Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 23-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Newbie ;)

how to achieve alpha state?

i tried hypnosis and self-hypnosis and it never works. i would like someone to recommend any techniques on how to achieve the alpha state. thanks
Old 23-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Knower

I've heard that as soon as you close your eyes and start visualizing things you are in alpha.

Hypnosis and subliminals never worked for me either. When I listen to hypnosis recordings over and over I do have a hard time staying focused on what the hypnotist is saying. My mind does tend to wonder sometimes, which probably doesn't help.
Old 30-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Master

I often reach alpha state by meditating. I breath in and out. It works if you do not allow other thoughts to get in the way.
Old 30-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Master

Also I imagine myself relaxing with each breath.
Old 30-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Master

You can look up "Spirit Guide Contact Through Hypnosis" by Dr. Bruce Goldberg.

You can also browse through some free exercises on his website.
Old 25-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Seeker
If I may comment? I'm not a hypnotist, just a hypnosis enthusiast.

I'd recommend you have an in-person session with a hypnotist to start off with. You're inclined to think you aren't in hypnosis if you just feel relaxed but not different in any way. Some do feel a difference, others just feel like they're relaxing with their eyes closed, when they are in fact in a hypnotic alpha state. It's not much different from when you're day-dreaming or really absorbed in a good movie. A focused state.

A hypnotist will be able to guide you into alpha and once you have done this, you're able to do it yourself. It's not a mysterious, hard-to-reach process.

In alpha you are very much present and hear everything and just feel relaxed. If you're only doing it on your own you may not believe you are in hypnosis, but a hypnotist will confirm it for you, having guided you there.