Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 28-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Knower

I have no doubt that this has been successful for you. I have done amazing things when deep in a self-induced trance. Seriously amazing. When we are in partnership with the universe (and by the universe, I mean the largest part of ourselves), miracles can happen :)
Old 12-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowers
I have done amazing things when deep in a self-induced trance. Seriously amazing.

Would you mind sharing some of those?
Old 12-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Knower

One example that I have is when I changed the nature of my relationship with mosquitoes.

I used to be horribly bitten by mosquitoes. The problem was that I would have extreme reactions to the bites. It got so bad that I started having issues where my arm or leg would swell up to become hard, itchy lumps... like my whole forearm... with red striations leading up from my elbow. It actually scared the doctors.

So I put myself into a deep, deep trance and, from that deep place, connected in with the consciousness of mosquitoes. From there, we created a new agreement where it became known to mosquito-kind that I would no longer be able to serve as a source of sustenance for them.

So.... after that: no more mosquito bites. Completely none for 15 years. I got one shortly after my sister died, but I believe that was because the unexpected death of my sister had significantly change in both my vibration and my endocrine emissions. However, that was the only bite that I had in 25 years since doing this trance/meditation.

So, there are two reasons why this could have worked:
1. I reached an agreement with the consciousness of mosquitoes, or
2. The story and the agreement was an impetus to my changing my endocrine emissions so that I am not 'tasty' to mosquitoes.

Either way, and I'm not stuck on which, it worked and the reason it worked was because I put myself into a very, very deep trance and had that experience.

Similar trance happenings are less easy to explain but they always involve my putting myself into a deep (very deep) trance and setting up a vibrational connection with an aspect of reality. Each time, I have had success in what the reason was for.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Master

Quote:
One example that I have is when I changed the nature of my relationship with mosquitoes.

I used to be horribly bitten by mosquitoes. The problem was that I would have extreme reactions to the bites. It got so bad that I started having issues where my arm or leg would swell up to become hard, itchy lumps... like my whole forearm... with red striations leading up from my elbow. It actually scared the doctors.

So I put myself into a deep, deep trance and, from that deep place, connected in with the consciousness of mosquitoes. From there, we created a new agreement where it became known to mosquito-kind that I would no longer be able to serve as a source of sustenance for them.

So.... after that: no more mosquito bites. Completely none for 15 years. I got one shortly after my sister died, but I believe that was because the unexpected death of my sister had significantly change in both my vibration and my endocrine emissions. However, that was the only bite that I had in 25 years since doing this trance/meditation.

So, there are two reasons why this could have worked:
1. I reached an agreement with the consciousness of mosquitoes, or
2. The story and the agreement was an impetus to my changing my endocrine emissions so that I am not 'tasty' to mosquitoes.

Either way, and I'm not stuck on which, it worked and the reason it worked was because I put myself into a very, very deep trance and had that experience.

Similar trance happenings are less easy to explain but they always involve my putting myself into a deep (very deep) trance and setting up a vibrational connection with an aspect of reality. Each time, I have had success in what the reason was for.

Do you mind elaborating on " I put myself into a very, very deep trance "? Thanks.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-02-2019, 12:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Do you mind elaborating on " I put myself into a very, very deep trance "? Thanks.

Yes, no worries. I performed several deepening techniques on myself and gauged my level of trance state each time. I think this is easier when you've been hypnotized by another person several times. You become used to what it feels like.

So when I say deep, deep or very, very, I just mean that I had surpassed the level that I am in when I meditate and talked myself through several more deepening scripts and brought myself to what I consider an extremely deep level. The level you are in hypnosis where your conscious mind is out of the way.

Seems odd, I know, to have your conscious mind out of the way but yet having it gauge how I'm doing :) But if you've ever been hypnotized, you may have an understanding of the portion of your brain that I call "the witness". You can be very deep in hypnosis and yet the witness is always taking stock of what is happening. I just cultivated that portion of my mind so I can be deep and yet managing the hypnotic state, as well.

This may be more than you were asking for but I did want to give you as much information as possible, from my experience of it.
Old 13-02-2019, 02:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Yes, no worries. I performed several deepening techniques on myself and gauged my level of trance state each time. I think this is easier when you've been hypnotized by another person several times. You become used to what it feels like.

So when I say deep, deep or very, very, I just mean that I had surpassed the level that I am in when I meditate and talked myself through several more deepening scripts and brought myself to what I consider an extremely deep level. The level you are in hypnosis where your conscious mind is out of the way.

Seems odd, I know, to have your conscious mind out of the way but yet having it gauge how I'm doing :) But if you've ever been hypnotized, you may have an understanding of the portion of your brain that I call "the witness". You can be very deep in hypnosis and yet the witness is always taking stock of what is happening. I just cultivated that portion of my mind so I can be deep and yet managing the hypnotic state, as well.

This may be more than you were asking for but I did want to give you as much information as possible, from my experience of it.

Thank you. I was asking for as much information, and as much detail you're willing to spend time on.

I hypnotize myself too, give suggestions, have q&a sessions with my guide, and regress / progress in time and space.

If you don't mind maybe you can detail a little about deepening, and (if any) visualization methods you're successfully using.

By the way, your mosquito problem and solving made me think (humorously) about employing it against other "beings" that might pick on others (aka bullies).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-02-2019, 03:55 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Thank you. I was asking for as much information, and as much detail you're willing to spend time on.

