Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 26-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Experiencer

True love. blahblahblah

So I read the signs of 'true love' from a page. Cannot remember which one. And the examples We're like this: You give them without expecting anything back, you don't brake promises to them and you feel happy when they achieve something. And I'm thinkin 'I experience this with.every person I meet and it's no big deal.' Of course my feelings change eg. I feel jealous when I see a woman more beautiful than I am. But, I still feel all these examples about true love.

Is these kinds of examples as common as I think? Do most people know what true love is with everyone, not just the people they've learned to love?

And more importantly (just kidding. I hope) what are the sign of true romantic love and how can you achieve that? Does it last with one person or do relationships fall to this secure, loving state with no sexual or romantic feelings for the other person? I've had friends say, that 'we are such an old couple that we don't have sex anymore.' And also this site I mentioned says that the romantic and sexual feelings are just a state. ****. How boring would life br if my romantic partner didn't want to have sex with me after ten years. I'd change relationships immediately.
Old 26-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Badcopyinc

First question I can offer my opinion. I agree with yours that love is with everyone. I feel true love is with yourself and no other. When I got there I learned to love everyone just as much as myself. The romantic part I have no idea that's a bridge I will cross when I meet a female I'm compatible with lol
Old 26-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
You give them without expecting anything back
That's not love, that's slavery.
Quote:
loving state with no sexual or romantic feelings for the other person
Sexual is different from romantic is different from soul connection. One doesn't necessarily mean love and the other not love. And two of those can happen without feeling love period.
Quote:
I feel jealous when I see a woman more beautiful than I am.
Jealousy is definitely not love.

For me, the question is easy. I've experienced relationships with and without love. The difference is clear. Most people I would say, marry because they want someone to spend time with, or raise a family with. Most relationships are convenient "like" relationships, not "love" relationships. In a love relationship, and going back to the first point above, you give because you love the person. And they give back because they love you. The question of "without expecting anything back" never comes up because all the two of you are doing is giving and receiving. If you're never hungry, you never think about where your next meal is coming from.

The moment the relationship switches to one person giving and the other taking, it's no longer a love relationship, and time to move on. Unless they enjoy having someone around to watch TV with. And many people stay together for reasons such as that, it's convenient.
Old 26-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I have to disagree you on that. But, you can love while expecting something in return.

I disagree also with the jealosy not being love thing. Maybe jealosy itself is not love, but to me love is more how we act and react to things. Of course you can love and feel feelings at the same time. Feelings are just egos way of telling 'hey. I'm still here.' Love is not a feeling so feelings don't necessarily mean you don't love. Laughter is fun but it's no different from jealosy. Love is.
Old 26-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Feelings are just egos way of telling 'hey. I'm still here.'
Feelings are usually associated with higher-self ideals such as love, or grief. Jealousy is just out-of-control emotion; it's an ego and lower-self response.
Quote:
Laughter is fun but it's no different from jealosy.
Laughter is positive, uplifting. Jealousy is ugly and destructive. That's not just basic spiritual wisdom, that's simple observational common sense.
Quote:
Love is not a feeling
Well Tuesday, it sounds like you're wanting to remain in this blahblahblah relationship to the question, and aren't particularly interested in listening. That's okay. Good luck.
Old 26-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Experiencer

Could you elaborate your views on what love is, Baile?
Old 26-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
It's only slavery if you're doing it against your will, surely?
Old 26-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Lorelyen

It's just words. Everyone has different ideas so a "page" may pontificate on
what it's author thinks but he's only talking of himself.

You have to decide what true love is to you and who knows....? You may have found it several times.

Splurges on the internet are not to be trusted so you've done the right thing -
question what you read.

Old 26-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's just words. Everyone has different ideas so a "page" may pontificate on

I just got schooled! never knew what that word meant and i liked it soooo much i had to share my enthusiasm and gratitude! Thank you!!

but while I'm in here I love you all!!!
Old 26-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Seeker

For me I think I love someone if i crave connecting with them in every way I can imagine. I wouldn't apply that to familial love, I mean for me, as a heterosexual male, it's with a woman. I want to us to crave mixing our every energies. How much detail can I put here without getting into trouble?

I don't know if people can love each other like this for too long. Love changes as time goes on. Sex does too. It should because you should grow. I fall out of love with people who stop growing. It's almost as if they say, 'oh, got love. All done' when really they should think - 'great, time to blossom'.