Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 26-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Hypnosis does not work

I went to hypnosis to quit smoking .

I was keen to stop smoking , I sat in one session , I was given a story to hear as I layer on the sofa and after the session ended I went outside and threw my cigarettes away and never smoked again.

At the time I believed the hypnotist stopped me smoking . but later I learned via inspiration that god band the angels made me quit smoking not the hypnotist.

On reflection it makes sense . I found it so hard to quit smoking I just couldent do it . so how could a hypnotist do so just by telling me a story.

I listened to others who went to hypnosis , and some managed to quit via hypnosis and others failed so it does not always work which makes me believe that it does not work at all.
All hypnotists do is relax you and tell you a story . if hypnosis was that powerful governments would utilise it and use it on terrorists and criminals to stop them from sinning .

I was told by god and the angels that they made me smoke which was part of my karma all addiction is forced upon us by god and the angels as part of our karma .
Old 27-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Master

I'm sure hypnosis works. It is just you don't seem to understand what hypnosis is: putting you in an altered state of consciousness, and giving direct suggestions to your subconscious. Performed correctly by a hypnotist or by yourself, it always works.

When you got your messages from God and angels, you were also in an altered state of consciousness.

One doesn't exclude the other: you got the addiction the karmic way, then you decided to, and got rid of the addiction. You wanted to get rid of the addiction, so you looked up a way to do it, and decided on getting help from a hypnotist, who passed to your subconscious your conscious wish: to stop smoking.

If you didn't want to stop smoking, the hypnotist couldn't have helped you. That's why nobody can hypnotize terrorists and criminals into changing them.
Old 28-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
....If you didn't want to stop smoking, the hypnotist couldn't have helped you. That's why nobody can hypnotize terrorists and criminals into changing them.

I totally agree. Hypnosis is basically guided meditation. How deep you go inwards to effect change is based on both your willingness and desire as well as the skill of the hypnotist to guide you there.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Experiencer
hypnosis doesn't work on everyone equally and not every hypnotist is equally as good some are worse.
I think if you are attracted to women goto a female hypnotist
And if you are attracted to a men goto a male hypnotist
As you are more likely to trust somebody you are attracted to and let them inside your mind.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Experiencer
autosugestions for fears
Old 14-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus
I went to hypnosis to quit smoking .

I was keen to stop smoking , I sat in one session , I was given a story to hear as I layer on the sofa and after the session ended I went outside and threw my cigarettes away and never smoked again.

At the time I believed the hypnotist stopped me smoking . but later I learned via inspiration that god band the angels made me quit smoking not the hypnotist.

On reflection it makes sense . I found it so hard to quit smoking I just couldent do it . so how could a hypnotist do so just by telling me a story.

I listened to others who went to hypnosis , and some managed to quit via hypnosis and others failed so it does not always work which makes me believe that it does not work at all.
All hypnotists do is relax you and tell you a story . if hypnosis was that powerful governments would utilise it and use it on terrorists and criminals to stop them from sinning .

I was told by god and the angels that they made me smoke which was part of my karma all addiction is forced upon us by god and the angels as part of our karma .

It is as you believe. Whatever you believe inside your reality is true for you.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Newbie ;)

My mom laughed hysterically at the word "indian" for a year after being a guinea pig for a hypnotist at a dinner show. It was pure gold to have this knowledge. Mom was getting mad, simply say indian and she lost it lol.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus

Some runners use hypnosis to run faster.

I suspect governments do use hypnosis one degree or another.

Some people who get 'religion' seem to be under hypnosis and slow down or stop doing bad thing.