Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 21-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Rin Rin is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,023
 
The ki in Reiki is just the Japanese way of writing and referring to the Chinese Qi or Chi. It refers to a fundamental energy which has a direction towards creative organization. It is much more than just energy, one could possibly say it is energy with brains and heart. As such it leans towards life in every form. Ki, Qi, Chi is everywhere.

The aspects which make Ki, Qi, Chi more than just dumb energy are encapsulated in the Kanji character Rei. This is to remind western people of that aspect because with eastern people it is so much part of their culture that it isn't even worth mentioning.

In terms of energy, Reiki and all other forms of Qi healing are the same and Reiki is only unique in the form of its implementation.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Stillness_Speaks Stillness_Speaks is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 643
  Stillness_Speaks's Avatar
Pure Source energy do not belong to Reiki Masters more than God belongs to some church in southern Pennsylvania.
__________________
I am not going thru things. Things are going thru me.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 21-02-2012, 02:58 PM
shifty123 shifty123 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 258
  shifty123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haoma
So often you hear the words "Reiki healing energy". So please Reiki Master's, what is the difference between this "label" and pure, healing energy?
I dont think that there's any difference. It's all in the techniques that we use. Remember no one can do anything without the will of God.

I think reiki is a nice way of helping others and ourselves get closer to God. By using God's energy to help each other.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 21-02-2012, 03:03 PM
shifty123 shifty123 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 258
  shifty123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
There is a difference in terms of quantity and quality. If you are a reiki channel, it means you are connected to the one Source that powers up the entire universe - either directly or indirectly (through a lineage or symbols). It is also possible to send reiki directly from your own personal storage of energy, but this is a silly way to do it because it will drain your own reserves. If you have ever sat beside a depressed or negative person and felt drained, know that they are drawing from your personal energy reserves. If you are attuned and can draw spiritual energy from the infinite Source, then it doesn't matter how much they take from you, more comes flowing through you - like an infinite fountain or river. Furthermore, Source energy is pure but what is in us individuals (because we need it for other things that we do) is tainted by ego. When reiki-ing it is best to keep the mind out of it, just allow Spirit to do its thing. That way both of you benefit.


Very good response. I will use my own energy. Depending on if i want to be more personally involved with the individual. Such as a grandchild. I have used my personal energy, but it does come as a price. That's a risk I'm sometimes willing to take.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 21-02-2012, 03:08 PM
shifty123 shifty123 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 258
  shifty123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
That is true, but one must usually pay a teacher to get attunements. There are rogue reiki masters who will pass attunements for free and over distance.
Well Usi accepted a small fee if a person could afford it. If not he wouldn't charge a person.

I feel if God is willing to give me this wonderful talent to help his people stay connected. Why should i charge someone. Now if someone were tp offer me a contribution for my time. Id take it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 21-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Uma Uma is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,283
  Uma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stogey
Very good response. I will use my own energy. Depending on if i want to be more personally involved with the individual. Such as a grandchild. I have used my personal energy, but it does come as a price. That's a risk I'm sometimes willing to take.

But your own energy is also Source energy LOL!
It is not necessary to sacrifice your body's vitality by cutting yourself off from your Source.
When I say "keep your mind out of it" it means not trying to interfere with where the energy wants your hands to go. Really sensitive reiki practitions will sometimes feel that their hands are stuck in a spot because the energy is holding them there. Interfering with that would be forcing your hand away, something like that.

The experience of connecting more personally with another individual is even more intimate and more profound when you connect at the level of Source energy. You are the Source - but in limited expression! So in essence this is where you and the "other" self meet.

For instance... I also reiki when I give a psychic reading. Intuition as well as healing energy come from the Source when accessed the same way as as for reiki. I've learned how to tap into the Source for all kinds of things! So this is what I do and reiki is now a way of life. I have touched people intimately by reading for them on this level - and I get as deep insights into my life as I do for them because it's coming from such a deep level. I am as amazed as they are...still learning what enlightenment is all about.
__________________
We are beings with the tremendous power to love. It is our greatest gift to offer to another. Let us show respect for each other, acknowledging that it is the same spirit that dwells within all. Divine fellowship has always been encouraged as a way to help us grow spiritually and to keep us focused on the path. May we inspire and support each other with our spiritual radiance and energy.
~ Sri Vasudeva
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21-02-2012, 09:48 PM
shifty123 shifty123 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 258
  shifty123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
But your own energy is also Source energy LOL!
It is not necessary to sacrifice your body's vitality by cutting yourself off from your Source.
When I say "keep your mind out of it" it means not trying to interfere with where the energy wants your hands to go. Really sensitive reiki practitions will sometimes feel that their hands are stuck in a spot because the energy is holding them there. Interfering with that would be forcing your hand away, something like that.

The experience of connecting more personally with another individual is even more intimate and more profound when you connect at the level of Source energy. You are the Source - but in limited expression! So in essence this is where you and the "other" self meet.

For instance... I also reiki when I give a psychic reading. Intuition as well as healing energy come from the Source when accessed the same way as as for reiki. I've learned how to tap into the Source for all kinds of things! So this is what I do and reiki is now a way of life. I have touched people intimately by reading for them on this level - and I get as deep insights into my life as I do for them because it's coming from such a deep level. I am as amazed as they are...still learning what enlightenment is all about.

Since im only a beginner. I thinl that using ones own energy. Is similar to playing a musical instrument. The more you practice. The more refined that you become.

In other words. The more I use my energy. In connection with Spirits energy. The better i get at using it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 26-02-2012, 12:08 AM
AwakeningtoSpirit AwakeningtoSpirit is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
  AwakeningtoSpirit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
There is a difference in terms of quantity and quality. If you are a reiki channel, it means you are connected to the one Source that powers up the entire universe - either directly or indirectly (through a lineage or symbols). It is also possible to send reiki directly from your own personal storage of energy, but this is a silly way to do it because it will drain your own reserves. If you have ever sat beside a depressed or negative person and felt drained, know that they are drawing from your personal energy reserves. If you are attuned and can draw spiritual energy from the infinite Source, then it doesn't matter how much they take from you, more comes flowing through you - like an infinite fountain or river. Furthermore, Source energy is pure but what is in us individuals (because we need it for other things that we do) is tainted by ego. When reiki-ing it is best to keep the mind out of it, just allow Spirit to do its thing. That way both of you benefit.

I know now this is true. I was practicing reiki on my own with out an attunement for awhile. Then I received my first and second degree attunement. Now I don't feel drained at all and actually feel energized every time I do reiki, whether in person or distance.
To the OP; Reiki healing energy is redundant reiki means universal life force which is the healing energy. But I think it clarifies what reiki is to those who don't know what it means.
__________________
Peace and Blessings,
Awakening To Spirit

http://herbaleranah.com Check out my artwork!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 24-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Reikichris Reikichris is offline
Suspended
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 51
 
The energy is the same, the expectations and methods are different - a bit more on my thoughts about faith healing and reiki at cactuschris/wordpress.com if you are interestd.

love
chris
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 24-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Haoma Haoma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 324
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Some reiki masters overcharge, like some car mechanics. Some charge a fair price for a weekend attunement and learning seminar. Your choice.


Xan



From my perspective, the attunement should be a natural one, spanning several months or years, not hours. A very personal, spiritual journey as well; how could it not be.

Although I applaud those who take an interest in the healing arts, a certificate on the wall means nothing at all. Healing is not a material service. It just is..

I originally posted this thread to dig out some Truth. I'm just not sure how much Truth people are ready and willing to accept.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums