Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 26-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Guide
Why does this happen?

I’ve been thinking about this law of attraction. It seems that like attracts like, so if you worry about not having any money, the universe thinks you want more of the same so you don’t attract better finances. That seems to be the general gist of it.

But, it doesn’t make sense to me. So you have someone who’s deeply worried about lack of finances, how they’re going to pay the bills, how they’re going to pay for the car repair, how they can provide meals for the next week etc. So all this worry and fretting results in the universe keeping you in that lack of money position.

How can the universe mistake/mis-judge that person’s thoughts as to thinking he doesn’t want any money?

Patrycia
Old 26-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Angel1

I would say it like this...what we focus on or give our attention
to most is what comes to us;
whether it be worrying or fearing or fretting or hating...
or expecting and anxiously waiting for with a smile, anticipating...
dreaming about with joy.

The System set up is impartial and impersonal.
So a criminal dreaming of the ocean goes on a vacation there.
A very generous, kind person walking in an unsafe area thinking about being robbed all the time gets mugged.

If someone is into asking their 'angel', their Creator for money (or
the Universe, per se, which to me that is like asking gravity for something, myself)...be sure to ask for
an amt and when ...because they could arrange for you to find a buck on the ground next week.

I find it better to be specific...because the Universe, angels, the subconscious mind has no judgment....
doesn't figure out 'what you really mean'.

You don't have to listen to me...but, what I ask for and expect...I do get.
I personally think people need to realize their inherent power within them...
we manifest everything, the good the bad and the ugly....already.
Catherine Ponder and Florence Scovel-Shinn books are perfect in explaining these things clearly, btw.
Wishing you the best with this...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Here: This from 1998 A-Hicks...

Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don’t want.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I’ve been thinking about this law of attraction. It seems that like attracts like, so if you worry about not having any money, the universe thinks you want more of the same so you don’t attract better finances. That seems to be the general gist of it.

But, it doesn’t make sense to me. So you have someone who’s deeply worried about lack of finances, how they’re going to pay the bills, how they’re going to pay for the car repair, how they can provide meals for the next week etc. So all this worry and fretting results in the universe keeping you in that lack of money position.

How can the universe mistake/mis-judge that person’s thoughts as to thinking he doesn’t want any money?

Patrycia

It depends on what you are referring to by "the universe". If by universe, you mean God, then do you think that God or the universe would really be that mean? Do you think that God/ universe isn't smart enough to figure out what you really mean? Do you think that God/ universe is into mind games and cares about precise wording or else?
Because I agree with you and that is how the LOA seems to portray it. I just don't think that is God or the universe. The universe works with us, it is on our side, whatever this mind game loving thing is that we have to watch our wording with, I don't think it's God or the universe. And that is where I see the problem when praying, or doing affirmations or whatever it is you do and you're asking for money. There is nothing wrong with asking for money or wanting better circumstances, but you have to watch who it is you're asking, because the god of the world is not The God, the all loving being that cares deeply about us as His/Her children.

Like attracts like isn't quite correct, it's more like 2 magnets attract, but there are other posters that can explain that better than I can. Now is the time to question everything and ask ourselves, does this make sense? If something doesn't make sense, than it's not right, doesn't matter who said it. Now is the time to stop blindly believing "authority" and learn to trust ourselves.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 27-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Here: This from 1998 A-Hicks...

Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don’t want.

I understand that worrying isn't good for you. But how can it create something you don't want. Who / what is it that's taking notes of your thoughts to create the something you don't want?
Old 27-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
It depends on what you are referring to by "the universe". If by universe, you mean God, then do you think that God or the universe would really be that mean? Do you think that God/ universe isn't smart enough to figure out what you really mean? Do you think that God/ universe is into mind games and cares about precise wording or else?
Because I agree with you and that is how the LOA seems to portray it. I just don't think that is God or the universe. The universe works with us, it is on our side, whatever this mind game loving thing is that we have to watch our wording with, I don't think it's God or the universe. And that is where I see the problem when praying, or doing affirmations or whatever it is you do and you're asking for money. There is nothing wrong with asking for money or wanting better circumstances, but you have to watch who it is you're asking, because the god of the world is not The God, the all loving being that cares deeply about us as His/Her children.

Like attracts like isn't quite correct, it's more like 2 magnets attract, but there are other posters that can explain that better than I can. Now is the time to question everything and ask ourselves, does this make sense? If something doesn't make sense, than it's not right, doesn't matter who said it. Now is the time to stop blindly believing "authority" and learn to trust ourselves.

Thanks, I have to confess I find the whole thing puzzling. I meant universe as a general term, so spirit, god, whatever you call it. But yes, it does feel to me as though spirit/universe isn't intelligent to know what it is you really want. Now I KNOW that can't be true - so there's something else going on. But what.......
Old 27-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Now I KNOW that can't be true - so there's something else going on. But what.......
It really does help to drop the notion of a "conscious being/mind, overseeing its creation." That's step #1 towards coming to a clearer understanding.

Spirit is energy and vibration that reacts to energy and vibration. Spirit awaits our input like the earth awaits the farmer to plant the seed. Or as Goethe wrote, only when the human being commits and acts, is providence then set in motion.
Old 27-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
It really does help to drop the notion of a "conscious being/mind, overseeing its creation." That's step #1 towards coming to a clearer understanding.

Spirit is energy and vibration that reacts to energy and vibration. Spirit awaits our input like the earth awaits the farmer to plant the seed. Or as Goethe wrote, only when the human being commits and acts, is providence then set in motion.

That makes a bit more sense. So if you planted a seed and left it to the elements it may not survive. But if you took care to plant in the sun, gave it plenty of compost, watered it, it would flourish? So taking that a step further, if you wanted more money, if you complained constantly of not having any, complained when you had to pay for something, moaned about high prices, that wouldn't attract more money. But if you were careful with the money you had, spent it wisely, were grateful for the money you did have - that would send out positive vibrations to the universe and that may result in more money? Is that how it works?
Old 27-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Newbie ;)

"Like attracts like" dynamics

In my view, the lesson to take away from "like attracts like" is to maintain a preponderance of optimistic, positive, resourceful self talk and visualizations. If you constantly see yourself as defeated by circumstances, your "vibratory rate" goes down, you feel discouraged, and in this negative state you lose access to your most powerful , creative resources. It is ok to acknowledge you have a problem (financial or otherwise). However, once you have defined the problem, when you catch yourself unproductively "sorrying" about it, substitute self talk something like "I have had this kind of problem before. I ended up handling it then, so I will find a way to do so now", or "I am as strong as I need to be". Visualize yourself feeling good about yourself when the puzzle comes together in a "ah ha!" moment, when your subconscious delivers the best solution to you. The subconscious understands communication in the form of repeated self talk and visualizations. When you give it a problem to solve via same in such a way as to remain resourceful and optimistic, it goes to work for you and also passes your request onto to Universal Mind (the ocean to which your personal subconcious is connected a tributary). Stdies show that a person who monitors self talk, and when it is negative, "talks back" with a less catastrophic, more realisticly optimistic statement, stays optimistic and creative in overcoming adversity. Watch your explanatory style. Instead of explaining you problem in a way that suggests you can't do anything about it, ever (I have always been bad with money so I will probably always be poor) substitute something like (I am going to have to learn to budget better while looking for opportunities to increase my income". The first dooms you to a life of failure/poverty, the second explanation keeps uou in control, shows there are things you can do for yourself. So, this getting too long, it is hard to explain things in a few words! To sum it up, "like attracts like" means to keep positive and optimistic through monitoring self talk and adopting an "optimistic" explanatory style concerning adversity. This optimism allows your inner resources (and universal mind) to work on your behalf instead of shutting down or sterring you toward more helplessness and despair. Sorry to be so long winded. Sincerely,
Dr. Shaw
Old 27-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
That makes a bit more sense. So if you planted a seed and left it to the elements it may not survive. But if you took care to plant in the sun, gave it plenty of compost, watered it, it would flourish? So taking that a step further, if you wanted more money, if you complained constantly of not having any, complained when you had to pay for something, moaned about high prices, that wouldn't attract more money. But if you were careful with the money you had, spent it wisely, were grateful for the money you did have - that would send out positive vibrations to the universe and that may result in more money? Is that how it works?
This is a very good commonsense analysis. It is the way the world seems to generally work, isn't it? We put in effort, and the outcome is proportional to the level of effort we put in.

I have found there are other aspects having to do with this magical LOA process which transcend the usual "accomplishment proportional to effort" model. Getting back to Goethe, he also stated: A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no individual could have dreamed would have come his/her way.

A key here is "unforeseen" and "never could have dreamed." Or, "You can't always get what you want." Or, "The ego knows what it desires and wants, whereas the soul knows what it requires and needs." If the consciousness is attuned to the lower self desire, the outcome may be something it doesn't perceive as successful and fulfilling. That's the starting point of that next-level dialogue: higher self attunement as it pertains to this LOA process.