Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 24-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Badcopyinc

Wanted to share this wise quote about love

The capacity to be alone is the capacity to love.

The capacity to be alone is the capacity to love. It may look paradoxical to you,but it is not. It is an existential truth

Only those people who are capable of being alone are capable of love, of sharing, of going into the deepest core of another person - without possessing the other, without becoming dependent on the other, without reducing the other to a thing, and without becoming addicted to the other.

They allow the other absolute freedom, because they know that if the other leaves, they will be as happy as they are now. Their happiness cannot be taken by the other, because it is not given by the other.
~Osho

This is the embodiment of why i feel its so important to love yourself. when another loves you and makes you feel good. You're choose to react to it and feel good because of their actions. But if you break it down its still an emotion caused by how you perceived the other. so in essence the "love" you think is coming from another is really a result of your own perception.
Old 25-05-2017, 12:50 AM
Deactivated Account

This is a very prominent/notable quote. I do have to say as a side note however, its not the easiest quote to digest if you have not done the inner work or self development that is needed to achieve this level of awareness. I remember reading this same quote a few years ago pre divorce and during the height of a spiritual awakening, and I couldn't identify with the quote at all because I had a lot of emotional blockages and conditioned patterns I needed to learn to dismantle including co dependency patterns; all not uncommon with couples in long term relationships. The way I see it, I think we are all on different learning curves, and at different levels of awareness,however, I trust if we do the inner work, this idea Osho expressed is very much achievable, this includes allowing ourselves to feel deep emotional wounds, including the not so happy ugly emotions so we can transmute them..

Personally, I like the sassy version by Abraham Hicks ( cant help it she rocks with our woman audiences)

Tell everyone you know: “My happiness depends on me, so you’re off the hook.” And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they’re doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel — and then, you’ll love them all.(Abraham/Hicks)

Yes, I know she is no Osho ;D Just adding additional positive content to the thread topic.

Last edited by Clover : 25-05-2017 at 03:19 AM.
Old 31-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Tell everyone you know: “My happiness depends on me, so you’re off the hook.” And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they’re doing.
Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel — and then, you’ll love them all.(Abraham/Hicks)

Read this quote when i first made this post and loved it. but reading now, it almost if you knew this would resonate more now then the day you posted.

Very wise person you are Clover!

Came to add this...

To complain is always nonacceptance of what is.
It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge.
When you complain, you make yourself into a victim.
When you speak out, you are in your power.
So change the situation by taking action or by speaking out if necessary or possible;
leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness.

Eckhart Tolle
Old 25-05-2017, 03:48 AM
Badcopyinc

Thank you I've never read that before! And I appreciate your view I wasn't even thinking about it like that. But I completely agree. I was just blown away because I've been saying this same thing to others for a while now just not as nicely and quick. I'm definitely going to start reading Abraham.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I'm definitely going to start reading Abraham.
Read Abraham with the understanding that they are likely drawing from modern science! I don't believe for a moment that their information is channeled! I've been reading a great deal in regards to recent findings, via the neural sciences of late, and have been paying close attention to the 'dates' of each publication. When I studied Abraham for a couple of weeks (videos and books) I was noticing that the "channeled" information seemed to actively mirror the most latest scientific studies, as the information was being uncovered. It loudly appeared to me that they were using science as a method for simulating other worldly content. I drew numerous outer conclusions about the business they are running, few of which are complimentary in regards to their assertions. I like that they are helping to broadcast some of the scientific realizations that are important to know, only, you can get the same information (in more concise and more naturally derived) if you invest time with the more terrestrial version of essentially the "same" information!

As to being alone you have no other option. When we think we're connecting with another we are stuck with the process of only projecting our own perceptions. You are alone, there is no other way of experiencing our current physical situation with any clarity. People may be similar in terms of believing similar things, or expecting results that are similar to our own, but there is no way you'll ever experience their lives the way they do.. nor would they be able to blend seamlessly with your own.

While physical, we are isolated to our own personal experience. We may 'align' with another, but never enter into anothers mindset as-a-parallel-experience.
Old 17-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Experiencer

It sounds like the quote is saying that you shouldn't enjoy other people's company because you are complete on your own.

We are social creatures, we enjoy spending time with other people and that's okay. We also need other people every now and then also, and that's okay too.
Old 17-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Deactivated Account

@Badcopyink, Sorry I missed your quote there and thank you, I was in a co dependent marriage for ten years, I think I learned a thing or two. I am still a work in progress.
Eric Tolle, like Abraham always has good pedigree doesn't he? Changing the thought, momentum in 'positive' vibration, almost all the same ...Vid link. Although, Tolle does a great job getting in depth with deeper topics like the conditioned mind

@Tuesday, it seems that way. I mentioned earlier, it really is not the easiest quote to digest, especially if one has not done the 'inner work' (and that varies from person to person, we are all at different levels of awareness). The quote is aimed at self love. I am a very social person and I love my family very much (extended family) but my emotions are not dependent on them, I am my own sovereign individual, on my own individual soul path. Self accountability is all as many of us are taught from a very young age of seeking something external to 'save' or make us 'happy'.

@Organic Born, totally agree. I always found Abraham speeches influenced by Eastern philosophies, Tolle or scientist like Tesla. They all ring the same almost. For me personally, whether her message is channeled or not, it doesn't really matter.. I can appreciate a positive uplifting message aimed to work with a persons self development, accelerating a person forwards . I am not a die hard fan to go further into her study, but I do love her quotes a great deal. Nice catchy feel good one liner quotes, haha
Old 18-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
It sounds like the quote is saying that you shouldn't enjoy other people's company because you are complete on your own.

We are social creatures, we enjoy spending time with other people and that's okay. We also need other people every now and then also, and that's okay too.

Its tone reminds me of endless mirrors all looking into each other - into infinity.

The quote to me is the same as thinking about "thinking".

I comprehend what is being said but I'd wonder if the writer has actually felt love.

Love is not about owning, its about respect first & foremost. Its like the writer has observed teenagers in love instead of looking at an old married couple who are happy.

UPDATE: I just looked him up .. a sex guru .. so yeah liked orgies.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Its tone reminds me of endless mirrors all looking into each other - into infinity.

The quote to me is the same as thinking about "thinking".

I comprehend what is being said but I'd wonder if the writer has actually felt love.

Love is not about owning, its about respect first & foremost. Its like the writer has observed teenagers in love instead of looking at an old married couple who are happy.

Osho wouldn't have written that without experiencing true love of self.
Break down what respect is. Not the definition, what the action is..

When you truly love you. And break down all illusions of your mind on the way you will see all as yourself and when you fully love yourself, you fully love everyone else and everything else the same. is this not respecting all constantly?

And maybe osho found his truth by observing an old couple who didn't require approval from their significant, who didn't require respect. how can you require or need anything if it's already being given?
Old 18-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
Osho wouldn't have written that without experiencing true love of self. And maybe osho found his truth by ..

Maybe .. unlikely though .. if it were an old married couple they would have had trust, security & complete history together.

Self "could" be interpreted as selfish.

If you believe that everything that you do is correct, wise, moral, logical etc then how can you ever be wrong?

In a relationship you have to compromise, how can two people compromise if they both believe that they are absolutely correct - but have a different idea?

These are the classic tactics of someone wanting as much booty as possible - "free love is about respecting our individuality" - yup you can do that & not partner swap.

I'm not judging - do that if you so choose but don't usurp the word love.

Just an opinion.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain