Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 02-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Seeker
Hi again inavalan

I've made some progress with this and working with ideomotor signals to yes/no questions. I am still so unsure that it's really coming from my SC/guide and not my conscious, but working on letting go of control and trusting what comes.

Interesting you should mention that the answer sometimes pops into your mind even before you have finished formulating the question. This has also been happening to me, since I began doing self-hypnosis interactively, instead of just passively listening to tapes. I've also been making requests. Ines Simpson told me how to do it, after my last session with her recently.

Sometimes my SC gives answers randomly (seemingly) when I am not doing self-hypnosis but just day-dreaming/zoning out (trance by any other name) while going about my day. I'll have been pondering something and while zoned out, the answer is suddenly there. Sometimes I only realize this when trying to ask in (deliberate) trance. It doesn't come in words, just ideas/thoughts. I'm seeing now these are also communications, I used to think they were conscious meanderings and made-up stuff.

Do you formulate your questions before going into trance?
Old 02-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna*
Hi again inavalan

I've made some progress with this and working with ideomotor signals to yes/no questions. I am still so unsure that it's really coming from my SC/guide and not my conscious, but working on letting go of control and trusting what comes.

Interesting you should mention that the answer sometimes pops into your mind even before you have finished formulating the question. This has also been happening to me, since I began doing self-hypnosis interactively, instead of just passively listening to tapes. I've also been making requests. Ines Simpson told me how to do it, after my last session with her recently.

Sometimes my SC gives answers randomly (seemingly) when I am not doing self-hypnosis but just day-dreaming/zoning out (trance by any other name) while going about my day. I'll have been pondering something and while zoned out, the answer is suddenly there. Sometimes I only realize this when trying to ask in (deliberate) trance. It doesn't come in words, just ideas/thoughts. I'm seeing now these are also communications, I used to think they were conscious meanderings and made-up stuff.

Do you formulate your questions before going into trance?

No, usually I don't formulate questions beforehand, because I don't want to get any bias from my conscious.

Daydreaming might, sometimes, provide less accurate answers, because of our wishful thinking.

Here there's an interesting video somebody referenced on this or another forum: Bruce Moen on how to make contact in the Afterlife
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Seeker
Thank you for that reference, I'll take a look. :)
Old 17-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Seeker
Interesting video.

My daydreaming is a lot like that. Pretending, imagining stuff and playing out a scenario, playing "what-if", then suddenly there's an unexpected "Aha, now I know what to do", or "Aha, that's why". Or an image for my next artwork. SC/spirit stuff for sure.

I'm definitely in trance when that happens. Not from deliberate hypnosis, just that eyes-open trance that's all too easy to slip into, sometimes when you ought not to and should be focusing elsewhere.
Old 20-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Knower

Hi there,

Having been trained for several years, I just wanted to make a quick note to assist with understanding. In hypnosis, if a person is not led to a particular way of thinking, the rule is that "the subconscious rules". In other words, whatever the procedure or protocol being used, if a person is using hypnosis to capture or understand innate wisdom, whether you call it the super-conscious or the subconscious, the effect is the same: what needs to be heard will be heard.

It is, in fact, the benefit of having a highly skilled and non-leading hypnotherapist. Someone who guides you to your own answers and doesn't using leading questions is the preferred hypnotist.

Also, and very important, that hypnotist/hypnotherapist is not there to interpret your information. They are there to make sure you feel safe and secure and to allow your own understanding of yourself.

Guiding safely and securely your ability to learn from yourself what you need to learn to be who you want to be. That is the mark of the best hypnotherapists.
Old 23-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Seeker
Thanks for the info, Empowers.

Ines is very big on not leading. I saw a video where she was addressing people she had trained in SP and said, "if you're leading at all, you're doing it wrong, it's the client's SC that leads the session".
Old 23-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna*
Thanks for the info, Empowers.

Ines is very big on not leading. I saw a video where she was addressing people she had trained in SP and said, "if you're leading at all, you're doing it wrong, it's the client's SC that leads the session".

Absolutely. I'm glad to hear that :)
Old 24-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Seeker
Do you ever ask for stuff to be done? (I've been doing that and wow - it's been happening.) Ines is big on Intention, too.
Old 24-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Knower

I'm not sure what you mean...
Old 28-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Seeker
I mean, same as you'd go to a hypnotist to get help with problems and they talk with your SC. For example, I have had hot flushes for 5 years. They've been more frequent and severe than any of my peers and showing no signs of abating. I'd sweat profusely. I've been asking my SC to help me experience them as more comfortable and to reduce their frequency.

And it's happened. They *have* become less frequent, *and* less severe. So that's what I mean about asking for stuff to be done when you communicate with your SC in self-hypnosis.