Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
mimihigurashi

What to think about while trying to project

When I try to AP I keep my mind as clear of thoughts as I can but I find that pretty hard most of the time and frankly it didn't seem to produce any results so far. What should you usually think of when trying to project?
I'm not talking about the visualizations when you get the vibrations when you try to get out of the body (rope, floating, etc)
Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Master

I try different things to ap. If something is not working then I try something else. I will start off breathing in and out and if I am not getting anywhere, I will imagine something. That is what I did this morning. I was breathing for a while and then I was imagining I was doing knee bends. The problem was I was spiritually doing knee bends but I did not realise it at first so I woke up. If doing an ap technique does not work, I go back to breathing for a while then I do an ap technique. If that does not work, I go back to breathing. There are times when nothing works. If that happens I give up and try again another time. An important thing is to know you can ap. If you loose confidence, ap is a lot harder. That is how it is for me. If you are not succeeding, keep telling yourself you can ap and it only a matter of time you will ap.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Well bearing in mind that we are all so different, and what works for one might not be best for another....
I usually just drift, let more or less any thoughts come, calmly, as I drift down into relaxation and then, in my case I skim the surface of sleep very lightly. However, prior to that I will have been thinking about my reason for trying to project, and would have done some attuning to hopefully raise my emotional vibrations somewhat (never try to project if you are feeling "low" emotionally...depressed/scared/upset/angry etc... and can't raise yourself completely out of it before making an AP attempt.)

Then I just let go, and let that semi-sleep state come naturally.
When the out of body vibrations start and fully wake me in the state of starting to go out of body, I will recall my original intent (such as where I want to go, what I want to try out, etc)

I've found if a strong intent is held, especially if this really means something deeply, it sort of pushes aside, melts away, any intrusive or inappropriate random thoughts at this point. (such as "did I take the laundry out"?"...."what am I going to have for dinner tomorrow"....LOL!)

Or if there doesn't happen to be anything particularly strong going on, you can focus on just playing a little with the wonderful buoyant feeling of being out of body...take a look at the ceiling.....go out into the garden....whatever takes your fancy.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 AM
Master
Personally I do not think about anything, I keep my mind clear and focused on an empty mind. It's different for everyone though. People can give you suggestions and feedback on what works for them but you will have to experiment and find what works best for you personally, good luck.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Experiencer

Been awhile since I've been able to AP, but I don't think I thought about anything in particular when I did it. Just relaxed into a sort of trance state. trying to keep my eyes open seemed to work. Eventually they close on their own. I do experience sounds prior, so I guess I think about that and what it feels like when I have done it before.
Old 13-11-2012, 12:33 AM
ZOV

Quote:
I'm not talking about the visualizations when you get the vibrations when you try to get out of the body (rope, floating, etc)

And that is your problem mate.
When you close your eyes, feel yourself jumping of the building, falling through air , flying or something similar. Don't wait for vibrations to start technique.
Falling will make you sleepy really quick.
Or, you can simply imagine some really stupid situation.... such as someone is doing something.......
If you pay attention to falling asleep moment, you will notice that your mind is always thinking something stupid,something that has nothing to do with anything........"look, there is banana......someone is passing by me in truck....sky is blue.....caffe bar......bunny.....ZzzzZZzzzzz ".
Old 13-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Master
I like to use Binaural beats and focus on listening to the Binaural beat. There is a huge difference between hearing it, and listening to it. When you actually focus on what you're hearing the Binaurals are much more effective.
Old 13-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Master

At the moment I am not trying to ap. When I do make the effort to ap, lately I am not listening to anything. At the moment I do not have to listen to anything. Sometimes listening to beats, music or whatever can prevent you to ap. By listening to the sounds of rain and wind, I do not notice how my mind is feeling. If my mind is feeling relaxed I ap.
People say you should relax first before you try to ap. I agree with that. I think it is a good idea to relax first. However, if you slept for a few hours and you woke up, you do not need to get relaxed as you should already be relaxed.
Old 20-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Cloud Spinner

I've tried the rope-thing a couple of times, but I haven't managed to experience it just yet. Anyone got any tips for me?
Old 20-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Master

I would advise you to do a technique that you enjoy doing the most. If it does not work, keep doing it. Eventually it will work. Try to think you are really there doing that activity. If you think you are really there, it is more likely to happen. I have never been successful with the rope technique. Trying for a couple of times is no indication that it will not work. Keep at it and keep practicing.