Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 13-12-2011, 03:19 PM
BwellBTR

Belief is a form of trance

Any Human that is capable of focused attention, has experience a level of trance. If you have ever been lost in thought (Daydreamed) ,you have experienced a level of trance. To my knowledge , no rational mind can not be hypnotised. The level to which the trance can be brought to is the determining factor as to how effective / sustainable the suggestions will be retained. When done properly it can be a valuable tool. Sadly it is often used as a form of control for entertainment or to validate the need to be a controller, rather than a path to balanced understanding. Responcibility of caring/careful guidance the hypnotist provides, should be no less than that shown to a trusting child or blind person in a sighted world. Blessings
Old 13-12-2011, 08:48 PM
BwellBTR

Tammy

The success of any session is based on simple factors which begin with comfort,and trust and belief in directions given. Many times sessions are not base on a detailed interview prior to the induction itself, can reduce the depth of the trance necessary to achieve the intended goal of the session. Past Life Regressions can be very informative and therapeutic when done properly. Sadly some are conducted in a way that directs the awareness of the client to a place that may not be most effect. Example: What kind of shoes are you wearing on your feet?you are being directed that you should be aware of shoes. Better way: when you look down what do you see? If you reply feet, then the next question may are the covered? etc. Enjoy the experience.... Blessings
Old 16-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Kaceykat

Funny story I like to tell about self-hypnosis. I feel it really worked for me! When I was in High School, I was lucky enough to take a seminar led by the parent of one of the students, who was on the board at the Carl Jung Foundation in NYC . He taught us all sorts of cool things, like synchronicity, about the I Ching, and yes, how to hypnotize ourselves.

I put the latter to good use during college when I was taking economics, which was a real stretch for me 'cause I'm more of a artsy creative type, but I was also very curious. Well, I worked really hard. Come time for the Final Exam tho, I totally blanked out on a certain graph. I KNEW I had studied it, but what was on it? I felt safe enough to put myself into a trance (who was going to talk to me in the middle of a huge lecture hall? You coulda heard a pin drop), I went back in time, looked at the graph again, saw all the detail, brought myself out of the trance, answered the question, and got an A in the course. That meant a lot to me, too, because it was the only A I got that term

A few other times I've experimented with going back in time (one time I re-listened to the incredible mundane conversation at the table behind me, so not worth the trip ) but have yet to harness it to any great end such as weight loss etc.
Old 30-10-2012, 09:57 PM
flutterangel

That really would come in handy, kaceycat! Anyone else have a plr? Especially by a TNI therapist? (michael newton institute trained therapist)How did it go?
I have a plr scheduled in a couple weeks and am excited. :-)
Old 25-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinziant
As stated in the subject does Hyponsis do something..?

You better believe it.

When I was learning hypnosis, the instructor asked for a volunteer. Nobody raised their hand but me. The teacher late told me he did not want to use me because preliminary 'tests' indicated I was not a very good candidate.

He told me to stand between two tables and immediately I felt invisible bounds wrapped around my body. The teacher pushed me forward and two other students caught me. The teacher instructed them to put my feet on one table and my shoulders on the other table. I was faced up. My body did not bend - I was rigid.

After the experiment, I felt really good. I never told the instructor that I had been in an accident and had two fractures that had healed but not correctly.

Yes, hypnosis does work!
Old 25-08-2019, 04:36 AM
Master
I suspect each of us spend most, if not all of our the time in various hypnotic states.

The 'problem' is we just do not acknowledge it.

But then............... how many of us have questioned or checked to
see if we are in a hypnotic state(s)?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-08-2019, 07:37 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinziant
As stated in the subject does Hyponsis do something..?

Hypnosis relaxes your state of being and you willingly participate from that relaxed state.
Some people relax more than others.
Old 30-08-2019, 03:25 AM
Master
I generally use hypnosis to maintain a certain physical level
when doing physical work.

I also used hypnosis when I used to run a lot.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Am asking myself the same question? Is it really work? How do they perform it?
Old 04-11-2019, 02:09 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavid78
Am asking myself the same question? Is it really work? How do they perform it?

The Hypnotist has to get you into a really relaxed state It is possible,but it has never worked on me.Probably because I,m frightened I Might blurt out something stupid and I cant let myself relax.