Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 25-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Simica

this would be correct, but it also goes a bit deeper than that as well. I am just giving a general description as the base. but yes you are correct
Old 25-10-2011, 08:12 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simica
this would be correct, but it also goes a bit deeper than that as well. I am just giving a general description as the base. but yes you are correct

i've just recalled another of my own experiences ... the ability to smell sense another person's activity. NOW i understand what you mean lol

do you find it bothersome or joyful?
Old 25-10-2011, 08:14 PM
spirit72

Color

I find this gift, is part and parcel of mediumship, I might be wrong, but as on the earth, I also have the sense of smell in spirit world, and if I tune into someone I can smell what there doing It is very handy at times, and when all the psychic senses are used together, can be a very powerful tool...
Old 25-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Simica

well for myself. I have found, generally I have to allow the connection with the person. to allow myself to open up to this ability. which can be difficult without the right connection to said person.

However with that being said, it allows me not to pick up random persons scent that I have no clue as to who they are etc. no energy signature, no scent.

If I do not want to smell someone, I do not have to.

so all in all, I do not find it bothersome at all. since I have more control over it, than others may have. (not to sure of this since I have not met many others that have the same thing as myself)

when I do pick up a scent, though I know what and where it comes from. I still try and isolate the smell. aka if it is in my own home, something around me etc.

it is an interesting ability to work with others as well. since others (yet again with the right connection to said person) can send me scents.

example of that would be what they are eating etc
Old 25-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Simica

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit72
I find this gift, is part and parcel of mediumship, I might be wrong, but as on the earth, I also have the sense of smell in spirit world, and if I tune into someone I can smell what there doing It is very handy at times, and when all the psychic senses are used together, can be a very powerful tool...

myself dont have connections with the aspect of mediumship, I do not particularly see it as such since it deals with strictly physical plane. but that is just how I have also found my best connection with it. However, that is not say I could not develop it further to aspects of mediumship. But I honestly have no desire to do dealings with the dead.

even still though, dealing with the living with it. I have found it very handy tool. and have used it many times. though generally when it has come into use. I have linked it with other abilities.
Old 25-10-2011, 08:35 PM
1being

Quote:
myself dont have connections with the aspect of mediumship, I do not particularly see it as such since it deals with strictly physical plane. but that is just how I have also found my best connection with it. However, that is not say I could not develop it further to aspects of mediumship. But I honestly have no desire to do dealings with the dead.

even still though, dealing with the living with it. I have found it very handy tool. and have used it many times. though generally when it has come into use. I have linked it with other abilities.

something i'm noticing ... an insight to share

denying many times what it is NOT (not from the dead; only from the living)

it seems this aspect is attached to you somehow, and you're trying to get it out of your way.

if mediumship is not a comfortable word for you ... maybe you'll find this word useful:

con·duit (knd-t, -dt)
n.
1. A pipe or channel for conveying fluids, such as water.
2. A tube or duct for enclosing electric wires or cable.
3. A means by which something is transmitted: an arms dealer who served as a conduit for intelligence data.
4. Archaic A fountain.

second entry of word:

conduit [ˈkɒndɪt -djʊɪt]
n
1. (Miscellaneous Technologies / Building) a pipe or channel for carrying a fluid
2. (Miscellaneous Technologies / Building) a rigid tube or duct for carrying and protecting electrical wires or cables
3. an agency or means of access, communication, etc.
4. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Botany) Botany a water-transporting element in a plant; a xylem vessel or a tracheid
5. a rare word for fountain
[from Old French, from Medieval Latin conductus channel, aqueduct, from Latin condūcere to lead, conduce]

conduit
noun: passage, channel, tube, pipe, canal, duct, main He saw that the conduit was choked with rubbish.
Old 25-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Simica

I have nothing against mediumship. I have no desire to work with the dead or other aspects. and I keep that line very clear within my life. that was my choice as well. I do not wish to deal with the dead.

This is why I make it clear about this ability in the aspect of dealing with just people.

Mediumship is not a calling for me, and I have no desire to do so.

and with this particular aspect of how I do things with this ability, I am looking for further information since most information dealing with clairalience has been dealing with mediumship and the dead. Rather than different ways to develop the ability.
Old 25-10-2011, 09:49 PM
1being

Quote:
I am looking for further information since most information dealing with clairalience has been dealing with mediumship and the dead. Rather than different ways to develop the ability.

i've googled to learn the word for the study of sense of smell. i think if you want to know more about your ability, studying sense of smell might be a good place to start.

http://phrontistery.info/sciences.html
olfactology study of the sense of smell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odor

googled "olfactory psychics" and got this:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/p...periences.html
Old 25-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Simica

mmm I have already looked into those aspects actually. as well as I do have links as well. though am unable to post links at this moment in time. (a few more posts and I will be able too lol)

I found these two have been useful. however, I do like talking to others about it and getting their thoughts.
Old 25-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:

John32241, it is quite interesting when it comes to those that are still living. I have been tortured with raspberries before in this sense. A friend of mine, was eating them and my nose filled up with the smell, it took hours to get the smell out of my nose. and all I wanted was raspberries (since I love them)

Ha Ha, that was cute. It is my understanding that you are conscious of "sharing experiences" with others in this way. It is like telepathy, which is also a shared experience.

I look forward to seeing those links you mentioned.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/