Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 20-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Was this supposed to be a sign?

I'm not sure if it was a mere coincidence or something meaningful, as my sceptical side constantly clashes with my superstitious side.

So to move on, yesterday evening I was out to the pub alone after the people I was on good terms with left. I was on some table watching boringly how people were dancing to some music that wasn't my taste when all of a sudden the DJ randomly plays a song (Token of Time) from my favorite band Ensiferum as if it was dedicated to me while he doesn't know me, and suddenly most people stopped dancing while I seemed to be the only one amused. But what surprised me, the song the DJ picked was not one of their common overhyped songs about Norse gods, viking battles, and tough stuff like that, but a more underrated song with an inspiring and uplifting kind of message that I wasn't even aware of until I looked it up at home later. Especially some parts of the lyrics seemed to perfectly apply to me, such as:

I set sails for the ageless winds
No fear of dying or a thought of surrender
I threaten every barrier on my way
I am bound forever with token of time
Among the humble people
Everything is torn apart
But I'm blessed with faith
And bravely I shall go on

Because I constantly have tons of obstacles harassing me, a fear of death, and a sense of doom and hopelessness. It almost seems too good to be just a mere coincidence, but I have no idea since I'm not an expert in this kind of thing. Maybe it was really a sign, or maybe not and I'm just mentally living in some pathetic fantasy story. On the other hand, if it was a sign then who/what could be the puppet master behind it? I'll leave it at that so what do you guys think about it?
Old 20-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Newbie ;)

I dont know about signs. It's so easy to get carried away with them and take everything as one. I'm very sceptic about the subject and experiences in my own life. But there are genuine signs. Maybe what you experienced was a sign, of what that you only know or can guess. Or lovely synchronicity of that you are where you are supposed to be at this given moment of time.

What I would like to think is that it was a token, a reminder of who you are and who you could be. Where you are and where you could travel. We all have our own path and we see things in our own way. If that short moment managed to wake something in you or your essence even momentarily, it is a gift of being and living in the present. That alone is worth alot. We forget too often that magic happens in the moment.

Besides pathetic fantasy stories can be very enlightening when looked from the right angle.
Old 20-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Master
I am not sure whether it is a sign or not, perhaps that is left for you to decide?

Whether it is a sign from the universe and or some higher power or not, I maintain as Skogsdotter just said, that irregardless perhaps it is indeed one of those sincerely wonderful moments in life that come to us from time to time.

I think it is really nice to be at one of the places comfortable to you that you frequent and to hear them playing a favorite song/band of yours.

I've been in bars before. They don't really play the type of music I enjoy around here in the bars. In my old town there was one bar that played a band I like and it of course was one of the more popular bands I like, and despite that only one bar had anything of it on the juke box.

I've also tried requesting songs to the dj. My answer is always the same- I don't have any of that, sorry.

My suggestion would be to merely take it as a good experience that meant something to you at the time, even if was only- Ah cool they're playing a great song right now.

I know if I were at a local bar around here and they played one of the least heard about or popularized songs I enjoy, I'd have no choice but to consider there being a thing to this sign/ synchronicity business.

That simply just doesn't happen around here.

Blessings Slayer.
Old 25-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogsdotter
I dont know about signs. It's so easy to get carried away with them and take everything as one. I'm very sceptic about the subject and experiences in my own life. But there are genuine signs. Maybe what you experienced was a sign, of what that you only know or can guess. Or lovely synchronicity of that you are where you are supposed to be at this given moment of time.

What I would like to think is that it was a token, a reminder of who you are and who you could be. Where you are and where you could travel. We all have our own path and we see things in our own way. If that short moment managed to wake something in you or your essence even momentarily, it is a gift of being and living in the present. That alone is worth alot. We forget too often that magic happens in the moment.

Besides pathetic fantasy stories can be very enlightening when looked from the right angle.

I rarely consider anything a sign but this case really stands out because it happened at a very important moment and it really felt like as if something was trying to tell me something. That day was not just a simple day, but more of a step closer to something I am trying to achieve, so that would be the perfect moment for a sign from whatever is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I am not sure whether it is a sign or not, perhaps that is left for you to decide?

Whether it is a sign from the universe and or some higher power or not, I maintain as Skogsdotter just said, that irregardless perhaps it is indeed one of those sincerely wonderful moments in life that come to us from time to time.

I think it is really nice to be at one of the places comfortable to you that you frequent and to hear them playing a favorite song/band of yours.

I've been in bars before. They don't really play the type of music I enjoy around here in the bars. In my old town there was one bar that played a band I like and it of course was one of the more popular bands I like, and despite that only one bar had anything of it on the juke box.

I've also tried requesting songs to the dj. My answer is always the same- I don't have any of that, sorry.

My suggestion would be to merely take it as a good experience that meant something to you at the time, even if was only- Ah cool they're playing a great song right now.

I know if I were at a local bar around here and they played one of the least heard about or popularized songs I enjoy, I'd have no choice but to consider there being a thing to this sign/ synchronicity business.

That simply just doesn't happen around here.

Blessings Slayer.

Hey there, good to see you again. You are most likely right though... I came to realise it was pointless to ask for opinions here because I am supposed to listen to my own gut feeling and not let others decide for me whatever it could have been. In the end only I am able to find out the truth by myself.

About that bar, it's not a common type of bar like the ones you spoke of but more of an alternative bar for anything related to rock and metal. So it's not too big of a surprise for me to hear a song from my favorite band there. But the thing is it was a theme evening and they were playing music that wasn't my cup of tea and the DJ had to do that to keep the type of folks around there happy. So it really felt like that song was dedicated solely to me alone because everyone stopped dancing as soon it started playing, and not to mention the lyrics that were really fitting like a glove. I don't believe the DJ knows me and he played it for me intentionally, but perhaps unseen forces may've been pulling the strings that moment without anyone but me being aware of.