Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 21-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Master

Block my Unintended Telepathy?

I have a fear of telepathy, because, partly, of an experience where I telepathically connected with another person, and it had a few consequences that I didn't intend. I now kind of regret this connection, because I fear that I might have somehow harmed them. I know this was real, because they confronted me with it. We were some kind of soul mates, it seems.

I am not very mindful, lets just say. I try, but ADHD, my mind wanders everywhere. I want to do more to control where it goes. Until then, I fear that I might have telepathic connections with others that aren't to either of our benefit, or harmful even. I'll try being more consciously intent, but it is not easy for me, and I don't know how long before or whether I'll be able to do that very well.

A few times other various people people have said they psychically sensed things from me and it also felt a little to me like an invasion of privacy, as well sometimes they misread my feelings and thoughts so it felt like my telepathic messages were a gossip line that led to people getting the wrong idea about me. I already have trouble with people misunderstanding me (autistic spectrum disorder, for one thing).

Anyway, is there a method for setting some kind of filter that will keep such things from happening? Besides mindfulness and concentration, which I am not good at and have little time for (1.5 year old baby to care for all day). Or is it just something I have to get used to and gradually get control of through emotional control, spiritual development, mindfulness, living from a higher intention and more positive focus, etc?
Old 22-12-2012, 11:19 AM
SunMist

Hi Louisa, I have a few thoughts but look forward to hear what others who have a stronger handle on this have to say.

There are a couple of people in my life who are on my same "wavelength" and sometimes I can tell they pick up thoughts from me though they are unaware. It just works its way into the conversation. If I catch myself thinking of something I really don't want them to know about, I immediately shift my mental focus to something else - the present moment, a different topic, even a mantra in a pinch. Still it requires being aware of my thoughts while talking to them and then there is the problem of connection while not talking to them by focusing on them too much. Ultimately I think there is no shortcut for developing greater mental control and awareness. One idea I am working with but haven't fully worked out is to find a way to deliberately shift my own wavelength so I no longer match theirs - easier said than done so far.
Old 23-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Master

Hi SunMist. My husband seems to reply to my thoughts sometimes. It can be unnerving. I also think he picks up on the presence of a spirit/guide who is often around me... When I first made contact with the spirit/ guide (or rather the spirit made contact with me), I sensed energy coursing throughout me, like maybe a kundalini experience. My husband was there, and I felt a hand touching my hand and somehow I sensed energy with my body, so I knew there was a being who was walking beside me, changing from side to side, but whenever the spirit would move, my husband moved a few seconds later. When I felt the spirit touch my hand, my husband brushed into me a few seconds later to the same location as the spirit. (We were walking at a park). Yet my husband doesn't believe in any of these things, and I never bothered to tell him about the spirit - he'd think I was insane.

I will just try being more mindful and clearing or distracting my mind as you say.
Ultimately I think I may need to spend some time developing meditative mindfulness and concentration whenever I do have time to put into that. I am just not fond of the idea of my thoughts wandering and intermingling with others' thoughts without my choice or awareness. It is bad enough to have to deal with my own thoughts - I don't want to have others' responses to my thoughts to have to deal with. And I don't want to bother anyone with my thoughts. *sigh* If I heard someone talking about this kind of thing a few years ago - I would have thought they were probably crazy. lol

Sometimes I think people pick up on my thoughts whenever I'm not even thinking of that person, or even near them. I guess then I just must deal with it. I try to think only on "good" things or things I shouldn't care if someone else knew, but I guess if something else happens, oh well. Confirmed telepathy hasn't happened often for me, anyway. It is startling, however, when it does happen, and I don't want my mind to be an open book, as it seems it has sometimes in the past, without my conscious choice or awareness.

Interesting thought about shifting one's wavelength - maybe I'll look into that some more.
Old 23-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Niebla0007

Telepathy

I had contact with a telepathic person before.
And it kind of annoy me that she picked some of the answers from my mind.
So, I did a test in blocking her...
a simple way of not delving into my own thoughts,
rather, in calm set of mind
just simply stopped thinking about anything
and wait for her to think and do what's next.
And pictured a wall around me, too for good measure.
Old 24-12-2012, 12:30 AM
ThoughtBroadcaster

found the stop broadcasting solution lol

i have this exact problem. mine is on steroids. all the time my thought broadcasting goes over the whole neighborhood and it is very scary. sometimes its so high pitch that people that are not psychic pick up and drive down my street and stop. but i saw the range once when some guy would kick the brake to signal me when i looked back and it was like going quarter of a mile. very scary. i am working with a guru who is helping me with this by teaching me how to raise the kundalini. the kundalini will clear all garbage and other things out. its like there is a belief under my conscious mind and it believes that everyone is reading my mind. i know the cause of these things is the inner children who want attention and they use the belief to get attention. i also am getting close to self realization since i am trying to break the last psychic knot where the problem is stored by my third eye with the kundalini manifestation. also when i try to close my crown forcefully the psychic knot squeezes out of crown chakra and broadcasting starts up. but any how if you want to know more reply that you want to know more or personal message me.
Old 24-12-2012, 03:05 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtBroadcaster
i have this exact problem. mine is on steroids. all the time my thought broadcasting goes over the whole neighborhood and it
I recall your previous thread.
Have you ever had a past life/akashic reading?
Many ET's are very powerful telepathically.... and I'd be curious where you picked up this talent-ability.

