Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 23-04-2011, 04:53 PM
casper

Are there any disadvantages to developping telepathy?

Just wondering....
Old 23-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Suspended
Hi Casper

Considering what goes on in my head...I'm not too sure I would really want to know someone else's thoughts.

I don't know that much about telepathy, but I believe it's not like a light switch you can switch on and off when you like.

So yes, I would say there are disadvantages.

Squatch

P.S. Love to Treacle! xx
Old 23-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Master
well, i'm not sure i'd go out of my way to develope what's happening inside my head if i had the choice. i mean, assuming that i'm not just a looney with an overactive imagination i'm just trying to deal with a phenom i didn't seek and certainty didn't consciously develope.

drawbacks are ...

it can be confusing. one may not, at first, be able to recognize the delineation between your own Id and that of your contacts.

kiss your privacy good-bye.

the need to construct shields and filters so to protect your mind from unwanted contact and inadverdent data floods.

constant vigilance in disallowing your random trivial thoughts to muck up the shared mind space.

constant need for emotional control. what you feel and the way you feel it affects your contacts and visa versa.

and, for me, just the overall ambiguity of the experience. i can't really discern whether or not what i'm experiencing is what i think it is since i have yet to be provided with external verification.

Telepathy ... it's not what you think.
Old 23-04-2011, 06:31 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Telepathy ... it's not what you think.
Haha. This is awesome. I need a bumper sticker.
Old 23-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Sangress

Disadvantage = lots of migrains and noise and intrusive thoughts galore.

Not to mention that telepathy can go both ways if your mind is open like that.

Anyone learning telepathy needs some pretty deathly defences if they want to stay sane.
Old 23-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Disadvantage = lots of migrains and noise and intrusive thoughts galore.

Not to mention that telepathy can go both ways if your mind is open like that.

Anyone learning telepathy needs some pretty deathly defences if they want to stay sane.

yep to all that. though after having constructed some decent shields and filters the extraneous noise level is now nill and i seldom get migrains anymore. it helps alot if one restricts ones telepathic activities to a few intelligent, friendly and self disciplined contacts whose intrusions aren't altogether unwelcome. to allow ones talant to just go wild with no defenses or restrictions could no doubt land one in a funny farm.
Old 24-04-2011, 02:04 AM
Master
yes one of them being the thoughts never shut up
Old 24-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Sangress

Theres also the part where you open your mind to all external things, its like standing in the snow without any clothing.

Regardless of whether you have all your defences up, theres always going to be a part of you that is interacting with others minds, being alert and searching through all the thoughts in the area.

Defenses only mean that information doesn't get through to your mind, not that you are not vulnerable to the thoughts and ideas of others, or that they are still not vulnerable to you.

Not trying to make people scared, its just a fact of life that telepaths are always going to connect to others, its an impulse, like looking into someone elses eyes when you speak to them....it just happens.

If your grounded enough, respectfull of others and know who you are and understand what you should and probably should not know....then there are no worries.
Old 24-04-2011, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
yes one of them being the thoughts never shut up

well, thats why shields are desirable. the thing is ... ya gotta determine which of those voices is yours because one of them probably is. you know, daily blah blah like "where did I leave those keys?" and "hmmm wonder what's in the fridge". ya gotta get your personal yacking under control, shut it up and use your personal silence as an identifyer. anything making noise isn't the voice of your specific Id. then begin blocking out the rest of the chatter, one voice at a time if necessary.

i have a rather overly complex method of dealing with extraneous noise which i made up as i went along. the "white light" method is simple, elegant and probably just as effective as my Eschereque defense/filter system.

the thing is ... my defense and filters did not keep my imaginary friends out. they sauntered right in because they had my vibrational key codes.

who are these guys? and what do they want? lol whatta fun movie!
Old 24-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Master
lol the imaginary friends yes, i worry they watch me in the shower or when i pig out on couch and fall asleep with food crumbs all around