Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 08-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperMine
I want to thank Lionsheart, for your explanation on the masculine/feminine energies, and the fact that one can be a woman and have masculine energy (and a man with feminine). I am a female runner. And here I thought that there was something wrong with me, because I´m not acting like a real woman "would" act.

I mean, when I met my Twin....well, what can I say....I completely freaked out. I wanted to have nothing to do with him. And I had friends who where more feminine and in touch with their emotions, that thought I was insane for not embracing the feelings with open arms. This was not very helpful. It just made me feel like a weirdo. But your input has given me a sense of relief. And I am grateful.

did you change what made you stop freaking out? lol interested to hear from that side.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperMine
I want to thank Lionsheart, for your explanation on the masculine/feminine energies, and the fact that one can be a woman and have masculine energy (and a man with feminine). I am a female runner. And here I thought that there was something wrong with me, because I´m not acting like a real woman "would" act.

I mean, when I met my Twin....well, what can I say....I completely freaked out. I wanted to have nothing to do with him. And I had friends who where more feminine and in touch with their emotions, that thought I was insane for not embracing the feelings with open arms. This was not very helpful. It just made me feel like a weirdo. But your input has given me a sense of relief. And I am grateful.

interesting to here this reply since my TF is also a female and a runner and I think she struggles as well with this issue. She thinks much more like a man in regards to relationships while I think much more like a girl. I struggle to understand why she wouldn't be all swept up in this connection while she behaves like a man and just runs from something that she can't understand, can't control and that that leaves her feeling uncomfortable. She also has insecruity issues which I think the intensity of our connection only amplifys. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
interesting to here this reply since my TF is also a female and a runner and I think she struggles as well with this issue. She thinks much more like a man in regards to relationships while I think much more like a girl. I struggle to understand why she wouldn't be all swept up in this connection while she behaves like a man and just runs from something that she can't understand, can't control and that that leaves her feeling uncomfortable. She also has insecruity issues which I think the intensity of our connection only amplifys. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

well, i'm a "runner" and a female. here the thing ... if i'm chased i'll run. it's "catch me if you can".
Old 08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, i'm a "runner" and a female. here the thing ... if i'm chased i'll run. it's "catch me if you can".

Yeah and thats exactly how I feel. The more I chase the harder she runs yet I know its beyond catch me if you can with her since I know I could catch her if I really wanted to but I'm not willing to catch something that does not want to be caught.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:49 PM
SerpentQueen

Personally I hate all the gender stereotyping, and find them utterly nonconstructive. Whenever you apply a label or a box on to anything or anyone, it can be only that. And it puts blinders on your eyes, so you cannot see the person any other way.

Love, in my definition, is simply seeing someone clearly. If you are seeing your twin as a stereotype, you are not seeing them clearly.

People are way more complex than a gender stereotype. It is 2011; can we advance beyond them already? If those in this forum are truly of high enough caliber to attract a twin flame into their lives, I should think we of all people would be beyond them.

"People" tend to run from things they cannot understand or control.

"People" tend to dislike feeling vulnerable.

"People" tend to say they want intense love, but then find it too intense.

Does it make me masculine or feminine that I look at my TF, and I fear what might be too good to be true? Does it make me masculine or feminine that I look at my TF, and I fear entering a relationship only to have it fail down the road, just like all the others? Maybe keeping it in the "what if" fantasy category is more special, than killing it by slow death of familiarity -- or worse. The worst fear in life is being rejected by the one person you hold in highest regard, the one you are most like, because then that would be like you rejecting you.

I say all this and yes I am the female in the relationship but it's not about a stereotype nor is about one being a "runner" (yet another nonconstructive label). Because I know my TF has felt the exact same way. We share the same exact fears. It's irrelevant who's male and who's female.

And to answer the OP's question, he recognized the nature of the connection and put a label on it before I did -- he just didn't tell me until I figured it out for myself. So, don't assume. Don't assume just because "he's a guy" he doesn't already know. When you drop the stereotyping you quickly learn that men are just as romantic and starry eyed as women are.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:43 PM
79810PM

miss believed,

I think the older I got the more particular as a single person, which I understand upon meeting tf the reason all of this has transpired as it did..

& for myself now I think that it's more about my purpose than being in search of another to marry or dating, my own self I do think I vibrate at a high enough level to where I am sensitive to this sort of thing &.. before I met tf I think I was defined to self my interests & pretty purpose of which is spiritual in nature..
As to dating.. there were a # after tf left & they were good looking (to me) & smart /..& my type.. but it didn't work, 2 of them got a bit pushey as to what they wanted with me (physically).. one I kicked out of my house when he didn't understand the word no..

.. so for me now my spiritual life is my focus.. if I could become a nun I might but I'm too old for that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_believed
makes me laugh the first conversation i ever had with mine met in a bar, i thought maybe he was just after a hook up and i am so not that kind of girl and so sick of men thinking women will give it he said something and i was like look if your after sex you had better just give up cause its not happening! lol
i was totally at the end of my tether with men in london at that point i remember him walking away and coming back a minute later to ask me for dinner,
i do think its important to offer unconditional love but also know your worth and not allow this in out in out of your life stuff. its a balance somehow a hard one to get perfect! lol
Old 08-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Dharma Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical
WOMEN PICK UP ON THIS CONNECTION BECAUSE WE ARE MUCH MORE IN TUNE WITH OUR INTUTION AND EMOTIONS , THIS IS WHY WE ARE HERE NOW TO TEACH MEN , THE COMING OF THE AGE OF AQUARIUS IS ALL ABOUT THE DIVINE FEMININE , WOMEN ARE REALISING THEY ARE POWERFUL TOO AND DONT FEEL SO INFERIOR TO MEN THESE DAYS , WOMEN ARE THE ONES WHO WILL BRING BACK LOVE AND PEACE TO THIS PLANET , WE ARE THE ONES WHO ARE FACING THIS CONNECTION MORE BECAUSE WE HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO TO PREPARE US , TO TEACH THE MEN TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEIR FEMININE SIDES , FOR THOSE MEN WHO ARE ALREADY AWARE , THEY POSESS THE FEMININE ENERGY AND ARE IN TOUCH WITH THEMSELVES , YET THEIR FEMALES WHO ARE RUNNING OR NOT ACKNOWLDGEING CARRY THE MASCULINE ENERGY . IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE LOL..

IN THE STORY OF MARY MAGDALENE AND JESUS ... MARY HAD TO STEP BACK AND ALLOW JESUS TO BE THE POWERFUL ONE BECAUS EOF THE AGE OF PISCES , WHICH WAS ALL ABOUT THE MASCULINE ENERGY , PEOPLE DIDNT REALLY SEE THAT BEING HIS DIVINE COUNTERPART SHE WAS JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL , BUT MARY WAS THE ONE WHO POURED HER LOVE THROUGH HIM IN TIMES OF FEAR , DOUBT AND WHEN HE SUFFERED PAIN , ASWELL AS HIS MOTHER MARY , THE LOVE OF ALL THOSE WOMEN HELPED JESUS BECOME THE MAN HE WAS HE COULDNT OF DONE IT ALONE , THEY PREPARED THE GROUNDWORK , TO PAVE THE WAY FOR HIS COMING , JUST LIKE THE MEN NOW , THEY TEACH US THIS CONNECTION AND WHAT IT ENTAILS , THEY TEACH US THE BASICS SO THAT WE CAN APPLY THAT TO HELP GUIDE THEM BRINGING THEM BACK TO LOVE .

HAD TO RE EDIT THIS AS I PUT BITS IN THERE TO HELP WITH ANOTHER POST , SORRY IM NOT WIHT IT TODAY LOL

a very broad generalisation there leanda and completely ignores the subjective experience of individuals, a tad matriarchal too

I picked up more of what was going on and was more devestated by it, on a very apparent level than she was

she esmasculated the hell out of me and leaving my dance group was the wisest choice, I ever made

it was not a twin, it was a soul connection of which there are many, and the amount of times, I hear people call these experiences Twins when they are actually karmic primarily in nature, love alone is not enough if you are dealing with the heavy vibrations of someone so blocked and living in shadow

ultimately, everyone knows their own experience, but sometimes, people do label these experiences a twin, and then later, on discover they are something else entirely

she came to teach me a lesson and I her, though whether she will ever get it on a soul level, god only knows
Old 08-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi spiral,

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to break it, you will just have to wait until she works out her karma and grows as a person. Yall will reunite in this life or another life.

I know I quickly ended things with my TF out of fear that it was all in my head. I hate being vulnerable and looking stupid. I was also childish with the way I ended things, but it was purely out of fear. I dont know why she did, but in a TF connection, it usually stems from fear. Every day Im growing and becoming whole within myself, and my dear she will too.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Dharma Employee

it fades for some, it gets overtly dramatised as never fading but for some it does and has
Old 09-11-2011, 12:04 AM
soul whisperer

You know, it's recently been brought to my attention by a very close friend of mine who has been a real confidante in everything I'm going thru that although I may be more aware of the connection that I might in fact be the runner too (at least sometimes)....this came as quite a shock to me...but she said that I frequently put up a 'wall' around me, probably out of fear and not really being ready for the next step....I've always seen it as respecting my sc's space and private life....I might be a little old fashioned expecting the man to make the first move.... but she tells me that I need to give him more signs or encouragement and show him my true feelings....thing is, we are both otherwise commited and for this reason I hesitate and just hope that through the conversations that we have already had that he understands how I feel about him, but love him too much to hurt anyone and put him in any difficult situation. She tells me that he has been giving me all the signs but is also scared to take the next step so we're kind of in a state of limbo. This has been going on for a year and is driving me crazy! But I'm also scared that if I do come full out and tell him the extent of my feelings that I'll lose even the friendship that we have managed to maintain despite circumstances. It would be devastating to me to lose even that :( .... what to do?