be the basis of a new religion even. Although i do not especially like dogmas or the word religion itself as it is derived from the latin "Re", to return (or to stagnate being fixated to unchanging self-proven "truths" thus refusing the essence of the Universe which is evolution) and "Ligare" to protect, but also to bind, restrict.
I truly believe the age of Aquarius will be the one of spiritual rennaissance, many posts in this forum currently are made by people who question the Old beliefs in all forms, including New Age. Maybe the time humanity throws away the spiritual crouches draws near...time to learn to walk on ourselves maybe :)
Old 20-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

To understand Lucifer you have to be Self-connected: Connected to your "origin", your energy source, God, the Self or whatever else this perspective is called. Lucifer represents the non-connection and death. Non-connection leaves physicality to disintegration, which leads to physical death. Lucifer stands also for any undertaking in a state of disconnection, f. e. Lust without Love. Venus is a representative of The Feminine, one half of all (earth-related) creation. The Feminine is historically portrayed as dangerous and destructive. On a science level, the feminine is just 50% of an electrical current, or of an electro-magnetic setting. The problem in your description lies in the fact that there is the "Perception Horizon", beyond which we do not have ways to "measure". So, more than 95 % of creation do not reveal themselves to our perspectives, our measuring. In addition, science refuses the integration of concepts of God or consciousness, in fear of a possible negative effect on humanity in general. Under this condition, we have - in Science - no access to thought paths which would lead to revelations. This actually is the luciferian status. Science has disconnected itself from creation itself. And much of this phenomenon comes along with the avoidance of the feminine perspective. There is no connection with reality without full integration. There are no answers or solutions without connection. Just as there would be no planet without the electro-magnetic setting of the energy Source. The "Perception Horizon" represents a reference point where both opposing perspectives are present: Integration and Disintegration. Matter and Non-Matter. Feminine and Masculine. Both create. It is an everpresent connection. The denial of a connection with an aspect of Life is respresented by Lucifer. In Lucifers case it is the denial of a Source as holding the power. Lucifer represents the desire for power and separation, the ability to create without being dependant on an "outside" Source. This source though is what Lucifer is made of. Separation is therefore impossible. Anything that is created in the state of "separation" is "separated" from the sourcing current and can live only as long as the energy remains fuel it. It has no life on its own and must die. Life only goes on when connected. To the sourcing stream. Because Source can not be seen or measured appropriately, it is claimed that there is none. While there is much unexplained in general. The disconnected live a luciferian life. The Self-connected can sense beyond the perception horizon. Sensing our origin explains a lot more than Science can so far. And finds compassion for Lucifer, the mislead creature who refused to be connected and "overpowered". Lucifer in reference to Venus stands for the danger of seduction. Seduction is misunderstood as something feminine. It is in fact the seduction of one's mind by re-guiding based on desire. Desire is asexual and only about power. Of course, it is mostly recognized as sexual desire. Men used to hold the power in The World, for a long time. So, everything we find historically, in male dominated cultures, is explained from a man's perspective. Women's perspectives are not taken into consideration. Don't take for granted what you find there. 50% are missing. Again, desire is about power. The desire to be able to create as wished. In Lucifer, this desire to create as wished becomes seducted by the idea of living indepently. Interestingly, Lucifer is portrayed as a masculine being. The Masculine in its nature is in fact not connection oriented but goal oriented. A predominantly masculine perspective is as such rather separation oriented. In a person carrying mostly masculine energy the finding of an understanding for the value of connection is not as easy as for a mostly feminine being. Lucifer sees what is most natural for him, as a masculine being. He does not see the impossibility of his desire for "success" and does not want to acknowledge it. The idea of being an independent creator is so seductive and desired that he moves into the state of disconnection. And keeps pretending to be independent. Not even being able to have a body.

Embodiment is a co-creation. Life is connection. Helpful?
Old 20-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrin
The denial of a connection with an aspect of Life is respresented by Lucifer. In Lucifers case it is the denial of a Source as holding the power.
Very interesting post. That comment though could be interpreted in different ways. Is the source of power God? Is the source of power Self? Is the source of power God in Self? I acknowledge a source of power - Self - which perhaps explains my general disinterest in the idea of "external beings" such as Lucifer.
Old 20-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Very interesting post. That comment though could be interpreted in different ways. Is the source of power God? Is the source of power Self? Is the source of power God in Self? I acknowledge a source of power - Self - which perhaps explains my general disinterest in the idea of "external beings" such as Lucifer.

What you are saying, about the source of power being the self, is a lot like many of the Gnostic gospels excluded by mainstream Christian sects.

Even in the early days after the crucifixion, Gnostic teachings were that God resided in us, which according to them, made all of us divine, and it showed in their writings and interpretation of the teachings of Jesus.

It was also one of the issues Emperor Constantine sought to deal with when he 'invited' the bishops of the early church to Nicaea to get everyone to agree on just what the central points of Christianity were.

And of course, shortly after the Council of Nicaea, Gnostic followers were labeled heretics, and the rest, as they say, is history. Gnosticism went the way of the dodo, with the exception of a few groups like the Cathars.