Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Pathfinder
Is this experience normal?

I think I may have gotten closer to astral projecting tonight, but I freaked out and started moving, because I'm not sure and it felt strange.

Earlier, I was kind of awake-kind of not and I started feeling this huge amount of pressure in my chest area. It was like a very powerful vibration pulling me upward. It got really fast to the point I panicked.

This is normal, right? I've never felt the pressure in my chest before. It was weird.
Old 29-06-2017, 06:00 AM
Guide

:) Everything is normal now that you really know what normal is? When ever you are in a situation where you can separate or leave behind your ego you gain that of unlimited consciousness or awareness if you are able to hold it in. When this happens you become privy to extra sensory observations. If you were able to direct this consciousness you would really understand what I mean. Someone told me about sensing their body and feeling every sell in their body haha and how the blood flows through your body... haha if you felt how your blood feels in your body let me tell you that is definitely a odd sensation.

Pressure on your chest could mean a lot of things... it could possibly mean that you have a blockage on your heart chakra even something weighing it down. So many factors it could be a lot of things and could be someone trying to pull you up... who knows :) at the end of the day it was your experience and you define it as you define it. Hopefully you define it as something that is beneficial for you!
Old 01-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
Pressure on your chest could mean a lot of things... it could possibly mean that you have a blockage on your heart chakra even something weighing it down. So many factors it could be a lot of things and could be someone trying to pull you up... who knows :) at the end of the day it was your experience and you define it as you define it. Hopefully you define it as something that is beneficial for you!
Your post confused me. Maybe I wasn't being clear enough, though it's worth mentioning that since I felt like I was being pulled upward, I highly doubt there's a blockage in my heart chakra. Weight pulls me down rather than up and I'm very sensitive to blocked energy. However, I'm also unable to know if it was a beneficial experience. It hasn't happened to me before, and to clarify, I was hoping to get feedback on whether or not it sounds like I was going to enter the astral plane at the time I experienced this. Rather than "normal," perhaps it would be better to ask if it's something that's commonly experienced before entering the astral plane. Is it?

Have you experienced what I'm talking about before? Did it ever happen before you started astral projecting? I'm asking for people here to help me make sense of what happened. I'm new to this so I don't know what to expect or what it's like. All I've done is read up a bit on what can be done when astral projection is achieved and a few techniques on how to achieve it. I've never heard anything like what I experienced though.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Guide

Hey sorry for confusing you lol I was just trying to let you know that the sensation you felt could of been a number of things if you were trying to find the exact cause of it. If you know its not a blockage then it isnt a blockage. As for the sensation of astral projection you could say it is but at the same time anytime you are feeling really good and happy could also be a similar sensation to what it feels like to be in astral form or to be separating... ever watch peter pan? When they say think of a happy thought and it will help you fly? Thats what they are referring too.. go watch The Hook with Robin Williams and you will see what I mean.

But to further explain what I mean by all these "sensations" is that your Astral Body is also called your emotional body because you feel the emotion... you are the emotion.. It is kinda hard describing these sensations but it would be like feeling happy but not just in your chest but your whole body. So its the same with all emotions which is why you experiencing them so extremely... if you are afraid its going to be terrifying if your happy its going to be blissful if you are etc it will be etc.

But as for actually achieving astral projection... any type of consciousness where your body is asleep but you are awake would be good for you... you just have to be able to know what to do in which stage your in. When ever I was starting to astral project lol I would achieve it but I would be stuck with my eyes closed until I figured out how to open my eyes. Hopefully this make sense... but having the sensation of moving something is like moving your astral body... know what I mean? hold your hand still and try to move it with your mind vs physically? lol good luck. let me know if you need a deeper explanation.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Seeker

I get the pressure on chest thing. Seems like you're heading on the right track.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:26 AM
Pathfinder
Usually pressure is a sign that the energy isn't flowing enough to accommodate the activity, e.g. astral projection.

i would consider:
first: i would troubleshoot whether that is what is preventing the projection or whether it is something else (usually it's the throat chakra or third eye)
second: i would consider blockages relating to emotional considerations (love, hate, resentment, etc.)
Third: i would prepare for the projection by raising energy and focusing on that area before bed or whatever your projection schedule is (and see what happens_)

best of luck!
Old 04-08-2017, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerena
I think I may have gotten closer to astral projecting tonight, but I freaked out and started moving, because I'm not sure and it felt strange.

Earlier, I was kind of awake-kind of not and I started feeling this huge amount of pressure in my chest area. It was like a very powerful vibration pulling me upward. It got really fast to the point I panicked.

This is normal, right? I've never felt the pressure in my chest before. It was weird.
That is sleep paralysis, it is fairly common even for those not trying to project. It has in fact been studied by science as a normal physiological phenomenon.

Pretty much all projection feels 'weird' the first several times as it is not like many regular life sensations. Do your best not to panic, you will get accustomed to it.

FYI as you get better at projecting, you won't experience sleep paralysis every time.
Old 13-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Guide
This is not normal coz vacuum pulling you. next time you don't do such exercise in sleep times, better to do in fully awake position sitting on easy chair in very relaxed condition.
Old 14-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Guide

The part I always get stuck with is... lol having my astral eyes closed.. and trying to open them. Sometimes I accidentally open my real eyes when I do it but since then I learned how to move and operate my astral body independently from my physical body even while awake lol.. Just cant see it lol
Old 27-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Wow this is so weird, i just tried to focus my blood cells into my hand, i started noticing my heart beat increasing without doing anything, just sitting down and my veins were starting to be more noticeable.