Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
And just who / what controls or regulates or directs our senses . . . and thus our view of reality?

Oh wait . . . it’s probably the phantom self . . . or maybe the ego . . . or whatever faddish term is popular these days to blame what we do not like about ourselves.

Yeah . . . let’s blame the phantom self. Yeah . . . he’s responsible for all deception and illusion and misinterpretation. Yeah . . . it’s certainly not OUR fault. It just can’t be the individual’s fault.

< sigh >
The answer to the Q in your first para is blowin' in this 'wind' Zorky fella

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...24#post1933024

It is the 'individual' soul, composed by/of one's 'heart'-and-'heart' that is response-able IMO, as HS's post says.
Old 14-05-2020, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
When one realizes non-dual freedom abundance is not only unnecessary but irrelevant. Of no consequence whatsoever. Abundance is a non-sequitur, spiritual speaking.
This is a 'perfect' example of reductio as absurdum argument, IMO.

Why don't we all just elect to be happy by sucking our thumbs!
Old 14-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
This is a 'perfect' example of reductio as absurdum argument, IMO.

Why don't we all just elect to be happy by sucking our thumbs!

Since this is the Non Duality sub-forum allow me to amend and clarify. When one realizes non-dual freedom, abundance is not only unnecessary but irrelevant. Of no consequence whatsoever. Abundance is a non-sequitur, speaking from a non-dual spiritual perspective.

It's freedom from inflicting second arrow reactive suffering. Suffering that arises when abundance of the desirable doesn't manifest or abundance of the undesirable does manifest. In other words when what should be isn't and what shouldn't be is.

So in essence it matters not whether one has a thumb to suck on or not. One is content either way.

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 14-05-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old 14-05-2020, 04:50 PM
Knower

davidsun . . .

That question was meant for others to consider, ponder, and answer. I knew the answers already . . . and my perception does not have to resort to word bouquets . . . such as ‘heart’-and-‘heart’ and other embellishments. If you really think I need to resort to a web link for the answer . . . you have NO clue as to what I do or do not know.

I acknowledge the revelation of attitude in the use of “Zorky fella.” It fits you. Have you noticed that you are getting worse? Pointing to that other peoples discussions are absurd . . . and suggesting that we all regrew to thumb-sucking and such . . . I appreciate how you constantly reveal your level of consciousness . . . book or no. Name calling and disrespect is always a sign of the far steps on the Path . . . by whatever word(s) you wish to use to define that.

Power.

Power love power.

Keep it up.

Please try to keep any response(s) to this civil and respectful . . . at least to a point . . . so it won’t have to be deleted again. That deleted post was also very revealing.
Old 14-05-2020, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
When one realizes non-dual freedom abundance is not only unnecessary but irrelevant. Of no consequence whatsoever. Abundance is a non-sequitur, spiritual speaking.
You missed the whole point entirely.
All we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering. Brahman is Objective truth/reality and our true inner objective self.
subjective
5: lacking in reality or substance : ILLUSORY
objective
1a: expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations.
Definitions from merriam-webster.com
Old 14-05-2020, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Since this is the Non Duality sub-forum allow me to amend and clarify. When one realizes non-dual freedom, abundance is not only unnecessary but irrelevant. Of no consequence whatsoever. Abundance is a non-sequitur, speaking from a non-dual spiritual perspective.

It's freedom from inflicting second arrow reactive suffering. Suffering that arises when abundance of the desirable doesn't manifest or abundance of the undesirable does manifest. In other words when what should be isn't and what shouldn't be is.

So in essence it matters not whether one has a thumb to suck on or not. One is content either way.
Abundance is a non-sequitur? do you know what Abundance and non-sequitur means? And do you know how abundance came up in the discussion ?
All we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering. Brahman is Objective truth/reality and our true inner objective self.
subjective
objective
1a: expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Experiencer

abundance

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
It is 99% spiritual abundance. It is not about material/economic abundance. When you have spiritual abundance, you get material/economic abundance along with it

While 99% spiritual abundance is somewhat acceptable and tenable , the claim of JASG is more tenable , sustainable and long lived in spirituality . The reason is abundance by its own definition has lot of materiality connotations . So howsoever one talks of spiritual abundance ,it quickly turns to material abundance in the minds of people and at times people get lured into spirituality by false promise of abundance and the whole journey of spirituality starts on a wrong premise which causes lot of problems later on.

Here is the dictionary meaning https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abundance.

abundance noun

abun·​dance | \ ə-ˈbən-dən(t)s

Definition of abundance
: an ample quantity : an abundant amount : profusion
a city that has an abundance of fine restaurants
: affluence, wealth
a life of abundance
: relative degree of plentifulness
low abundances of uranium and thorium
— H. C. Urey
Old 14-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Abundance is a non-sequitur? do you know what Abundance and non-sequitur means? And do you know how abundance came up in the discussion ?

Yup, I know the meaning of both words. As to the context in this discussion (emphasis added):

Quote:
The law of attraction/manisfestation is not about material or economic abundance either, The LoA is all about mentally aligning yourself to the one singularity (god) of oneness/wholeness, well is suppose to be anyway. It is impossible for a person to align him/her self or ego I, to the one singularity (god) of oneness/wholeness with false/untrue b-s misleading beliefs, knowledge and etc in the person's memory aka conditioning/programing.

LoA is all about material or economic abundance.

https://www.thelawofattraction.com/w...of-attraction/

"It is the Law of Attraction which uses the power of the mind to translate whatever is in our thoughts and materialize them into reality. In basic terms, all thoughts turn into things eventually."

Things are material. LoA is all about attracting material abundance through mere thought alone, though in reality it's not really about thought. In essence one is programming their subconscious to do the things necessary to put one in a better position to get those material things not through thought, but action. Work harder, increase one's education or skills, lobby for a promotion or raise, etc...

This is why I have in past posts contended LoA is antithetical to spiritual non-duality.

Don't get me wrong, if one wants to practice LoA it's fine, however it simply is not something one finds in any system of spiritual non-duality that I'm aware of.

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Old 14-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Yup, I know the meaning of both words. As to the context in this discussion (emphasis added):

LoA is all about material or economic abundance.

https://www.thelawofattraction.com/w...of-attraction/

"It is the Law of Attraction which uses the power of the mind to translate whatever is in our thoughts and materialize them into reality. In basic terms, all thoughts turn into things eventually."

Things are material. LoA is all about attracting material abundance through mere thought alone, though in reality it's not really about thought. In essence one is programming their subconscious to do the things necessary to put one in a better position to get those material things not through thought, but action. Work harder, increase one's education or skills, lobby for a promotion or raise, etc...

This is why I have in past posts contended LoA is antithetical to spiritual non-duality.

Don't get me wrong, if one wants to practice LoA it's fine, however it simply is not something one finds in any system of spiritual non-duality that I'm aware of.
How is the LoA antithetical to spiritual non-duality, when non-duality, oneness and wholeness is everything and vice versa? You speak of non-duality, yet you divide and separate non-duality. That is not how non-duality works. That is your personal subjective belief of the LoA by separating and dividing non-duality.The LoA attracts people and situations to you too and people and situations are not things.

The last 2 sentences of your post, you seem to confuse goal setting (Napoleon Hill's book "think and grow rich" comes to mind here) with the LoA.

Non-duality means one is everything, which includes the LoA and everything is one, not what you want to pick and choose non-duality to mean.
subjective
objective
Old 14-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
While 99% spiritual abundance is somewhat acceptable and tenable , the claim of JASG is more tenable , sustainable and long lived in spirituality . The reason is abundance by its own definition has lot of materiality connotations . So howsoever one talks of spiritual abundance ,it quickly turns to material abundance in the minds of people and at times people get lured into spirituality by false promise of abundance and the whole journey of spirituality starts on a wrong premise which causes lot of problems later on.

Here is the dictionary meaning https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abundance.

abundance noun

abun·​dance | \ ə-ˈbən-dən(t)s

Definition of abundance
: an ample quantity : an abundant amount : profusion
a city that has an abundance of fine restaurants
: affluence, wealth
a life of abundance
: relative degree of plentifulness
low abundances of uranium and thorium
— H. C. Urey
So, spirituality is about being poor? I do not think so. That is a good way to keep people poor, while I am sure JASG has a nice house and yard in the ADK mountains.

Sigh
subjective
objective