Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-02-2018, 07:35 PM
kjw47

Jesus warned ALL

John 15:20-21---that on account of his name( Jesus) ( those think they are standing for it) will do things against the true followers--WHY? Because they do not know the one who sent him= Father( John 5:30) = YHWH(Jehovah)-- The one Jesus teaches is THE ONLY TRUE GOD( John 17:3) he as well teaches there one must know Father and know Jesus to get eternal life.
Do you know YHWH(Jehovah) --Jesus God and Father--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- Few do. I guess that is why Few will find entrance into Gods kingdom.
Old 28-02-2018, 03:24 AM
Master
Unbelievable eh..
Old 28-02-2018, 08:36 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Unbelievable eh..

It is sad. The blind guides are running around telling their flocks--you are saved--or born again--they dont even know God.
Old 28-02-2018, 08:45 PM
boshy b. good

When come through jesus, what's our be telling
us, maybe it's something ss-acre-dd "or and" heroic
Old 01-03-2018, 03:50 AM
Master
The flock has been scattered...

The shepherd calls, the wolves are ready.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Master

who do you identify as the blind guides kjw?
there's simply a ton of preachers of all kinds yacking away these days
in my opinion the worst is the ones that call the holy spirit a fire and you have people rolling around and under spiritual influence that's not of God. that to me takes the crown of blind guidedness!
I've seen that stuff first hand.
Some really messed up things in that crowd which encompasses many popular preaching movements.
I do go as far as liking Hillsong and similar but it's a fine line, Kari Jobe for example is outstanding but was part of the Toronto blessing falsehood, and now views it as just 'excessive' not for what it really was. So the line is fine IMO, you can have good solid worship music and terrible preaching
Old 01-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Seriously, that entire ''believe in God or you're going to hell for eternity'' policy makes zero sense and is totally flawed. I see little to no difference between this God that sends people to hell and dictator Kim Jong Un who sends people to concentration camps for merely criticising him.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Master

ah Slayer, yes its a major distraction.. self defeating too

I think the best Christian view is to emphasise God's grace and to trust him, not make threats on his behalf, especially when sometimes they rest on one or two verses or human theology. Sometimes 'I don't know' is best.
I know I trust him, but I don't trust everything people say about him

It's actually quite a bold thing to open your mouth and say 'believe this' or God will reject you. I personally don't think I could say that. We can't know the mind of God.

On the other hand, it puts people like you off becoming Christians and well away from causing any trouble. So from a human point of view that wishes to restrict access to God it makes sense and very effective stumbling block it is. The Catholics try it with 'salvation only through the Catholic church' which surprise, surprise is their church. These are all bonds that get in the way of people finding God, but disappear just when you simply trust him and not try to know how it all works, which is my policy.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
ah Slayer, yes its a major distraction.. self defeating too

I think the best Christian view is to emphasise God's grace and to trust him, not make threats on his behalf, especially when sometimes they rest on one or two verses or human theology. Sometimes 'I don't know' is best.
I know I trust him, but I don't trust everything people say about him

It's actually quite a bold thing to open your mouth and say 'believe this' or God will reject you. I personally don't think I could say that. We can't know the mind of God.

On the other hand, it puts people like you off becoming Christians and well away from causing any trouble. So from a human point of view that wishes to restrict access to God it makes sense and very effective stumbling block it is. The Catholics try it with 'salvation only through the Catholic church' which surprise, surprise is their church. These are all bonds that get in the way of people finding God, but disappear just when you simply trust him and not try to know how it all works, which is my policy.

To be honest I trust no god at all, be it the Christian one or the more mild ''New Age'' one that is commonly accepted here. Both are totally flawed in their own ways. That is not to say all Christians are the same of course... I work in an Catholic abbey and am surrounded by monks on a daily base and none of them ever threatened me to convert or go to hell, neither do they believe in a hell or a devil to begin with. They are imo the perfect example to those fearmongering Christians who only create an account on various forums like this to endlessly harass non-Christians with their bullsh#t. Worst of all is that I used to be like that myself years ago, doing the same out of fear that a strict, moody, and vengeful deity watches my every move waiting for any opportunity to throw me in hell should I ever come short of his expectations.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Master

Well it's different to trust God and do what he thinks is good, which is just love, basically, and not to distort oneself, to set up rules for others and to be unloving. Unfortunately I've seen that a lot. You're fine as long as you come to the church, but the moment you don't, they don't want to know you. Or, if you have spiritual experiences you can't explain, that they say don't fit in the bible. Same thing. I could continue. But Jesus wouldn't judge you as "out" just because. When you didn't do anything. Same if you have kinda more intellectual higher consciousness. You are in many cases deemed out or isolated. (and with higher consciousness I mean deep thinker, aware etc) and a person like me gets incredibly bored by being limited that way, and sad too.