Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Ambermay

Well, yes.
But what would you call 'false teachings'?

For example we know of holy books like Bible, Koran, some others exist.
All they claim that theirs is true teachings, and others are not such.

What would you call the very ones to follow?

Not to argue though, I'm just very interested what exactly people follow and mostly why it is true for them?
Since there are more than one religion - there should be different opinions in why they consider theirs to be true for them?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Master

Religions are different because people are different. They have different cultures, ideas, customs, etc.

Religions have similarities because we're all human.

People have different experiences with God. It's very personal and specific to the individual.

Everyone isn't meant to think and believe the same way, that would make this the most boring world imaginable.. a world of clones.

It's also good to get together with people that have similar views of God, it can be very uplifting and meaningful.

Spirituality and religion is at it's best when we can just let go and be at peace in the presence of the Divine.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Master
Ah this.. Its best not to think about it, it wil drive you nuts.

Which religion is right and which sub strain of that religion holds the one and only truth? That question could put someone in a looney bin.

Pick your truth and dont worry bout it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Religions are different because people are different. They have different cultures, ideas, customs, etc.

Religions have similarities because we're all human.

People have different experiences with God. It's very personal and specific to the individual.

Everyone isn't meant to think and believe the same way, that would make this the most boring world imaginable.. a world of clones.

It's also good to get together with people that have similar views of God, it can be very uplifting and meaningful.

Spirituality and religion is at it's best when we can just let go and be at peace in the presence of the Divine.

I like this view very, very much!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Ah this.. Its best not to think about it, it wil drive you nuts.

Which religion is right and which sub strain of that religion holds the one and only truth? That question could put someone in a looney bin.

Pick your truth and dont worry bout it.

You are quite right there in relation to my own experience.
I did drive me mad a some point before, when I was searching for what to believe and what not to...
What you said is exactly what I did.

So, we all hold our own truth - back to my first post?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Ambermay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
You are quite right there in relation to my own experience.
I did drive me mad a some point before, when I was searching for what to believe and what not to...
What you said is exactly what I did.

So, we all hold our own truth - back to my first post?

You will know when you have found what speaks to you and shouldn't be surprised--if what you believe changes and grows (as you do).

"Question everything and when you are certain you have found all the answers--ask again!" the Dalai Lama

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Because there are currently roughly 7 billion beings.

Not sure why, but I think this is my favorite answer in the entire thread. The only thing I'd add to it is a reminder that there have been more humans than that also existing in different time periods with much different cultures and access to forms of knowledge.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
...But what would you call 'false teachings'?

For example we know of holy books like Bible, Koran, some others exist.
All they claim that theirs is true teachings, and others are not such.

What would you call the very ones to follow?

imo, Follow them all, for they all lead to the same place, however be aware of false teachings on the journey. the teachings of Paganism and Astrology both trace back to the Religion of the Ancients, which is my faith, we are Mazzarites, but there are more false teachings about the stars then any other faith.

The Abrahamic faiths have the most debates about them, but they are all One in the same faith. The Torah, Gospel, Qur'an is One Book. It is just extremely misunderstood by those who teach it the most and they are the false teachers. The Jews are given the Torah, the Christians are given the Gospel and the Muslims the Qur'an. The people of the Abrahamic faith just need to realize that the Jews are judged by the Torah, the Christians are judged by the Gospel, and the Muslims are judged by the Qur'an. Humanity is judged(actually rewarded) based on what we do with what we are given. We are not judged/rewarded based on what we do with what we were not given. That seams hard for the people of the Abrahamic relgions to understand, but it is God that reveals His Word to whom God pleases and we are all rewarded based on what we do with what we were given.

God also gave all of nature to know Him by. If anyone ever needs to feel close to God or the need to connect with Gods Spirit all they need to do is observe the beauty that surrounds us all.

mj
Old 07-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Master
The core reason for the multiplicity of religions is mankind's endless appetite for self-delusion.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:25 PM
res

Quote:
Why do you think?

I think that the truth is very personal and can not be adopted by all in the same way. (Well sounds a bit like Scientology, but no, I'm far from that.)

All religions were based on some knowledge from before.
Is it true? I tend to think so. Most recent ones display dogmas which are borrowed from one or more than one religion of old.

I believe that following others version of the truth is somewhat lazy and could be misguided. For me i marched myself to the top of a mountain and looked at the world for myself. While there i understood the importance of the elements and the cycles of the seasons. When i closed my eyes I also observed the inner reaches of the mind and that it was another world that pushed past the boundary of what my physical eyes could see. This is the place where i go to to find my own truth although it too can be a tricky place to navigate and can be full of illusion.