As I rarely ever hear of this.

Or I'd be curious if it were me.

When I was studying spiritually, all in my class were psychic, so i watched my thoughts so as not to offend anyone.

I made this a habit in social or even work situations, to censor my thoughts, just to be
polite, As one never knows how our thoughts may affect someone, even subconsciously.

However it's my feeling most people tend to discount thought impressions, and chalk them up to their imagination,
unless they believe in telepathy.
Old 24-12-2012, 04:26 AM
Master

Interesting replies.

I will try to just clear my mind, Niebla, as you say. And also cultivate mindfulness or a "good mind". I think I'm good but in my mind its like a theatre - I've never shied from darkness, difficulty, drama and learning through tranfsformative and sometimes difficult or painful situations. I never thought my own mental experiences would effect others this way until recently. I guess there are no shortcuts for a rampant and overgrown mind. I have to slowly weed out and prune away the excess as best I can without stunting my own necessary growth pattern or whatever. While maintaining my own degree of fearlessness and creativity to go into the dark and overgrown patterns of life that I find so fascinating. Perhaps I can focus the overgrowth into a channel that will not impact others' consciousness. Art, or spiritual devotions or I don't know, something to make my own world in my mind or in spirit which does not involve other real people within my mind.

And this will be the way to transform myself and become self-sufficient too, even maybe. Oh well, its a wild and far-fetched, but who knows.

Anyway, it is funny but it seems like I keep being brought to do things for others because I can't find the motivation to do them for myself. I didn't ever take the time to be mindful enough, but I will do so in order to avoid harming others. Maybe this is the Universe's way of teaching me.
Old 24-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Master

Interesting about raising the kundalini as a way to deal with this, Thoughtbroadcaster. I don't know much about kundalini, read some and forgot most of that, but it is another thing I will consider.

I have realized that doing meditations to send others love and to take their sufferings in oneself can affect them, or just wishing them wellness and freedom from suffering (Tong Len and Metta Buddhist meditations).

As well as (Ho'oponopono type meditation) - intending and reflecting upon responsibility and reconciliation, remorse, love and gratitude, reflecting deeply on how each of these things can be seen in ones' relationship to another. These things have profound impact on me when I feel remorse, forgiveness, gratitude, love and interconnection and I really reflect and find the specific ways these things may exist between me and another person. I can find a way to feel remorse, forgiveness (of self and other), regret (for all the suffering the other had to go through), gratitude (for any good or gift the other brings) and love (for the other as a part of the whole and interlinked with all else, including myself). I can feel this for anyone, even those who I thought I could find no good in, even those who only seemed to use and hurt me. If I reflect enough, I can find these things and it makes me happy with everything and anyone, or at least content. At least, the times I've practiced it this deeply it has done this. Why did I forget it (I didn't really quite forget it - just forgot how powerful it was and forgot to consistently practice it)... Oh well, now I'm remembering.

And I see that it heals and changes the other too, somehow, and improves our relationships, even beyond what a change in my demeanor or attitude could accomplish. I think forgiving others is powerful, but more powerful maybe, is to feel and seek forgiveness for anything oneself may have done to contribute, in any way, however extremely indirectly and beyond ones' conscious knowledge even, any way one may have added to the other's suffering. I guess it's because it brings the mind off blaming the other and onto one's own internal locus of control. And if the spirit of the other knows we are humbling ourselves and taking our right responsibility, then they would of course feel better. I think the power of true remorse and asking forgiveness is a strange thing, quite powerful indeed, if it is focused on truly feeling forgiven as well, and worthy of forgiveness. And then moving on to relationship, gratitude and love, instead of stuck in the forgiveness phase and guilt. Somehow I feel we do harbor guilt for wrongs we don't even know we did- maybe past karma, and yet reflecting on all these things seems to heal it, especially with the intervention of gods.

Anyway, a bit of a tangent, but to me it relates well with all of this - cultivating the right mindset of interresponsibility, interconnection, highest good, even beyond our conscious understanding or memory of all that we might need to be forgiven for or that we might be responsible for or affecting or affected by.

I am saying this to help myself remember too, I think this is a key answer in the whole responsibility and ethics of telepathy issue. It's not easy to take the time to reflect on all this, but maybe if I just set aside time to reflect in depth it will program my subconscious so that I won't have to think in depth anymore, it will just be a half-conscious process when I say the words and mantras to myself, that forms my state of mind without me even being aware of it.
Old 24-12-2012, 02:19 PM
SunMist

Sanaya Roman's book Personal Power Through Awareness has some pretty interesting techniques in it about telepathy. A lot about how when we focus on someone it opens the channel and we receive our "messages" from them and we can avoid problems by not focusing on them or when we do deliberately sending loving energy.
Old 24-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Beyond

Quote:
A few times other various people people have said they psychically sensed things from me
It's their problem, not yours. It's like blaming sun for shining.
I'd like to add that If anyone will start spreading the rumors that you have telepathically told some secrets, that person (not you) will be certainly called crazy.