I hypnotize myself too, give suggestions, have q&a sessions with my guide, and regress / progress in time and space.

If you don't mind maybe you can detail a little about deepening, and (if any) visualization methods you're successfully using.

By the way, your mosquito problem and solving made me think (humorously) about employing it against other "beings" that might pick on others (aka bullies).

Absolutely. I'd love to hear what techniques you use, as well.

I often use the classic staircase. I use that at least once. I let my mind define and elaborate the staircase and then, as I descend (of course with the also-classic deeper, more relaxed statements), I intentionally engage my senses... what am I feeling on this step, how does it feel under my hand, what does it look like now, what do my muscles feel like as they take a step down. I find that the more I can center my conscious mind into the reality of the staircase and the moment of taking the step down, the deeper I go.

I also use a pulsing technique at times. When I can feel the pulsing of my body rhythms, I focus on that and use my breath to lengthen it (coinciding with my specific deepening statements again, of course).

I also set up the noises of the room, where as I pay attention to another technique, if my mind becomes aware of another noise, I will use this noise to automatically send me deeper (of course, I know that if the noise means danger, that will overrule my trance).

I also use different body-awareness techniques, though these are usually near the beginning. Creating a feeling of light and heavy simultaneously in a body part or addressing one part after another and guiding its relaxation.

Generally, the staircase and the pulsing are the techniques that bring me to the deepest levels. Those, with the addition of the noise triggers.

That's interesting about the bully idea. I've not used this technique to modify my relationship with big persons of this earth, just the tiny ones. Also connecting with different aspects of reality. It's pretty amazing and I am in awe every time. I usually experience a communion with what I'm focusing on. For instance, in the mosquito example, I had what I can only describe as a 'download' of what it means to be mosquito.

Can you tell me about a time/space example that you've had? I've never tried that so I'd love to hear how that works for you.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Absolutely. I'd love to hear what techniques you use, as well.

I often use the classic staircase. I use that at least once. I let my mind define and elaborate the staircase and then, as I descend (of course with the also-classic deeper, more relaxed statements), I intentionally engage my senses... what am I feeling on this step, how does it feel under my hand, what does it look like now, what do my muscles feel like as they take a step down. I find that the more I can center my conscious mind into the reality of the staircase and the moment of taking the step down, the deeper I go.

I also use a pulsing technique at times. When I can feel the pulsing of my body rhythms, I focus on that and use my breath to lengthen it (coinciding with my specific deepening statements again, of course).

I also set up the noises of the room, where as I pay attention to another technique, if my mind becomes aware of another noise, I will use this noise to automatically send me deeper (of course, I know that if the noise means danger, that will overrule my trance).

I also use different body-awareness techniques, though these are usually near the beginning. Creating a feeling of light and heavy simultaneously in a body part or addressing one part after another and guiding its relaxation.

Generally, the staircase and the pulsing are the techniques that bring me to the deepest levels. Those, with the addition of the noise triggers.

That's interesting about the bully idea. I've not used this technique to modify my relationship with big persons of this earth, just the tiny ones. Also connecting with different aspects of reality. It's pretty amazing and I am in awe every time. I usually experience a communion with what I'm focusing on. For instance, in the mosquito example, I had what I can only describe as a 'download' of what it means to be mosquito.

Can you tell me about a time/space example that you've had? I've never tried that so I'd love to hear how that works for you.

Thank you very much. I'm a little amazed, but pleasantly surprised that my methods pretty much overlap with yours: the staircase (or elevator down, with counting down), the relaxation suggestions, the use of all senses (sometimes in my secrete special place, that is modeled vaguely after a real location I visited in my childhood), the noise (itches and moves) as deepening triggers of hypnotic suggestions, lengthening of my breath (with a little holding in the beginning), I use physical progressive relaxation rarely, as it is a little time consuming.

I noticed that some of the best sessions I had were the result of speedier induction, when I assume that the induction just is successful and that I've already attained the state I desired, then just go to what I pre-planned to accomplish.

I started to be interested in, and experiment with self-hypnosis in the form of regression: past life and life between lives. So, occasionally, especially as part of the rapid induction, I just go through a quick regression sequence (going to childhood, womb, birth, and / or other few times in my life).

Most of my beliefs are the result of q&a sessions with a higher guide. I don't subscribe to any or the religious beliefs, although I was raised "mildly" Christian.

Regarding time & space: I see them, as well as consciousness, as dimensions, and one can focus attention instantaneously anywhere on their positive or negative domains. Once deep enough, I give suggestions to focus to a desired point, I assume I'm "there" and start to use my perception.

For example, I tried to foresee some sports results. To do that, I focused to a moment in time after the sports event, and tried to perceive my thoughts about that (already past) event. I had pretty good results with that, especially when I had a neutral interest in the outcome of the sports event :)

I've also had some success in perceiving the feelings of other people, in the same way, by suggesting my self a point of focus.

To get more accurate perceptions, I force myself to be as neutral as possible, with no expectations, and putting away all the beliefs when I hypnotize myself. I also try my best to not interpret what I perceive, and to remember the information strictly as I received it.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Seeker
Just want to say that as a neophyte at this, I'm grateful to you both for sharing your experiences.

Listening and learning
Old 13-02-2019, 12:41 PM
Knower

Thanks, inavalan, you've given me some great ideas :-)

And you're welcome, Luna, happy to share :-)