Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-03-2012, 04:05 AM
special-k special-k is offline
Newbie ;)
Seeker
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
 
Cool Performing Reiki

How do I perfrm Reiki? I am quite a newbie. I have had a friend do Reiki on me and it was quite supurb. What do I need to accomplish in order to perform Reiki?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-03-2012, 09:45 AM
rubyred79 rubyred79 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 32
 
I agree Reiki is wonderful. To practice Reiki you need firstly be attuned by a Reiki Master (level3). You will be given/taught all the information during the course. It would be a great idea to do some self learning on Reiki prior to it though. I remember one of my friends did Reiki on me too & from that moment on I was hooked. Goodluck on your Journey x
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-03-2012, 10:01 AM
special-k special-k is offline
Newbie ;)
Seeker
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
 
thank-you!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-03-2012, 07:53 PM
shifty123 shifty123 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 258
  shifty123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-k
How do I perfrm Reiki? I am quite a newbie. I have had a friend do Reiki on me and it was quite supurb. What do I need to accomplish in order to perform Reiki?
There are a lot of good info online about reiki. I'll pm you a site that i use regularly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Akaalis Akaalis is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 39
 
I personally know a few people whom formally practiced Reiki and I myself have examined this system as well.

There is nothing wrong with the practice of Reiki, but I WILL say to all of you whom are interested in Reiki, that its a quite a low level practice and the energies involved don't penetrate or reach that high in terms of levels or realms. I say this for only the modern form and practitioners of Reiki, but not for the first Reiki Master, Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, who was a well accomplished Spiritual Master whom devoted his entire life to being so.

I know some of you here MAY be offended by my post, but a good number of the Reiki so-called "Master Teachers" or "Practitioners" nowadays are very commercially driven, and if one is materialistically driven then that in turn has an hampering effect on the spiritual aspect itself. Which is why the energies I seen emitted from alot of these Master Attuners aren't very strong or substantial to begin with.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27-03-2012, 12:34 AM
shifty123 shifty123 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 258
  shifty123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaalis
I personally know a few people whom formally practiced Reiki and I myself have examined this system as well.

There is nothing wrong with the practice of Reiki, but I WILL say to all of you whom are interested in Reiki, that its a quite a low level practice and the energies involved don't penetrate or reach that high in terms of levels or realms. I say this for only the modern form and practitioners of Reiki, but not for the first Reiki Master, Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, who was a well accomplished Spiritual Master whom devoted his entire life to being so.

I know some of you here MAY be offended by my post, but a good number of the Reiki so-called "Master Teachers" or "Practitioners" nowadays are very commercially driven, and if one is materialistically driven then that in turn has an hampering effect on the spiritual aspect itself. Which is why the energies I seen emitted from alot of these Master Attuners aren't very strong or substantial to begin with.
Didnt Usi take donations? No matter how small.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Akaalis Akaalis is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 39
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stogey
Didnt Usi take donations? No matter how small.

He took donations, but did he charge to make a living?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Enya Enya is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,417
  Enya's Avatar
I will say that while I agree that many teach Reiki on a 'lower' level, there are also those who develop it as a spiritual path. I've always found Reiki to be a catalyst for my self awareness and it's never functioned as a 'therapy' for me. I am fortunate enough to have met some wonderful students who take it much further than I ever have.
__________________
'The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.' (Sir Terry Pratchett)


Spirituality is for those who seek understanding.
Religion is for those who seek reward.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Akaalis Akaalis is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 39
 
Well the thing is Reiki is based on Ki(or Chi) energy, which is basically only "life force" energy. Such energy(from what I understand) doesn't really possess any penetrative power to begin with, its merely energy to sustain ones health. Its not "evolved" into higher forms of energy, and thus any dormant supernormal abilities inherent within the human body cannot be activated within the practice of Reiki. Thats why beyond the level of healing and fitness, Reiki is of very little use.

As I said, I know personally former practitioners of Reiki and even they themselves told me that the energies developed in Reiki aren't very substantial and are quite limited.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 28-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Rin Rin is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,023
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaalis
Well the thing is Reiki is based on Ki(or Chi) energy, which is basically only "life force" energy. Such energy(from what I understand) doesn't really possess any penetrative power to begin with, its merely energy to sustain ones health. Its not "evolved" into higher forms of energy, and thus any dormant supernormal abilities inherent within the human body cannot be activated within the practice of Reiki. Thats why beyond the level of healing and fitness, Reiki is of very little use.

As I said, I know personally former practitioners of Reiki and even they themselves told me that the energies developed in Reiki aren't very substantial and are quite limited.
It is not that the Ki is not strong, but many Reiki practitioners have little knowledge to transform Ki into Jing or Shen. This has really nothing to do with Reiki itself but is a reflection on the interests and training of Reki.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums