Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy How To Stay In The Lucid Dream??

I had a lucid dream earlier today but I got so excited i ended up waking up. I tried to stay calm but i started thinking "dont end dont end dont end" and then it ended lol. Any tips on how to keep this from happening?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Suspended
Hi Amaliaaa

It's a case of remaining emotionless with a slight curiosity (to keep you lucid). It will get easier, the more times you get lucid. Took me ages.

Try not to think about waking up or your physical body - that tends to jolt you awake. And don't say 'I'm dreaming' out loud. I've learned to think it every few seconds (to remind me). I've found that touching things keeps me in the dream and if there is a dream character around, I'll hold their hand or link arms.

It's just like learning a new instrument - it will take time and lots of practise.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, I am with Squatch on this one. The first emotions of 'omg I am dreaming' wake you up pretty darn quick.

Do you do reality checks> I did and straight after I would take a moment to take a deep breath and clear my mind and be as 'still' as I could.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 PM
onthepath

I did the same thing and panicked, haha. "woah, I can do ANYTHING" is pretty overwhelming!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 AM
h0pk1do

Talking

Yeah before i had the same issue. lol. Make sure when you realize your dreaming, stay calm as possible and just look around for second to observe the dreamscape. then before you know it, it'll all flow naturally:) or if your vision is starting to blur, try not to panic and dont think about waking up. stare at an object and try to make it clear. or some say spin around like everything is phasing and it should come back to normal
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Blanket

Smiling in the dream can keep you lucid in lucid dream :)
I just had a lucid dream about an hour or so ago...and I smiled a few times throughout the dream and it kept me lucid ;)
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM
OldTimer

Go back to sleep with the calm intent of "having the dream some more".
Old 14-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliaaa
I had a lucid dream earlier today but I got so excited i ended up waking up. I tried to stay calm but i started thinking "dont end dont end dont end" and then it ended lol. Any tips on how to keep this from happening?

Amaliaaa... Your idea of using a repeating affirmation is good, but like any affirming if it's framed in the negative you will end up with that.

Instead you might try something like "staying the dream"... or simply "still dreaming", and let yourself ease back into the Feeling you were having in the lucid dream.

Feelings are usually stronger links than thoughts and can be used to continue in a dream, as well as recalling it later.

Xan