Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 14-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Would that be Saguna Brahman or Nirguna Brahman then?

i'm non religious - i don't hold to any religion / form. i am omnist & open to consider that there is a thread of truth within everything - a universal wisdom.

i am open to all areas of genuine science, philosophy, spirituality & highest religious teachings / knowledge.

i have my own understanding on a physical & spiritual cosmology.

i see a source to all life - true god Worlds - the Creator & 7 'levels' of creation.

To my experience & understanding there is an individuated soul, higher self & source. As generally described within ancient Brahman mysticism.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
i'm non religious - i don't hold to any religion / form. i am omnist & open to consider that there is a thread of truth within everything - a universal wisdom.

i am open to all areas of genuine science, philosophy, spirituality & highest religious teachings / knowledge.

i have my own understanding on a physical & spiritual cosmology.

i see a source to all life - true god Worlds - the Creator & 7 'levels' of creation.

To my experience & understanding there is an individuated soul, higher self & source. As generally described within ancient Brahman mysticism.
Namaste.

Thank you for telling me about your belief system as it helps place things I can reply to into context.

Hinduism is a 'religion' yes. More than that, it's a total way of life and even more than that still, the essence of Sanatana Dharma must flow, like plasma through your veins until you live it and breathe it, my friend.

In my beliefs, my Lord Shiva is the founder pf the Sanatana School and instills the dharma into our very souls, being what makes me Hindu.

There are so MANY misconceptions about us...that we worship 'many Gods' when we pretty much only worship one with many names and forms - over 33 crore of them at last count.

Still, they are all representative of Brahman, just as many facets represent the diamond after it has been cut by the sword of Bhakti.

What I speak about can only be understood by another Hindu or a Hindu scholar...or one who simply just takes the time to research all the silly links I post and studies Sanskrit, of course. That would help much!

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Hinduism is a 'religion' yes. More than that, it's a way of life......

Yup - & so say all religions / the religious.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Yup - & so say all religions / the religious.
So? I am also said it as applying to my own. What are your implications?

Aum Namah Shivaya.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Ascender

Quote:
So? I am also said it as applying to my own. What are your implications?

Aum Namah Shivaya.

No implications. i am non religious / don't follow any religion / system / form & am happy & content within my own understandings, knowledge & practise.

i have my own views on religions / the religious, But how you live your own life is your own prerogative.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Master
Quote:
No implications. i am non religious / don't follow any religion / system / form & am happy & content within my own understandings, knowledge & practise.

i have my own views on religions / the religious, But how you live your own life is your own prerogative.
Nice diplomatic retreat there. I honour it.

Aum Tat Sat.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Nice diplomatic retreat there. I honour it.

Aum Tat Sat.

Life for me & my own soul journey is primarily about learning & loving. Seeing the unity within diversity. Honouring the paths & lives of others, & trying to be of compassionate service to others who cross my path. Although part of stages of development, i don't see that life is about religions. i have & do work on the dropping of all beliefs, on the letting go of any fixed idea / belief. As i say, there is some thread of truth within everything, all forms / religions are a finger pointing to the moon, But for me i choose none of them. An argument / debate about what is truth & reality Never solves anything, as it is very often largely dependent on the perceptions & beliefs of the individual, & i don't see truth & reality like that - it is what is, all that is - as is. There is No religion higher than truth, as one saying goes.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
An argument / debate about what is truth & reality Never solves anything, as it is very often largely dependent on the perceptions & beliefs of the individual, & i don't see truth & reality like that - it is what is, all that is - as is. [b]There is No religion higher than truth, as one saying goes.?b]
Namaste.

That is the saying of the Theosophical Society as well and yup, I am one of those too!

What religion does, is to place the absolute in terms of reference and association for ease of understanding and practice.

There is the 'finger' and there is the 'moon' and there is that which is neither 'finger', nor 'moon' AND both 'finger' and 'moon', simultaneously and concurrently.

Jivatman is 'finger', Paramatman is 'moon' and Brahman exists outside the whole finger/moon frame of reference which incorporates everything the finger/moon relation IS, everything the finger/moon is NOT and anything and everything inclusive of it and transcending it in toto and ad absolutum.

For those who are pedantic in their awareness, the Tao cannot be named because they see it as 'that which goes beyond conventional language'.

Yet to use words like Brahman, Atman, Self, Bhairava, God, Shiva, Krishna, Allah, Jehovah, Purusha etc to even describe it does the indescribable injustice, but how else does one relate a concept without any relation existing outside the awareness of it's OWN self which has nothing to do with the 'I".

Also, I am only doing my bit here to reply to a question asked in the Hindu Forum by applying the actual teachings of Hinduism (as provided), by an actual Hindu, according to where the question was posted and the nature of the question asked, staying true to my faith and teachings, until those with different faiths/beliefs/teachings outside those of this sub-forum decided they wanted to take issue with it.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Also, I am ONLY doing my bit here to reply to a question asked in the Hindu Forum by applying the actual teachings of Hinduism, by a Hindu according to where the question was posted and the nature of the question asked according to my faith and teachings, until those with different faiths/beliefs/teachings outside those of this forum decided they wanted to take issue.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Fair enough. i understand the Hindu ideas around it all, i have read & studied it a lot.

i replied a core / original teaching that the Atman / Brahman are One, & you immediately made it into a question about different Hindu denominations / sects. This is where / why religion & me part company - it is largely one big argument.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Fair enough. i understand the Hindu ideas around it all, i have read & studied it a lot.

i replied a core / original teaching that the Atman / Brahman are One, & you immediately made it into a question about different Hindu denominations / sects. This is where / why religion & me part company - it is largely one big argument.
Yet, you didn't apply any Veda nor Upanishad in substantiation of it, as I have thoroughly and conclusively done in my replies..

I have also been very omnist in my views, whilst still remaining true to my own as not only a member of this religion, but one who has had the whole religion instilled within me, due to forces and sources beyond my control or conception (even though I blame Shiva for it). LOL

Aum Dakshinamurthaye Namah!