Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-02-2017, 05:49 AM
Master
Is there a society for enlightened people?

because I really want to be a part of that!!

I'll settle for some websites that are of questionable validity as a place to start though.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Ascender

http://sacred-texts.com/eso/cuts/cuts04.htm
Do not listen to me if you do not wish to be hypnotized into a misleading worldview and become enslaved by alien godz (some might say hindu)-- By reading my posts, you fully consent to initiation into this cult, which may or may not occur--

Stay off the garden path--
Old 02-02-2017, 06:27 AM
Master
Websites of 'questionable validity'? okay have it:

https://www.illuminatiofficial.org/

SERIOUSLY THOUGH:

http://www.ts-adyar.org/

This is where I am headed off to because if I am not enlightened now, satsanga will soon put an end to it.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:00 AM
Master
http://www.myiampresence.org/hinduism_quotes.html
Old 02-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Master
I joined the Theosophical Society in my 20s. They have regular meetings/discussions. Others like the Anthroposophical Society have meetings and community employment initiatives. Then there's joining a monastery or church.

Lots of good stuff in being with people in any spiritual group setting providing you don't become blindly attached to the tenets of the philosophy (cult-think). Easier to avoid that trap with an esoteric philosophy. Esotericism asks the student to come to truth via the development of their meditative life and intuitive faculties. Whereas religious organizations expect the follower to simply take up and embrace the specific truths and beliefs of that particular religion.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Master
I will add: Be aware of what you believe enlightenment to be. Enlightenment is simply the day to week, month to year expansion and evolution of one's consciousness. It is a process that involves lifetimes. Every esoteric path will tell you that. If you are looking for a group of people who claim to be enlightened, and who claim to have come to THE truth, it's a cult.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Master

Here's the only place I participate in right now. I like SF and visit regularly when time allows.

I like coming here because we are diverse. Diversity keeps me from becoming to focused on one set of Truths as Baile brought up.

I live in a small town that is very Christian so there aren't opportunities to meet in a physical place with like-minded souls. So this is pretty much it!

I do have some passing friendships of other people like me and we exchange book material sometimes but I have never developed those relationships. I did that once and got very burned. So I like my solitude and distance.

As a side note George Kavassilas used to have an online community I used to visit, don't know whether he still does. But he's a little bit "out there" in his beliefs and eventually I didn't feel comfortable at the forum site because I saw things in a much broader spectrum than his followers.

Also David Icke has a forum but I never could get into his beliefs either, but you are not me and you might enjoy it. It's easy to find if you want to check it out.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I like coming here because we are diverse. Diversity keeps me from becoming to focused on one set of Truths as Baile brought up.
Hi linen. Getting involved in a spiritual group was very helpful for me in my 20s and 30s. Studying a philosophy in-depth can really help broaden and deepen one's understanding and approach to all beliefs. Here's a common thing I hear: Truth is whatever you believe. That's just not the case. Example: The sun rises in the East and there is no other truth, regardless of what I choose to believe. Studying spiritual philosophy in-depth does help one come to see that there is something more to truth than just our ego nature deciding whatever it wants to think. That holds true for most every path, it's a common teaching point in every philosophy.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Suspended
Knower

This is what the spirit testify.

It says freedom to all except exploit.

Society work no matter what that why they have pyramid symbol everywhere on dollar bill, and etc.

In order to succeed in any society you must first become followers if you are a natural rebel it would be difficult for you to become a followers. This is why the mason is not for everybody, or the Illuminati.

Hence why I am cattle's, or sheep cause I don't want to follow, and I rather be at the bottom of the pyramid rather than following some society.

As your rank go up if you get too high it can have consequence if you fail to follow that why I rather not be in any society, or anything cause I don't want to be in any form of mind control, or followers.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:18 PM
I do not think there is a group or society...it seems even after decades
of following certain gurus or teachers the followers are often as
confused and troubled or more so than your everyday waitress.

I happen to think those involved with ACIM and New Thought, Yogananda, even
Christian Science, are pretty darn happy and have it 'goin on'...
in other words, their frequency is kept very high deliberately, daily...
but not all of them.
Also, some Charismatic Churches blow my mind at the Holy Spirit filled
dedicated folks there.

Many enlightened ones (and I use your term, shivitar, I do not use that word)
have written many books or have had compilations of their 'talks'.
Thank God for their wisdom and help!
They are my 'group'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru