Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 AM
The Eagle The Eagle is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 322
  The Eagle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Well, one thing is certain: If you do not believe you can know the truth then you never will.

Lol. To believe can know the truth or to believe you cant is a belief either way. So can you "know" truth just because you believe you can?
__________________
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM
silent whisper silent whisper is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down south..down under.
Posts: 8,440
  silent whisper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
I think that would be a concept of "ceasing to seek"

To use senses doesnt exclude logic. To feel you still have to think. Intuition is a belief. Lol.


Are you sure about all this?
__________________
There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves. Imagine going through your day being unapologetically you.”
― Steve Maraboli

Ralph Waldo Emerson
“What I must do, is all that concerns me, not what the people think.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 AM
The Eagle The Eagle is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 322
  The Eagle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Are you sure about all this?

I believe it is logical. Lol.

Senses bring in information which we then use logic (i.e. Thought) to create a belief about reality.

Without the thought process then you dont take information in. Likewise with feeling.
__________________
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 AM
silent whisper silent whisper is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down south..down under.
Posts: 8,440
  silent whisper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
I believe it is logical. Lol.

Senses bring in information which we then use logic (i.e. Thought) to create a belief about reality.

Without the thought process then you dont take information in. Likewise with feeling.



Just checking you were sure...
__________________
There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves. Imagine going through your day being unapologetically you.”
― Steve Maraboli

Ralph Waldo Emerson
“What I must do, is all that concerns me, not what the people think.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
silent whisper silent whisper is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down south..down under.
Posts: 8,440
  silent whisper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
i believe:

we can never actually know anything. we as mankind can never know truth. only believe in something that we think it truth. we believe so strongly in something that we think we know that we call it truth.

how do we get to knowing? logical deduction of experience? experience is individual. experience relies on information received from our senses so it is therefore flawed from the start.

what is reality but the accepted belief of truth?

is truth or reality important? - yes. lol. its important to believe in things we think we know.

keeping doubt part of wisdom is wisdom indeed.


Ok I doubted you all the way through my space of sharing....so I will keep doubting in wisdom...regardless of what you say.
__________________
There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves. Imagine going through your day being unapologetically you.”
― Steve Maraboli

Ralph Waldo Emerson
“What I must do, is all that concerns me, not what the people think.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 PM
athribiristan athribiristan is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dripping Springs, TX
Posts: 1,006
  athribiristan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
Lol. To believe can know the truth or to believe you cant is a belief either way. So can you "know" truth just because you believe you can?

That's not what I said at all. You infer that because a belief that you cannot know the truth will keep you from doing so that the opposite must also be true.


At least if you believe you can know the truth, you are open to the possibility. Otherwise you are not, and never will.
__________________
With Love,
athribiristan
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
The Eagle The Eagle is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 322
  The Eagle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
That's not what I said at all. You infer that because a belief that you cannot know the truth will keep you from doing so that the opposite must also be true.


At least if you believe you can know the truth, you are open to the possibility. Otherwise you are not, and never will.

I see what you are saying but iis impossible to know anyway down to the human condition.

The closest anyone can get is believe they know the truth. Whether that belief of truth represents truth or not it can never be actually known.
__________________
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM
The Eagle The Eagle is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 322
  The Eagle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Ok I doubted you all the way through my space of sharing....so I will keep doubting in wisdom...regardless of what you say.

Your posts are leading me to believe you are deliberately attempting to be offensive or just think you are being funny. Which one do you believe you are doing?

Doubting me is fine. The logic is there to follow to gain an understanding of why I say it. So far you havent been able to break the logic and havent given an alternative other than saying what you believe.

To doubt in someone elses wisdom is only part of it. Do you doubt your own??
__________________
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic

Last edited by The Eagle : 05-03-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 15-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Chraeloos Chraeloos is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
i believe:

we can never actually know anything. we as mankind can never know truth. only believe in something that we think it truth. we believe so strongly in something that we think we know that we call it truth.

how do we get to knowing? logical deduction of experience? experience is individual. experience relies on information received from our senses so it is therefore flawed from the start.

what is reality but the accepted belief of truth?

is truth or reality important? - yes. lol. its important to believe in things we think we know.

keeping doubt part of wisdom is wisdom indeed.

Everything we know, everything we say is based on language. Language in itself is a metaphor. The only thing we can know for sure is math, and even that is subject to our minds metaphors. So, in that way, yes nothing we know is "truth", but it's the closest we can ever get. We have to change things into metaphors because its the only way our brain works.

Have you read Descarte's Meditations? I think you'd get a lot out of it.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Truth Truth is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
 
Knowledge is available to all mankind. You will find what you seek if you sincerly seek it. Truth is written everywhere in the world especially in our own hearts. Truth is not what you make it. That's like saying that everyone is right because they believe they are when truth cannot contradict itself. The truth is the truth even if no one believes it to be true. Faith can lead you to truth. Like I have faith that what the one said about dinasours walking alongside man is true. I've never done the research but I can feel it's validity. Truth can be felt. The truth is lies can be uncovered. Once you know what truth is you know what it isn't because truth isn't foreign to itself.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums