Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Mayuyero

How can one do a past life regression and find out about one's previous lives?

I want to find out about my previous lives and the role of karma in my present existence.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:54 PM
xxella

Find a gifted individual whom you feel CONNECTED to who specializes in Past Life regression therapy. It may or will give you a broader understanding of who you are now. Or simply finding a clairvoyant/medium whom you feel connected to and "trust" or have faith in for a Past Life reading. He/she should be able to sense you and the energy around you for a general idea of your past lives (or any one life in particular) and if any karma is being paid by you in the present life. This will generally take more than one visit as well depending on the info that surfaced and the depth of the (if) attachment(s) to you, the host. There are ways YOU can connect with the spirit world and explore this on your own. I am not yet evolved to the point of such a high level of consciousness.

Should you actually have a negative entity(S) attached to you; Spirit Releasement Therapy, earth-bound spirit releasement. Detachment is necessary for both to be relieved of present suffering otherwise they will re-attach or attach to someone else. Energizing your chakras, keeping them balanced, meditation and staying positive are some of many ways to provide you great protection over these negative energies.

Also keep in mind that if and when under hypnosis -- this is also a portal from which negative entities/spirits/energy can enter your auric field and attach.
Keep us posted!
Old 17-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Guide
Dr. Brian Weiss has an excellent CD for past life regression. My only suggestion is that you should say a prayer of protection prior to listening to the CD, as you can encounter negative energies when doing regressions. Best wishes!
Old 17-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Master
I was just going to say Brian Weiss has a CD for that, but I think if you want to go that route, it's better to find a qualified person to help you with it. I went to a woman who trained under Brian Weiss. In all honesty, I couldn't tell if I was actually just daydreaming and coming up with stories in my mind or dreaming, so I couldn't embrace the experiences fully and to this day, I take what I 'saw' with a grain of salt.

The mind is powerful Mayuyero, I want to encourage you to not dwell on any past life, but if you feel that some karma is causing obstacles in your life now, meditate about it and appreciate the fact that you want positive change in your life and then do all you can to make positive changes in your life. Deal with afflictions you may have with a fighter's spirit, not a bully fighter, but a person who perservered and made the best of his/her life. Try your best to not fall into the victim mentality.

I do believe we can carry residual effects from past lives, phobias, fears, pain and so forth, but I do believe there are ways (and perhaps a past life regressionist can help), but I believe if we embrace our fears and then stop feeding into them, we can conquer a lot. Every day of my life I have to watch my thoughts, my fears, my attitude because I certainly don't want to drag things from this life onto another, if in fact, there are more lives for us.

I would be leery of finding a medium to help you, as an above poster mentioned. I don't think there are many out there that are actually trustworthy and know what they are doing and can end up feeding you a load of bunk and taking your money and making you worse off than you may feel already.

If you take anything from my post to you, please take this...you have the power within you to make your life better. Don't let the fear of past lives and karma speak dictate and steal away good things in your life. I am sensing that you are ruminating over these things. Please stop. Accept that you have a condition, and improve upon what you can and I think you will be surprised that you can overcome a lot and improve on a lot. Google famous people with aspbergers, there are a lot and they get along fabulous in life. You can too. Even people without aspbergers, like I said have issues that cause them to miss out on good things life has to offer. Attitude is everything.

Wishing you good things.
Old 18-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayuyero
I want to find out about my previous lives and the role of karma in my present existence.

Journey into the depth of yourself to find your essence, on that journey you should likely meet expressions of your past, present and future. How you will experience it depends on how open or limited your imagination is.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Greenslade

The first thing is to make really sure of is that you want to open that particular can of worms. Past Life regression can be fun, but it can also throw up all kinds of issues that often can't be prepared for. As you're talking about karma then be especially prepared, if you're talking about karma being judgement. Past Lives are past, they're gone. If there is resolution to be found then it's understanding your actions from a Spiritual perspective in that Life and how it affects this one. There is no judgement, the Universe does not judge - only we do. You are not paying for something you've done in a Past Life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
If you take anything from my post to you, please take this...you have the power within you to make your life better. Don't let the fear of past lives and karma speak dictate and steal away good things in your life. I am sensing that you are ruminating over these things. Please stop.

Amen to that one.

If you want to understand Spirit then you have to think like Spirit. In the Spirit realms there is no time, so what we perceive as a Past Life is - to Spirit - happening here and now. Parallel Lives, not Past Lives. Your existence in a Past Life as you would perceive it has next to no bearing on this one. What you are experiencing in this Life belongs only to this Life.

Other than that, follow your intuition first and foremost. Is there a time in history that you're particularly drawn to perhaps, something that captures your imagination? If a certain period in time resonates with you properly (as opposed to being a whimsical notion) then it's usually a good place to start.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The first thing is to make really sure of is that you want to open that particular can of worms. Past Life regression can be fun, but it can also throw up all kinds of issues that often can't be prepared for. As you're talking about karma then be especially prepared, if you're talking about karma being judgement. Past Lives are past, they're gone. If there is resolution to be found then it's understanding your actions from a Spiritual perspective in that Life and how it affects this one. There is no judgement, the Universe does not judge - only we do. You are not paying for something you've done in a Past Life.

Amen to that one.

If you want to understand Spirit then you have to think like Spirit. In the Spirit realms there is no time, so what we perceive as a Past Life is - to Spirit - happening here and now. Parallel Lives, not Past Lives. Your existence in a Past Life as you would perceive it has next to no bearing on this one. What you are experiencing in this Life belongs only to this Life.

Other than that, follow your intuition first and foremost. Is there a time in history that you're particularly drawn to perhaps, something that captures your imagination? If a certain period in time resonates with you properly (as opposed to being a whimsical notion) then it's usually a good place to start.

I agree with this ^

Also, a good spiritual counsellor who offers Past Life regression will not do it unless there is a specific area effecting your mental health, that needs clarity - I know because I was once curious and asked around about it. It's not something they do for mere curiosity. Even if it is effecting your mental health, there is fine line in what they will deem okay to look into, because you don't want to be aggravating your mental health issue with full blown traumatizing memories.

It is the same with forcing yourself to remember traumatizing past memories - it can break and destruct you, so be careful, we do not remember these memories for a reason. The brain copes in forgetfulness to protect us.

If we are supposed to remember these memories, they will come to us on our own time when we are ready.

So even if you do decide to go with it anyway, make sure to have someone you trust there with you just in case you begin to struggle with things that come up for you.
That's typically why it's done with a professional.