Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 25-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Medium_Laura

It was at a pawn shop with the original documentation. I was lucky to get it for around 1500.00. :) This was in the 1980s :P So that is UBER to me. lol It's only about 8" in diameter. It has 2 occlusions in it.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbr1111
when you say 'UBBER' are we talking hundreds, thousands, millions, etc ... :)

Depends on what size you're looking for... 1 3/4" diameter ones are around $75, that's kinda small for scrying for me. Good quality, like the one above are $245 for a 3.2" one. AAA quality 3+" ones would be near a thousand I'd guess.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
It was at a pawn shop with the original documentation. I was lucky to get it for around 1500.00. :) This was in the 1980s :P So that is UBER to me. lol It's only about 8" in diameter. It has 2 occlusions in it.

Sounds nice... I would've never thought to look at a pawn shop for a crystal ball.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:25 PM
njbr1111

wow, thanks ... I'll start with some basic crystals and see how much they help and go from there ... it was my spirit guides who suggested both crystals and a crystal ball ... The medium said that not many people can effectively work with crystal balls, but that I would be able to .... this make any sense as well ?
Old 25-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Ascender
Quote:
wow, thanks ... I'll start with some basic crystals and see how much they help and go from there ... it was my spirit guides who suggested both crystals and a crystal ball ... The medium said that not many people can effectively work with crystal balls, but that I would be able to .... this make any sense as well ?

Sure it makes sense. Crystals work with everyone in their own, unique way. That'd be cool if you find you can work with crystals balls. Oh, by the way, it's fine to work with crystal spheres with inclusions and imperfections. Whatever works for you is what matters.

The books on crystals are a pretty good starting point, but remember that it's YOU and YOUR energy the crystals are working with. So if a certain crystal sounds good in a book, but when you see it, you just don't care for it. That's OK. Go with what feels good and right for you. Even if it goes against the recommendation of a book.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:34 PM
njbr1111

Does size matter ? ie the bigger the crystal the more of an effect it would have ?
Old 25-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Medium_Laura

Size only matters.. well never mind.. you get the point LOL ...no.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Sounds nice... I would've never thought to look at a pawn shop for a crystal ball.

I call it synchronicity. I was there to buy a camera :P
Old 25-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:

You can always try the bowl and candle or a mirror with a candle behind it. Face the mirror up a bit so you can't see your face in it. Darken the room.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Ascender
If you're going to try gazing or scrying, you'll need whatever size sphere will work for you. You can probably imagine that scrying with a 1" sphere would be kinda hard. Laura's 8" monster would probably be very easy to work with, but you may not need on that big.

You can kinda test it by drawing a black circle of some diameter of on a plain, white sheet of paper. Then gaze into it. Then, on another sheet of paper, draw another circle of a different size and gaze into it. Test various sizes until you find the size you feel comfortable working with. That could be a good indicator of what size sphere would work for you.

With other crystals, I think you should just try various sizes for your different needs. Find what works for YOU.

Here's an example, wands come in a wide variety of sizes. You'll want one big enough to hold and "feel", but not so heavy that it tires your hand and arm.

Again, it comes down to what works for you.