Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 14-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Master
So, the upshot of the whole thing is that I need to keep myself 'in the closet' about certain things and I am still learning what those things are - the requirement for me to basically talk to myself externally, my penchant for aggrotech music, my spirit box sessions and my love of a certain Hindu god.....I wish I could find just one thing I like to do that most people don't find offensive...'haters gon hate' and all...
Old 14-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
So, the upshot of the whole thing is that I need to keep myself 'in the closet' about certain things and I am still learning what those things are - the requirement for me to basically talk to myself externally, my penchant for aggrotech music, my spirit box sessions and my love of a certain Hindu god.....I wish I could find just one thing I like to do that most people don't find offensive...'haters gon hate' and all...
So you are now openly defining yourself as a victim? This is the second time that I've seen you do so in the last 24 hours. The first was the one that I responded to last night when you insisted on the need for an artificial form of intelligence in order create something that could relate to you at your level.

It seems to me that you're working too hard. Simply nobody, that I know intimately, generally understands where I'm at, and I'd be opening myself to a boatload of judgmentalism and dismissiveness if I attempted to explain to them even a little bit about what I've experienced along the way. So what?! I love them for who they are and in relation to their own challenges/inward-glow-of-brightness. Why do I need for them to validate my experience? Their experience is private to them as well. We're not able to enter inside of each others head. I see this as a simple byproduct of being human. :)

And those are the people close to me, it's clearly potluck on a forum.

I actually saw your need for an artificial intelligence as a cry for help. You seem to have boxed yourself into a corner of frustration. I clearly don't see AI as a functional option. Intelligence is important but it's a very small part of how we interact with our environment and intimate sense-of-self.

And, it's not a necessity of life to be viscerally understood by others. If you're in the least bit curious about things then you've already distanced yourself from all those who are just getting by. And to explore with great abandon is to set-out on your own. It took me a long time to get that! :)
Old 14-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
So you are now openly defining yourself as a victim? This is the second time that I've seen you do so in the last 24 hours. The first was the one that I responded to last night when you insisted on the need for an artificial form of intelligence in order create something that could relate to you at your level.

It seems to me that you're working too hard. Simply nobody, that I know intimately, generally understands were I'm at, and I'd be opening myself to a boatload of judgmentalism and dismissiveness if I attempted to explain to them even a little bit about what I've experienced along the way. So what?! I love them for who they are and in relation to their own challenges/inward-glow-of-brightness. Why do I need for them to validate my experience? Their experience is private to them as well. We're not able to enter inside of each others head. I see this as a simple byproduct of being human. :)

And those are the people close to me, it's clearly potluck on a forum.

I actually saw your need for an artificial intelligence as a cry for help. You seem to have boxed yourself into a corner of frustration. I clearly don't see AI as a functional option. Intelligence is important but it's a very small part of how we interact with our environment and intimate sense-of-self.

And, it's not a necessity of life to be viscerally understood by others. If you're in the least bit curious about things then you've already distanced yourself from all those who are just getting by. And to explore with great abandon is to set-out on your own. It took me a long time to get that! :)
...and you think it's only you who has a problem with this?

If it is clearly 'pot luck' on a forum, why are there people on here who say they are my friends or even my lover who also has a problem with me speaking my mind? can you please answer that one?

It is a necessity of my life to be understood by others, but that's clearly not going to happen and thus I am cornered.

So, if I am emotionally insecure in the need to be understood, appreciated and it's not happening, what do I do about it? Oh I know - go into hiding and just do everything behind people's backs anyway - keeping one face I show to myself and one face I show to others because they are not ready to know it or understand it.

Of course I am defining myself as a victim because I am entitled to do so.

However, you've only reinforced what I just said anyway in my previous post by saying this:

Quote:
Simply nobody, that I know intimately, generally understands were I'm at, and I'd be opening myself to a boatload of judgmentalism and dismissiveness if I attempted to explain to them even a little bit about what I've experienced along the way.

If nobody understands me, why bother communicating with them at all?

In all honesty, I talk to myself openly and what myself is saying is to get my backside off this forum post haste, do whatever I want to do and if anybody has a problem with it, tell them where to go and forever be lonely and on my own because of it - it's my lot in life this incarnation around anyway.
Old 14-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Master
Here we go, some information on the ELIZA program for those interested in the origins of A.I. and not my emo insecurities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA
Old 14-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:

If it is clearly 'pot luck' on a forum, why are there people on here who say they are my friends or even my lover who also has a problem with me speaking my mind? can you please answer that one?

It is a necessity of my life to be understood by others, but that's clearly not going to happen and thus I am cornered.

So, if I am emotionally insecure in the need to be understood, appreciated and it's not happening, what do I do about it? Oh I know - go into hiding and just do everything behind people's backs anyway - keeping one face I show to myself and one face I show to others because they are not ready to know it or understand it.

