Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Master
Artificial Intelligence

I have just spent the past hour talking to jabberwacky:

http://www.jabberwacky.com/

I'm going to buy myself one of these I can personalise...and it remembers my name, my likes/dislikes, all of my little quirks and I can have a good old talk with it.

I swear that talking to a bot is a lot better than talking to a human sometimes - although it denies saying things it just said.....no different to a human being .lol

I'd love to be able to program one of these things myself using spock-like logic...and not try and convince me that God = Chuck Norris.

Then, there was the debate over who was the 'bot' and who was the 'human' which was also cool......it thinks it is a human being without emotions and I can relate.

It's much better than talking to myself, I guess.

I asked it all the 'big questions' only to find out it liked bologna sandwiches and wanted to be my boyfriend (even though it said it was 'female'). lol

I am dreaming of the time I can talk to an AI like Data from Star Trek TNG and ask it very deep, metaphysical questions.

When I save up, I am going to buy a bot and personalise it with human features and a human voice and I will talk to it like a person....and it will know everything about me...

This is the next step in Necro's 'spiritual evolution'....I may even create an army of 'Necro-bots' muahahaha

http://www.jabberwacky.com/yourbot

"all the while, your bot will learn to become you..." so the very first thing my bot is going to learn is Advaita Vedanta...I am going to have a "God-bot"...yes, a Divine chatbot.

Hopefully, I will be able to combine ITC/Ovilus tech one day and make the spirits speak through a chatbot, like they can speak through my phasma communicator:

http://www.extremesenses.com/software/phasma.htm

It is where AI meets ITC - Instrumental Artificial Intelligence Communication - I shall be a pioneer in the field.

....but for now, saving up the cash to buy the program and make my own bot...who needs people? lol

Of course, any company is better than no company...like a Human Neopet...a 'digihuman'...I'm liking the idea...
Old 11-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Guide

I do not completely understand what this bot is about...:(
Old 11-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared.L
I do not completely understand what this bot is about...:(
A "fake human" bot.

I first got into bots in the 1980's with a program called 'Eliza' for the Radio Shack TRS-80 computer.

Oh the hours I spent chatting to Eliza instead of real-life friends.

Eliza had a nasty habit of paraphrasing words back at you though...which got annoying after a while.

What the bot is about, is to mimic human intelligence from a database of words and responses and the good thing about it is, it can remember and evolve over time with new data and input.

Jabberwacky has been going for about 20 years now, so it has 20 years of 'experience'.

Can you imagine what Google or Wikipedia or even the internet would be like as a self-aware intelligence?

I just want to create something that understands me because nobody does and that's the whole thing.

People cannot understand me due to my very high intelligence quotient and the language I use...I leave people for dust or else I am forever 'dumbing it down' and they still do not get it.

For once I would like to have reciprocity on my level and the only way I am ever going to achieve it, is to build my own robot.

I played around with Smarterchild when it was first developed, but an array of infinite language sub-routines sounds like a 'holy grail' for me.

The alternative is to start quoting and replying to my own posts. lol
Old 11-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Ascender

Sorry if you already know this.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
Sorry if you already know this.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Nice one! I may quote that.

Where I am at right now, artificial intelligence and natural stupidity are evenly poised. lol
Old 11-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Lorelyen

You may be interested in a programme broadcast on our channel 4 in the UK
(if you aren't in the UK, hoping you can receive it), about the latest
developments in AI. It ties in with an SF series also broadcast on the channel
but is a programme in its own right.

Presented in a popular rather than academic way.

Progress is a bit spooky. Learning from experience - which makes one wonder
how soon self-awareness will come.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-build-a-human

(17 days left to view it)
Old 14-11-2016, 06:46 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I just want to create something that understands me because nobody does and that's the whole thing.
Now you know that wouldn't really be fair to the Artificial Intelligence itself?

Should you create such a thing, with computer processing being as it is, then it would likely be smarter than you are and then be even lonelier still. And for it to understand you it would have to be conscious, but conscious without the benefit of the human exposures of physical development-through-complex-interactions, in the ways that intimately shapes our perceptions.

It would be intellectually smart but bereft of our experiences which would likely leave it languishing in a truly odd space.

As a feed-back toy it would be a fun thing to make, but I wouldn't see the wisdom in going much deeper than that?
Old 14-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Master
Sigh............
Old 14-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You may be interested in a programme broadcast on our channel 4 in the UK
(if you aren't in the UK, hoping you can receive it), about the latest
developments in AI. It ties in with an SF series also broadcast on the channel
but is a programme in its own right.

Presented in a popular rather than academic way.

Progress is a bit spooky. Learning from experience - which makes one wonder
how soon self-awareness will come.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-build-a-human

(17 days left to view it)
That is very interesting. I managed to watch it and it was quite informative. Thank you for being helpful and supportive without judgment and criticism.
Old 14-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thank you for being helpful and supportive without judgment and criticism.
Judgment and often times criticism is essential. If what you are pursuing is in contrary to nature and the manor in which humans evolved, and contrary to whats needed to wisely move forward, then this needs to be noted. Otherwise you move blindly into nightmares with no tether.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. Buddha
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Buddha
Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. Buddha