Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 28-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Ciqala

"They are fat because they don't love themselves"

It's just a quote from Louise L Hay, from her book You Can Heal Your Life, got me thinking, to the point it twisted my mind up.
Well, I believe everything else she says, but having a hard time grasping this one. I've seen overweight people who really do love themselves, the happiest, most confident people in the world, i would think if you loved yourself your body and you wouldn't care what weight you are.
I've heard people talking about fat, as being love.
What about Buddha?
I've also seen thin people, and they turn out to be some of the meanest most hateful people out there, maybe it's because they spend so much time trying to be that way...

In the old days, thin was viewed as being bad and unhealthy.

"When we begin to love and approve of ourselves, it's amazing how weight just disappears from our bodies."

Now I'm going to jump into the "Secret" the book. It say's you can envision yourself to your ideal weight, if you act, and believe in it. It says to take a look at those special people who say "I can eat as much as i want and never get fat!" They don't because they believe it. She even goes into further detail, and says that she doesn't even believe that FOOD is what makes us fat, it is our relationship and beliefs of it that do. So if we managed to eat, in a mindful way, and loved our food, believed it would make us thin and healthy, it would.

I was doing this for awhile, and it was working.
But i'm having a hard time trying to shape this into concept for my own personal use. I'm overcoming an eating disorder. Her concepts are very good for me.
I'm not fat, my normal weight was actually nice and stable at the low end of what i should be, not too low to be considered dangerous or "anorexic looking". But my eating disorder plagues me with "fat thoughts". I've been using positive affirmations to get me through my recovery and it's working well.
BUT, i've also gained 20 pounds in a few weeks, possibly due to laxative abuse withdrawal, water retention, and constipation, also, it is known temporary weight gain happens while recovering from an eating disorder, but this is tripping up my positive thought work greatly!!! When i first started eating properly, and using the law of attraction, i lost a few pounds every day, probably not good. But suddenly, BAM 20 pounds up. Could be due to medical reasons, but i thought the law of attraction is supposed to even defeat that?
Maybe because i expect it will happen? I am trying, but it's hard to wrap my mind around it all. What should i do?
Old 28-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Master
Quite a challenge you've set yourself...I had the opposite...trying to put weight on. It's just as difficult.
I guess the idea of law-of-attraction is to not think about it but to 'know' it...no doubts. Good luck to you :)
Old 28-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Master
Maybe thin people who are mean are mean because they don't eat thus they don't feel good and are mean.
Maybe those people who are overweight but who really it's just their body type and love themselves do so because they have a good life and maybe they eat well too so they feel better.
I know in my case I'm overweight and it IS because I don't love myself I got myself to over 200 pounds at five foot five, even though I look like I'm 180. However I ate **** and didn't excercise for years that got me this way. Now I'm loving myself again by loosing weight (I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks) excercise etc and it's helping me love myself again.
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Guide
I dont think it's that black and white. I've meant horrible
people who are skinny and I've also meant horrible people
who are fat.
Old 28-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Master
Yeah it goes either way.
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Summerland

I am about 10-15 pounds overweight and it has nothing to do with loving myself. Some of it has to do with stress and jobs. I work the night shift under stressful situations and have a lot of stress at home. People who work night shifts in hospitals tend to be at least 10 pounds overweight and the night shift interferes with metabolism and circadian cycles.
Old 28-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Master
Summer yep you're right. I work three night shifts a week and although that's not full time it does still screw up with everything. I have one CNA who has nightshifted for almost five years and even though she's not too badly overweight she cannot loose weight and I know it's from working nights.
Spiritlite.
Summer there are herbal therapys that help cut down on cortisol the stress hormone that makes us overweight and screws us up.
Old 28-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Maybe thin people who are mean are mean because they don't eat thus they don't feel good and are mean.
Maybe those people who are overweight but who really it's just their body type and love themselves do so because they have a good life and maybe they eat well too so they feel better.
I know in my case I'm overweight and it IS because I don't love myself I got myself to over 200 pounds at five foot five, even though I look like I'm 180. However I ate **** and didn't excercise for years that got me this way. Now I'm loving myself again by loosing weight (I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks) excercise etc and it's helping me love myself again.
Spiritlite.

Yes those seem like definite possibilities too.
And congrats on the six pounds! Yeah i think exercise and so many other things contribute to it all, other than just positive thoughts. Exercise in itself releases endorphins that make us happy, and it does make us love ourselves. I think i get a little addicted to it myself, but i've been focusing on body mind type activities, like martial arts, they can be extreme, but they also have spiritual techniques to them.
Old 28-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Quite a challenge you've set yourself...I had the opposite...trying to put weight on. It's just as difficult.
I guess the idea of law-of-attraction is to not think about it but to 'know' it...no doubts. Good luck to you :)

Oh yeah always challenges :) But if i didn't go through with it, i'd only be killing myself because that's the only pleasures my eating disorders bring me. Your right, no doubts is a crucial part of the law of attraction.
Old 28-11-2010, 11:04 AM
pebble

Sounds like you have been caught in a vicious cycle of guilt. It is not a matter of not loving yourself, you have grown accustomed to wanting to be the size the world thinks you should be.

I am chunky and the reason is not because I have some issue with myself, it is because that food taste so darn good. This lifetime was meant to be chunky..??