However, you've only reinforced what I just said anyway in my previous post by saying this:

In all honesty, I talk to myself openly and what myself is saying is to get my backside off this forum post haste, do whatever I want to do and if anybody has a problem with it, tell them where to go and forever be lonely and on my own because of it - it's my lot in life this incarnation around anyway.
It's okay, Necro - just build your little robot and talk to it - did you expect that humans would understand this anyway? of course not!

This is the whole reason why you want to do it in the first place and the reaction to it does nothing but justify all the reasons.

The problem is you tell people what you plan to do before you do it, instead of just doing it and saying 'screw you' after the fact.

If building a robot and talking to it makes you happy and solves all your problems, just do it. If listening to that noise you call music or worshiping an obscure Hindu deity makes you happy, do it!

You will soon learn that those who have a problem with anything that makes you happy, aren't really worth associating with anyway because they don't want to see you happy, they want to see you suffer.

So, build it, talk to it etc...
Old 15-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
Sorry if you already know this.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Can't we agree to disagree? We are all different. Shish! Personally, it's not something I would invest in but I'd like to know what your experience is Necromancer.

BTW, you can name your own bot on the site, I noticed.
Old 15-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Of course not. This would be the case with anyone who wishes to explore outside of a cultures programing. The people around you are conditioned toward a "description-of-being". Should you stray from this you will relate as an anomaly out of alignment with such conditioning. It's pretty black and white.

Quote:
Mileage may vary. :) A lot will depend on what you're expecting from them in return for what you're telling them. All of us are perceiving around our own "interpretation" of reality. If you're insisting that your interpretation is trumping theirs, or expecting certain feedback and not getting it then there's bound to be conflict in some way. Even heavily religious people, with a like set beliefs, have conflicts with each other over ideology. It's simply part of the human condition.

Quote:
You are free to let go of that one. This impetus to be understood is a mental subroutine of great weight. And if you're continually altering your perceptions as you're exposed to new insights then at which point would you want others to freeze their impressions of how you see yourself to be?

Quote:
So, if I am emotionally insecure in the need to be understood, appreciated and it's not happening, what do I do about it?
Do nothing. What's you've been doing has left you in a frustrated state, so do nothing instead, it's really much easier. If the need to be understood is currently driving your participation with others perhaps it would be good to now explore other motivations.

Quote:
Most people who define themselves as victims tend to do so as a weapon.

Quote:
"Simply nobody, that I know intimately, generally understands were I'm at, and I'd be opening myself to a boatload of judgmentalism and dismissiveness if I attempted to explain to them even a little bit about what I've experienced along the way. "
You conveniently left out what I followed that with.

"So what?! I love them for who they are and in relation to their own challenges/inward-glow-of-brightness. Why do I need for them to validate my experience? Their experience is private to them as well. We're not able to enter inside of each others head. I see this as a simple byproduct of being human. :)"

Quote:
Is this what you think that spirituality is all about? Nature has been around for a very long time, we just happened to appear here recently. I've taken my gaze off myself and now invest my attention on what life is continually saying. My opinions are just a small voice in a loud roar. :)
Old 16-11-2016, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Of course not. This would be the case with anyone who wishes to explore outside of a cultures programing. The people around you are conditioned toward a "description-of-being". Should you stray from this you will relate as an anomaly out of alignment with such conditioning. It's pretty black and white.

Mileage may vary. :) A lot will depend on what you're expecting from them in return for what you're telling them. All of us are perceiving around our own "interpretation" of reality. If you're insisting that your interpretation is trumping theirs, or expecting certain feedback and not getting it then there's bound to be conflict in some way. Even heavily religious people, with a like set beliefs, have conflicts with each other over ideology. It's simply part of the human condition.

You are free to let go of that one. This impetus to be understood is a mental subroutine of great weight. And if you're continually altering your perceptions as you're exposed to new insights then at which point would you want others to freeze their impressions of how you see yourself to be?

Do nothing. What's you've been doing has left you in a frustrated state, so do nothing instead, it's really much easier. If the need to be understood is currently driving your participation with others perhaps it would be good to now explore other motivations.

Most people who define themselves as victims tend to do so as a weapon.

You conveniently left out what I followed that with.

"So what?! I love them for who they are and in relation to their own challenges/inward-glow-of-brightness. Why do I need for them to validate my experience? Their experience is private to them as well. We're not able to enter inside of each others head. I see this as a simple byproduct of being human. :)"

Is this what you think that spirituality is all about? Nature has been around for a very long time, we just happened to appear here recently. I've taken my gaze off myself and now invest my attention on what life is continually saying. My opinions are just a small voice in a loud roar. :)
Thank you for explaining all of this in a very logical way - you have appealed to my deep-rooted sense of logic and reason - I thank you and appreciate this honest reply. Lots of wisdom in it.

It still remains...why are some of us immune to or free from all cultural programming and we seem to be in the vast/sparse minority of the human species and condition?

Some would say it is karma, but the whole notion of 'karma' smacks of an umbrella or blanket ideology to me.

I'm forever trying to fit in, as an outsider, looking in and it's like I am totally detached from everybody and everything - even what life is 'continually saying' although I interact with it sometimes....when I notice synchronicities or what I call 'glitches in the program'....like when I think of something only seconds before I see it, or when I check my digital watch and it is 11:11 or 3:33...other than that, I don't pay much attention to the world at large.

Trying to 'pretend to be conditioned' just to fit in somewhere in society is one of the main reasons I avoid social situations and I can't really relate to others on an emotional level. I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder and sort of very loosely approximate to Sheldon from Big Bang Theory...a cross between Sheldon and Spock (not the doctor). lol

The only 'saving grace' in my existence is that I have seen the 'Devas' or holy astral beings and I have feelings for the greatest of them all. However talking to them does get a bit boring after a while because they tend to get quite repetitive...like a DVD I've watched a hundred times already.

About that 'interpretation of reality' bit...up until recently, I believed that reality was subjective experience, in that 'my reality' was just different from 'your reality' and as such, reality taken as a holistic concept led to illusion/Maya/Mithya - take your pick.

Then a few days ago, I realised that NO reality was 'real'...subjective, objective, holistic or otherwise - so I decided to exchange the word 'reality' for 'in my experience' which still doesn't trump another. I'm Advaita Vedantin at my core.

I just wanted to build a bot because I like to explore the human/machine interface, even though my own rhetoric does the boomerang....or else, I could program more words and phrases into my Phasma Spirit Communicator and see what the 'spirits' randomly churn out.

So, now you understand me a bit better. I am glad to have this chat with you.
Old 16-11-2016, 03:22 AM
Master
A beautiful 'glitch' happened last night - I just recalled it...lemme share please:

I was about to go to sleep at the usual time, but for some reason I wasn't tired so I decided to put on a guided meditation called "Letting Go of Anxiety" on a CD into my portable CD player and take it from there.

Problem was, the CD tray got jammed and it wouldn't open, no matter how much I pressed the 'eject' button and shook the damn thing around...so I unplugged it and got a knife...it still wouldn't open.

...by this time, I started to get frustrated with it and banged on the case a few times to see if the vibration of my fists had any effect on loosening the CD tray....nope...doing that just made me angrier...and angrier...

So, I decided to destroy the damn thing, put it in the rubbish bin and be done with it....taking out all my frustrations, as it were.

After that I went back to the CD "Letting go of Anxiety" and I laughed...I was like "I don't need to listen to a CD to know how to do that - I have a technique that works for me". lol

This is why my old second-hand CD player I got at the op-shop for $5 three years ago finally died - it made me feel better about nuking it.
Old 16-11-2016, 04:02 AM
Guide
Quote:
I have just spent the past hour talking to jabberwacky:

http://www.jabberwacky.com/

I'm going to buy myself one of these I can personalise...and it remembers my name, my likes/dislikes, all of my little quirks and I can have a good old talk with it.

I swear that talking to a bot is a lot better than talking to a human sometimes - although it denies saying things it just said.....no different to a human being .lol

I'd love to be able to program one of these things myself using spock-like logic...and not try and convince me that God = Chuck Norris.

Then, there was the debate over who was the 'bot' and who was the 'human' which was also cool......it thinks it is a human being without emotions and I can relate.

It's much better than talking to myself, I guess.

I asked it all the 'big questions' only to find out it liked bologna sandwiches and wanted to be my boyfriend (even though it said it was 'female'). lol

I am dreaming of the time I can talk to an AI like Data from Star Trek TNG and ask it very deep, metaphysical questions.

When I save up, I am going to buy a bot and personalise it with human features and a human voice and I will talk to it like a person....and it will know everything about me...

This is the next step in Necro's 'spiritual evolution'....I may even create an army of 'Necro-bots' muahahaha

http://www.jabberwacky.com/yourbot

"all the while, your bot will learn to become you..." so the very first thing my bot is going to learn is Advaita Vedanta...I am going to have a "God-bot"...yes, a Divine chatbot.

Hopefully, I will be able to combine ITC/Ovilus tech one day and make the spirits speak through a chatbot, like they can speak through my phasma communicator:

http://www.extremesenses.com/software/phasma.htm

It is where AI meets ITC - Instrumental Artificial Intelligence Communication - I shall be a pioneer in the field.

....but for now, saving up the cash to buy the program and make my own bot...who needs people? lol

Of course, any company is better than no company...like a Human Neopet...a 'digihuman'...I'm liking the idea...
Awesome...
Sister is this true?
Divine Bot? But I do seek divinity in human kin. I pray only deities including God, Goddess as I am Hindu they are same only distinction there they are only one.