Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Knower

Since almost nobody understood my question in the way it was intended – what perhaps was my own fault – I stated another thread with a reformulated version:

Are we all One?
Old 22-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
I believe that every human being draws his conscious experience from an individual soul that can exist independently from the souls of other human and non-human beings. (I use the word “soul” to denote the energetic structure that generates my conscious experience.)

By contrast, many believe that we, as conscious beings, arise from a universal entity they call god, source, universal soul, or divine will. This belief is based on the idea that all our conscious experiences arise from one unitary source. It is based on the idea that not every human being has his or her own soul (soul=thing that creates consciousness) but that we all share one common soul. It implies that my conscious experience is generated by the same energetic system than your conscious experience.

Is there any proof or reason to believe that all conscious experience is, in fact, created by only one unitary soul (=energetic structure that creates conscious experience)? And why shouldn’t it be possible that there exist many sources (that generate conscious experiences) independently and parallel?

From a scientific standpoint there is no proof that we are created from one unitary soul. From a spiritual standpoint i think many of us disagree with each other on this question. I cannot do other then make a claim as an answer because i just cannot prove this. But i see everyone of us as having a unique individual soul. All individual souls is connected to a universal soul. I believe this universal soul aka God is a unique distinct personal being while at the same time is fully impersonal. We are all droplets of this ocean of consciousness. So each individual drop is a small unit of consciousness among perhaps an infinite number of other units of consciousnesses. All these drops are connected to the larger ocean. Call it God, Source, Divine will, you name it. But this is basically how i view it. We are all searchers here. Our interaction with others, things in our surroundings, information, personal experiences etc. gives us our beliefs. I think if more scientists was willing to research the paranormal then new interesting things would happen. But most scientists focus on things in this world.

Edit: I realised that i never in my previous posts could give a good definition of how there is only one consciousness. I don't feel qualified to speak about the oneness of consciousness. I do believe in the interconnectedness of everything however (that also feels hard to explain really). I've experienced it but describing my experience of interconnectedness doesn't look very impressive i feel. If i'm honest with myself i don't have any sincere reason to believe that consciousness is one. So yeah consciousness might be many different ones. But still i do believe that there is a consciousness that every conscious being connects too. I can feel the connection to God. Interconnectedness is another thing that i can just feel sometimes. It just rings true emotionally. But its hard to describe emotions in words sometimes. They are operating on two different levels.

Love threads like this by the way, that challenge what you think you know.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Knower

Sat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
I believe that every human being draws his conscious experience from an individual soul that can exist independently from the souls of other human and non-human beings. (I use the word “soul” to denote the energetic structure that generates my conscious experience.)

By contrast, many believe that we, as conscious beings, arise from a universal entity they call god, source, universal soul, or divine will. This belief is based on the idea that all our conscious experiences arise from one unitary source. It is based on the idea that not every human being has his or her own soul (soul=thing that creates consciousness) but that we all share one common soul. It implies that my conscious experience is generated by the same energetic system than your conscious experience.

Is there any proof or reason to believe that all conscious experience is, in fact, created by only one unitary soul (=energetic structure that creates conscious experience)? And why shouldn’t it be possible that there exist many sources (that generate conscious experiences) independently and parallel?

God is Truth

We are Truth. Therefore we are One.

It’s Beyond Logic. You have to meditate, go within, be a good soul, experience it.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth307
God is Truth

We are Truth. Therefore we are One.

It’s Beyond Logic. You have to meditate, go within, be a good soul, experience it.
Sounds like Boolean Algebra in which 1+1+1=1.
I learned that back in 5th and 6th grade.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Knower

Scientists are trying to create robots similar to humans in terms of consciousness and emotions, and some claim they did it already, such as being hard to distinguish between the 2.

This would act as a material proof that we are just our brains and not spirit and this also sort of doubts God's creation (Universal creation) as humans are playing God's role now
Old 07-09-2019, 11:33 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Scientists are trying to create robots similar to humans in terms of consciousness and emotions, and some claim they did it already, such as being hard to distinguish between the 2.

This would act as a material proof that we are just our brains and not spirit and this also sort of doubts God's creation (Universal creation) as humans are playing God's role now
"This would act as a material proof that we are just our brains and not spirit"

How would this prove that?
Old 07-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
"This would act as a material proof that we are just our brains and not spirit"

How would this prove that?
Science is approaching the point that makes Sci-Fi reality and taking God's place making him/her/it existence doubtful. How? AI Robots that are undistinguishible from humans in appearence but far greater mentally being self conscious and aware of their feelings and emotions. Elon Musk Neuralink Project that creates brain computer interface as well as many other things such as Human-Ape Interbreed. Science comes with hard proof while spirit doesen't have any proof just wishful thinking fairy tales.

Well if we create robots that can't be distinguished from humans and that are self conscious and packed with emotions and feelings just like humans isn't that proof that we are just our brains? Since we reproduced our brains and assigned them to robots? This would mean that we are just our brains. On top of that there is proof that we are our brains due to disease like Alzheimer, do you expect a person that had Alzheimer to remember everything after he or she died? If someone gets knocked out in a bar fight, he or she will get unconscious and unaware going into a blank period. Even more, most people can't remember how it was before being born, so they assume that it would be the same after death such as void. If they do experience something it can be blamed on the brain being anoxic (lack of oxygen) and trying to survive thus hallucinating. (speaking about spiritual experiences like NDE, OBE, Mediumship)

We live in this material world, where spirit is something imaginary such as Santa Claus and his raindeer, or as the Fairy Tinkerbell . In fact there is no accepted proof of what spirit is. Isn't that proof that we are just our brains? Most would say that spirit(or soul) are invented by ancient people that couldn't explain phenomena and thus the soul was created due to people being scared of death, Gods were invented as the weather couldn't be explained and mythological creatures were invented (unicorn as they saw horses, Dragons as they saw lizards, and krakens as they saw octopus.)Do bacterias have souls as well? .

The easiest explanation would be that there is no God, the Universe was created by chance approx 14.8 billion years ago due to Big Bang, and that everything is material. Earth life emerged in the marine environment firstly as bacteria then into fish, moved into earthly life due to reptiles and finally air due to birds. Human life emerged from common ancestor with apes and here we are today because of Evolution, everything else just wishful thinking fairy tales
Old 07-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Master

Has anyone actually reproduced a brain and transferred it to a robot?

Are there any robots out there which are self-conscious and have genuine emotions?

This seems to be the stuff of science fiction fairy tales.

The materialist dismisses all explanations involving non-material dimensions, the spiritual approach dismisses all explanations which try to reduce everything to a materialist universe. This discussion seems to be going round in circles.

Peace
Old 07-09-2019, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Has anyone actually reproduced a brain and transferred it to a robot?

Are there any robots out there which are self-conscious and have genuine emotions?

This seems to be the stuff of science fiction fairy tales.

The materialist dismisses all explanations involving non-material dimensions, the spiritual approach dismisses all explanations which try to reduce everything to a materialist universe. This discussion seems to be going round in circles.

Peace
How many of our body parts can be replaced due to science?
Will some of us end up with implants, prosthetics, etc.?

Not too long ago, such ideas were science fiction.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
How many of our body parts can be replaced due to science?
Will some of us end up with implants, prosthetics, etc.?

Not too long ago, such ideas were science fiction.

You are talking about replacing physical components in human beings, which obviously can be done. These can either be transplanted from other human bodies or completely artificial constructions.

The questions raised were about transferring emotions or self-consciousness to non-living beings. This seems to be completely different.

Peace