Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 23-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzalady
I know certain things can be done in one session with a professional, ie no smoking, which I kind of think is a miracle really. When someone had smoked for 30 yrs and stop completely after 1 session - amazing.

There are instances where one session can work. In the case of cigarette smoking, if the person really wants to quit, one session could work, where a professional hypnotherapist is administering the session.

Someone that is rather resistant to quitting, yet, is willing to go into trance, it probably would take more sessions, though, not necessarily.

Using self hypnosis, however, you will probably not quit cigarettes on the first session. You will probably have to do several. But, the good news, you can do it, using self hypnosis.
Old 24-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Lanzalady

I would suggest that if a person is resistant to quitting smoking then paying a professional to do hypnosis is a complete waste of money. One needs to be committed to giving up before going for hypnosis.

LL
Old 20-09-2018, 06:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parma
If you do self hypnosis, how effective do you think it is?

I would say everybody does self hypnosis - they just do not realize it for the most part.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi.

I have always been interested in hypnosis.

BUT--- What exactly is the difference between hypnosis and positive thinking/manifestation through meditation?

This might be a silly question but I have done self guided meditations and hypnosis videos/audios and they are extremely similar. I can't really figure out what sets them apart....

Thanks!
-Lauren