Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 10-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Knower

How to know if I am hypnotized?

Ok, maybe I ask this question because I've never been hypnotized. I have tried to do a couple of guided hypnosis via audio, but idk if this is real or made up by me.

I just try to follow the instructions, but sometimes I am lost. Maybe I loose some concentration because of some noise, or I need to sneeze.

And another thing what happen is that sometimes I imagine myself in First Person camera, and others in Third Person. So, my quiestion is: How can I know if all that I am listening and doing is "real" rather than a product of my imagination?
Old 25-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Ascender
Hypnosis is best done in person with a real hypnotist, rather than by listening to an audio file. It is certainly possible to be hypnotised whilst listening to an audio file, but the success (or not) of the procedure will also depend upon:

the quality and content of the hypnosis script on the audio (and you didn't say whose audio you have listened to or where you got it from);
and
the receptiveness and state of relaxation of the recipient.

If you were to go to an experienced hypnotist in person, s/he would be able to tell whether you are in hypnosis or not at any particular stage and could adapt the session accordingly (sometimes using a different technique if hypnosis has not been achieved). That is important.

Some people are more difficult to hypnotise than others. It depends on the critical factor; please Google the phrase if you don't know what it is. So if you have your "guard up", the audio by itself may not work. Openness, trust in the hypnotist and complete relaxation are the keys.

You mention that some noise has disturbed you on occasions. The only way to avoid this is a controlled environment where you can be sure that there will be no outside noise to distract you. Some hypnotists have sound-proofed rooms or put headphones on clients to block out exterior distractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
And another thing what happen is that sometimes I imagine myself in First Person camera, and others in Third Person. So, my quiestion is: How can I know if all that I am listening and doing is "real" rather than a product of my imagination?

I am sorry to say that I am not sure what you mean by "imagine myself in first person camera and others in third person". NLP, which is a close relative of hypnosis but is really a technique in its own right (please Google "NLP" if you don't know what that is), uses a technique where a client sometimes imagines him/herself in a film set acting out some role (or watching it) - often with the aim of curing a phobia. Is that what you are referring to, perhaps?

As for imagination, that is a powerful tool in helping a client resolve some problem. It does not matter whether the imagined scene is "real" or not. The sole aim is to use such imagination to help the client.

Every best wish to you!
Old 19-07-2018, 03:06 AM
Knower

Regarding the noise, part of a hypnotic induction can include using the noises of the room to bring someone even deeper. One of the benefits of being hypnotized by someone trained is that you can let go of the wondering and just enjoy the relaxation of the session. After having the experiences with a trained hypnotist, being able to use a tape or video to practice self-hypnosis will be much, much easier.

If you just can't find someone to hypnotize you so you can experience it from a practiced person, then just relax into the session and remember that what LPC said is true, the imagination is powerful and whether 'real' or not, your session will be bringing you benefit - and more so the more you can relax into it.

<3
Old 19-07-2018, 04:53 AM
Master

Just don't think about it. Surrender to the experience!

Anyway, for most purposes you only need a light hypnotic trance.

Do it and see if you get the result you were supposed to get. That's the ultimate verification.

What do you want to achieve through hypnosis?
Old 08-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Master
In a way we get hypnotized all the time. Anytime you buy something you really don’t need but some advertisement influenced you - isn’t that a form of hypnosis? That’s why the masters say to live in present moment awareness.
Old 17-03-2019, 03:16 AM
Newbie ;)

There are several things you can do to get set for your hypnosis experience such as use headphones and listen to a binaural that is at the Alpha frequency. Once you have heard it once or twice, you will be able to ignore it while attempting self hypnosis. Looking sightly up automatically helps you get in Alpha. Don't strain. You need to be aware of time in you sessions. After you have worked on a few sessions, you should start to notice time slippage from your viewpoint, meaning that more time has gone by than you are aware of. Once you notice that, you were in hypnosis for some amount of time. Keep at it, add positive self talk just before starting any session. You may find that actually speaking out loud is more effective. Keep a log so you can review what you have done and your progress. That is another kind of reinforcement.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
Ok, maybe I ask this question because I've never been hypnotized. I have tried to do a couple of guided hypnosis via audio, but idk if this is real or made up by me.

I just try to follow the instructions, but sometimes I am lost. Maybe I loose some concentration because of some noise, or I need to sneeze.

One way to know if you have been hypnotized, is to see if your belief system has changed.

For example, you are a smoker and know you do not want to smoke as much.

Namaste.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