Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 20-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Master
A stage hypnotist can do a rapid induction and then ask the subject how many people are in the room. The subject says none - a lie. It can be done and as far as I am concerned is done all the time.
Old 20-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Knower

I agree that it's possible to lie under hypnosis, but I don't think the people in the book are lying about what they saw. What reason do they have to make something up? And here's the thing, Michael Newton and Dolores Cannon who also does this kind of work, have regressed thousands of people from all over the world and yet they get the same kind of experiences from everybody. That's how he's able to talk about the different places we go and experience bewteen lives because they're all going to these same places. Which makes them highly unlikely to be fabricated.
Old 21-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Master
One afternoon I entered an elevated train car. Being all the seats were taken, I had to stand. My little voice asked me "How many women have mustaches"? I looked, none.

The question was repeated. I looked and was surprised that one woman had a mustache.

The question was repeated. Several women had mustaches.

Then I was asked one more time the same question. To my surprise all the women had mustaches.

Was I lying?
Old 21-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Knower

There are many people whose mind relates a scenario in hypnotherapy. The scenario may be a scene from the past, a past life, a location in the present, etc. When being recalled in this manner, the information may not be considered a 'lie' even if it is not the strict facts because it is the interpretation of the feeling of an event that is being pieced together in the most logical way by the subconscious mind and being told to the therapist. Whether or not it was true, it is how the mind felt about it. From a healing perspective, you then need to act on it as if it is true because this is the story the subconscious mind needs healing from.

However, straight to the point of whether a lie can be told, the very large resounding answer is yes. If a person chooses to lie, they can lie. But very few people would engage in intentionally lying while hypnotized except for a lark, because there really would be no point to it.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Yes. You can do all the things you can do while normally awake and conscious. That includes lying and fabricating. You can also do some things normally very hard while consciously awake. This is why hypnosis is sometimes used in a clinical setting.

Another aspect relevant to your question is suggestibility. One is way more suggestible when under hypnosis. In fact that is the very basis of many hypnotic induction techniques. As per false memories, the hypnotist can intentionally or unawarely make suggestions or lead the conversation. The hypnotized person can integrate these into their memory and believes them to be part of those memories.

Much like UFO stories, they can't all be taken as factual even if the people involved genuinely believe them to be true and are in no way trying to mislead or trick any one.

If revelation under hypnosis was so reliable, it would be accepted as evidence in court. It's not.

Excellent post. Like the member who started this thread, I too have been reading Dr. Michael Newton's book ("Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives) and was wondering whether the hypnotherapist could influence what the subject was saying. Your response about suggestions made under hypnosis via leading questions influencing the subject's responses makes a lot of sense. In Dr. Newton's book, the case studies have a remarkable consistency and the one constant is Dr. Newton. Some of his questions are definitely leading questions and not at all open-ended.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor05
I have undergone hypnosis many times and I've even done a Life Between Lives session as well as several Past Life Regressions. I can tell you for certain that the subjects weren't "lying" per se in the Michael Newton books. Under hypnosis you just say what you are feeling and experiencing. I like to think of hypnosis as deep, guided meditation.

Whether or not what I experienced is actually "true" or not isn't relevant to me. What is relevant is what I took away from the session! I learned so many lessons and found a purpose for this life that has just made me so happy and content with the world and others. I see loving humor in everyone and everything and whether that was my brain coming up with it all or my soul learning this from the spirit world I won't know for certain in this life, and I realize now, it doesn't really matter!

If you have any desire to experience a Past Life Regression I highly recommend you find a good hypnotist and just do it! Go with an open mind and know you have the rest of your life to analyze whether what you experience is "real" or not.

I can understand you when you say that "whether or not what I experienced is actually true or not isn't relevant to me" as long as you found the session helpful and life-transforming in a positive way.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 20-10-2018 at 11:26 AM.