Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 01-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Ascender

Hynotised to forget a painful image?

Just wondering on this, I'm finding it difficult to deal with the image of my mother's face on her passing. Not that the moment itself was painful for her but you know, the classic eyes open and mouth open. I guess I was lucky to get to 46 and never see a dead body in the flesh but it's really been playing on my mind. I would like something that could at least take the edge off it, if not block it out altogether.

can hypnosis help at all?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Master

What might help would be understanding and acceptance that her passing would have been peaceful. A rebirth into a realm of beauty, with freedom from pain and suffering, reunion with departed loved ones and a restoration of youthful vigour.

That 'vacant' look can be misleading, especially so in the absence of understanding and faith.
An analogy one could draw, is like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon. With the butterfly representing the ascending spirit and the cocoon representing the now unneeded physical body.

I have always found great comfort in Silver Birch's famous quote. Here, he uses the analogy of a caged bird as representing the liberated spirit and it is quite beautiful.

'When I come to your world I am like a bird imprisoned within a cage and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space.
What you call death is the opening of the cage and the release of the bird from its prison'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
metal68, this is really tough. I do know. I have seen so many pass away....my grandmothers, (first one when I was 5) -dear mother, my father, my husband, my best (human) friend,among others....

This 'death-mask' situation is extremely common. It is very hard for observers to take with equanimity and understanding. It is very upsetting.
I can say with no hesitation that what is actually going on with them at that time is not quite the same as we might imagine from looking at their faces. The muscles have no more tone, and the mouth is dry, and the breathing is often laboured, and so that's why the face falls into such slackness. The eyes are not focused on this world any more, but on something inner. That's why the eyes are wide open with no expression. Also the blinking reflex doesn't work.
It is hard to observe but entirely natural. But at those times, my grandmother smiled suddenly and laughed and said names of long deceased relatives....
My husband cried just a few tears (and I who knew him also knew only emotionally-moving happy scenarios ever made him cry. He never cried for any other reason.)

I am only saying all that to try to be of some help in easing this for you. Those are my experiences. They are not seeing what we see.

I am sure positive suggestion via hypnotism might possibly help you. And hopefully the understanding of the natural processes of the death of the body.
The processes of birth are upsetting to some also!
Old 02-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Ascender

Thanks guys, your replies really touched me.

I have to admit my mum's eyes were REALLY wide open as she was taking her last breaths and she seemed to be looking through me & my sister, looking beyond us, it broke my heart as she shed a tear or two during this. I wonder if these tears were joy or sadness, I guess I will never know. Id like to think she was seeing my dad waiting for her but can't help feeling that could just be wishful thoughts.

My sister had been there for about 20 mins before I got to the hospital and she said my mum did not blink even once despite the wide open eyes.

My uncle arrived with me, and he took my mum's hand and in his own words (I am not a christian btw) he asked the Lord to take my mum and pass her over. My sister had her other arm and felt her pulse which although irregular was beating strongly and at the second, and I mean exact second , that my uncle said the prayer my sister felt the pulse go and my uncle and sister looked at one another and we knew she had gone. The nurses even remarked that it was a remarkable death.

I had even brought in her beloved cat in a basket to see her, the hospital allowed it as the end was near and she was in a side room. The cat normally plays up when in a box but he was peaceful throughout. My sister believes that even though my mum couldn't see the cat as mum was already on the final journey when I arrived with him and her sight was poor anyway, mum was still aware of the cat's presence in the room. My sister even believes that Mum may have been looking down on us all in the room for above.

I don't know what to believe, all I feel is broken hearted in a way that I cannot ever imagine will ever mend
Old 02-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Master

She was looking into the next world, with wonder ...

Yes, your dad probably did come to get her and take her across.

The sorrow of loss (even though it is only temporary) is understandable, but beyond that, it was beautiful ....

I miss my dear mother, but I always take comfort in knowing she is very happy on the Other Side.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Ascender

Does it really get easier??

I find the world a dark place and I think mum was a beacon of light in the darkness. sadly I didn't always realise that and we had many a set to. Her last 12 months of illness did allow us to get a lot closer though.

Im not married and have no kids, not sure what I would do if I didn't have my sister here
Old 02-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Hey metal, your description of your mum's passing was so very moving. Blessings to her. She will be all right where she has gone.

Losing someone really very dear always breaks our hearts. We'd have to be made of stone for it not to. Especially at first, the love and the sadness are all mixed up in our tears.

Sometimes there are flashbacks and we keep seeing the final moments, or the last few hours. I often wonder why....maybe it's our last imprinted memory of them on this Earth, and that's why the visions stick around for a while. But those images do fade as time goes by -honestly. After a little time, other memories come instead, until in remembering, we start to see the person we loved rather than their moments of passing from this world.

During a gradual passing from age or illness, there is a gradual separation from the physical body going on. As the body begins to fail, the Soul starts to take over. We can't see that but sense it, and it moves us to do graceful things.

I am glad the hospital let your mother's cat be taken in to see her. They let our dog visit just before my husband passed. There were french windows in his ground floor room, and I was allowed to bring the dog in through them to see him.

You may not see her...but listen carefully with your heart because maybe your Mum still is a beacon of light for you in the darkness....
Old 05-07-2018, 07:30 AM
Experiencer

Fish

Hypnosis is a very flexible thing. If you have hypnosis practices, you can help people.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Just wondering on this, I'm finding it difficult to deal with the image of my mother's face on her passing. Not that the moment itself was painful for her but you know, the classic eyes open and mouth open. I guess I was lucky to get to 46 and never see a dead body in the flesh but it's really been playing on my mind. I would like something that could at least take the edge off it, if not block it out altogether.

can hypnosis help at all?

You could paint a picture of your mother now how you'd like to see her; as an angel or a being of light or smiling and glowing looking down upon you with love; radiating her goodness from within and out. If you're not a painter then you could have someone do it for you. And hang it up. I know it sounds out there but I believe it would help. It might not completely erase it but it'll ease in time.

All the best to you.