Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Divine Energy

Hello Cosmic,

I've never charged for readings before, so I can't comment personally on the ethics involved, however, I do feel that any proffessional psychic/medium who didn't appear to make any connection with the sitter, should, without doubt, offer a full refund.

I also think that it's worth pointing out that it's best to become your own medium, but I'm going to start off another thread on this topic...

Best wishes,

Danny
Old 25-05-2007, 07:12 AM
cosmic

Danny, that is such a great point!! If there's one message I've received time and again, it's to stop asking other people to connect on my behalf and start trusting my OWN connection!!!

Last edited by cosmic : 25-05-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 25-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Divine Energy

Hello Cosmic,

Thanks for your comments. I wish you every success with all your endeavours in this field. :-)

All the best,

Danny
Old 25-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Deactivated Account
cosmic and merlin, personally i don't agree with charging for such a beautiful gift, but if you do it full time you do have to eat and pay your bills too, personally i would never charge with the one exception, readings for charity.

many people charge ridiculous amounts of money and are clearly 'cashing in' on others' grief this is appalling imo it really makes my blood boil and stringent guidelines should be in place to prevent this. and though i read for free if i do a 'poor' one i will usually offer another reading at a later date.
Old 25-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Deactivated Account
ps, it's also worth noting that sometimes you just can't do it for certain people no matter how hard you try, this is by no means the fault of the sitter or the medium, it just doesn't work. i've had cases like these and have had to give up on the third attempt, yet other readings have been quite amazing!
Old 25-05-2007, 09:09 PM
cosmic

Daisy, don't get me wrong. I have absolutely no problem with people charging for readings! I think we all have unique gifts and talents and if we can make our living from using them, then that makes for a passionate, fulfilling and purposeful life (with the bonus of enriching other peoples' lives too). Better than wasting away behind a desk for 40 hours a week and only getting to do what you love in the odd spare moment, y'know?

And I also appreciate that even the best mediums will have off days. I guess I was just thinking out loud... when you make the decision to go to a medium and pay for a reading, do you take the chance that the medium might be having an 'off' day and know that you'll be paying anyway? Or should there be some kind of 'code of conduct' that says if the reader is not able to connect, the reading is free, or as you said - you can come back another day?

As a medium, do you KNOW when you're getting nothing? Because I've never had a medium say to me "Look I'm really having trouble reading for you. Maybe we shouldn't bother with this today", but I have had them bumble through 45 minutes or so, fluffing around telling me insignificant things, repeating themselves, making chit-chat or giving me their personal opinion... and that is far worse! You'd rather they be direct with you.
Old 25-05-2007, 09:25 PM
merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
cosmic and merlin, personally i don't agree with charging for such a beautiful gift, but if you do it full time you do have to eat and pay your bills too, personally i would never charge with the one exception, readings for charity.

many people charge ridiculous amounts of money and are clearly 'cashing in' on others' grief this is appalling imo it really makes my blood boil and stringent guidelines should be in place to prevent this. and though i read for free if i do a 'poor' one i will usually offer another reading at a later date.

I couldn't agree more! My DH loves Gordon Smith for that very reason. he had a day job, that was his finance...then he read in between. However when that reader can no longer go to his day job as his calling is to read or his popularity has become so that he can no longer have a day job, and reading becomes IT..then he still needs to pay the power bill.
What interests me is how does the reader go from charging a nominal fee early on..then it blows out to hundreds of dollars..and one recently I saw her fees were a thousand.
OK: Sylvia Browne has a church to run with staff on the payroll....what about the others?
Old 25-05-2007, 09:50 PM
cosmic

Just like anything - supply and demand I suppose. Either keep fees down and have a waiting list that's 2 years long, or bump up the fees and only see the number of people who can afford the rate.

I don't like that though - makes it elitist (is that the word?) and should be something that all people can access, not just the rich.
Old 25-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Deactivated Account
gordon smith put it exactly right in his book imo but it is just my opinion. as for how does it jump into the hundreds and thousands greed thats what, nurses, doctors, ambulance workers and firefighters should be on top whack wages like that, no one else IMO
Old 25-05-2007, 11:22 PM
merlin

Yes, yes , yes Daisy!
I have a sister who was a police officer in the forensics.
She got paid less than I did..and I wasnt picking up bodies off the railway track.....
Closed Thread