Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 14-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Knower
Learning to become a healer

I'm in the process of learning to become a healer and I'm not sure what steps to take next. I'm working my way through Dr George King's book, 'You too can heal.' Can anyone give me any advice on development please. This is something I've been drawn to all my life but I've never really done anything about it. I know I've passed healing on to people over the phone when I was at work and when I felt they needed it. Lots of people said they had calmed down a lot after talking to me. When I was young I remember wanting to take the pain away from someone who had very severe arthritis and I wished I could suffer some the pain instead of her. Immediately I began to suffer from very painful ankles and the lady began to feel better. In particular I would like to pass healing on to animals and especially to my own dog who is still quite young. She has started to suffer from fits and will be going for an MRI scan if she has another fit. Any advice from healers would be wonderful.
Old 14-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Reiki could be a great next step for you. What you describe sounds a lot like it anyway! Doing even just the first level of Reiki will give you some structure to work within, connect you to a loving universal healing energy that you can use in all the ways you described without taking on the ailments of the ones you are healing. With Reiki you become a channel for universal life force, it's not your own personal ki/chi/energy, in fact giving Reiki actually heals you as the energy flows through you to the ones you are healing. Could be worth considering...

Light, Love and Power to you!
Old 14-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Master
Or you can find a way to connect-contact archangel Raphael,since he's the divine archetype of healing.
Just be honest about ''why'' you want to gain this ability.
I came along some very talented healers,but unfortunaly financialy i'm almost at the zero point,so they just ignored me.
It was a great lesson for me,cause they advertise love,light,in service of others etc,but if you're poor you don't deserve anything of the above.

Anyway,if you're thinking to use your own energies to heal others,know that it can have consequences to your health and other sections of your life.
It's like giving from your own resources.You have to make sure that it's worth the effort.

I think it's better to team up with a spirit who specializes in healing,in order to teach you in a balanced way.
Old 14-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Knower
As I understand it healing is channeling the universal energy so that you can pass it on to the person who needs the healing. I want to gain this ability because I know it's been hovering in the wings all my life. I see such suffering in other people. So many people ask for prayers and they really need help. Lots of my friends ask for healing and prayers when their dogs are in trouble and I always pray for them. I have had healing myself from the healers at the local spiritual church and they were very helpful. They don't ask for payment but you can give a small donation if you want to. I hadn't thought about charging people for it as I don't want to make a business of it. Professional healers won't give their services for nothing and they charge quite a lot. I was in contact with someone recently who said he was running a charity. He didn't charge for his services but you had to give a minimum donation of £25 to the charity for one healing session. The heaing could take a long time so you could end up spending hundreds of pounds.
Old 15-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Many people take issue with alternative healers charging money. Yet seem to have no problem with lawyers being paid, or civil engineers or doctors, or police officers.
Healers have learned valuable skills and deserve to live a comfortable life, just as any other contributing member of society.
If you really desire healing, in your own way ask the universe to provide, perhaps a healer will manifest in your world, perhaps the money to pay for such, there is an infinite number of possibilities.

@Iomax, perhaps you were not ready to receive what they had to offer, perhaps what they had to offer is not right for you, perhaps manifesting money is part of your healing. Thought - Desire - Action leads to Manifestation.

And I definitely agree, teaming up with a being such as Archangel Raphael is an excellent suggestion.

@Jillity, you do not need to gain the ability to channel universal healing energy, we are all born with that ability. Healing modalities like Reiki simply enhance what is already there.

Doing charitable work is excellent and worthwhile, but not charging for a service you provide simply because you think it is wrong undermines the value of your skills and their worthiness in society.

I believe you would find that most, if not all, true healers use some of the money they earn to donate to charity or fund their own charitable work.

Good Journeys, good manifesting and Light, Love and Power to both of you!
Old 15-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Knower
I quite understand why people charge for healing but I feel it should be made clear what you will be getting in return. For example, when I contacted a healer and told him what I could afford to pay I wanted to know how many healing sessions I would get in return as I had no idea whether the minimum payment covered just one session or more than that. The healer sent back a standard letter about people asking him to provide his services free and this was followed by a long list of testimonials. It wasn't an answer to my question at all.
I wouldn't charge for healing because I'm still learning and can't offer testimonials. My services would be free for some time until I have the confidence to ask for a little in return.
Old 15-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Guide

The power to heal is in all of us but some people who seek out to pay "healers" lack the knowledge and understanding to access their own abilities, therefor putting all of their trust (and money) into what is outside of themselves instead of looking within themselves. For this reason, I feel it's fair to charge for your time when you guide someone and empower them to discover and work with their own abilities properly. Personally I feel that sharing knowledge and empowering an individual is where true, lasting healing takes place.
Old 15-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity
I quite understand why people charge for healing
I don't.
The goodness and the white light of those who seted up business upon spirituality and the unseen world is too bright for me
Old 15-04-2019, 08:47 PM
Knower
Some people have a special gift with other people and they want to use their gift in their daily lives. The real world means that you have to live and pay the bills as well so you must have an income. I'm retired and can probably devote more time than those who are working. I'm looking into learning reiki with a local teacher who has been recommended by a mutual friend. I'm sure the teacher will charge me for her time but she has to live as well.
Old 15-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Administrator
There are a few ways to Heal people its not all about spiritual Healing or as its called hand healing.reiki or any other way its about having Empathy
being a shoulder to cry on. listening to people.
if you want to develop into Healing going to a spiritualist church where they do developing circles and some do healing would be a good start,
if you feel listening to people works better for you train to be a counsellor,its very rewarding.

Namaste