Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What helps me a lot is when I actually do personal study, I do not use a study aid: I use the native language if it be Hebrew and Greek. One scripture that amazes me is Exodus 6:3 in which God reveals his name which for some odd reason, virtually nobody in Christianity will use. That name is pronounced similar to Yahweh. In Hinduism and Buddhism, their Supreme God, for the most part, has also been forgotten. That name is Trimurti. This time period in history, might be the first time in history that people do not know the name of their God(s)/god(s) which means we might be living in a unique time period.

Then there is the account that someone will come or return.

Christians know him as the Christ.
Jews know him as the Messiah.
Hindus look for the coming of Krishna.
Buddhists know him as Maitreya Buddha
and Muslims are expecting the Imam Mahdi.

The above religions look at the 'return' or 'coming' as something that will bring about cataclysmic events.

Are they all talking about the same thing?

'I am not the first Buddha to come upon earth; nor shall I be the last. In due time, another Buddha will arise in this world, a Holy One, a Supremely Enlightened One, endowed with wisdom, in conduct auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of devas and men. He will reveal to you the same Eternal Truths which I have taught you. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect and pure; such as I now proclaim.'

'How shall we know him?' asked Ananda. The Buddha replied, 'He will be known as Maitreya which means kindness or friendliness.'

Maha Parranirvana Sutta.

Nothing in this Sutta refers to cataclysmic events, neither a return. Maitreya will replace The Historical Buddha when Dhamma has been forgotten....
Old 26-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'I am not the first Buddha to come upon earth; nor shall I be the last. In due time, another Buddha will arise in this world, a Holy One, a Supremely Enlightened One, endowed with wisdom, in conduct auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of devas and men. He will reveal to you the same Eternal Truths which I have taught you. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect and pure; such as I now proclaim.'

'How shall we know him?' asked Ananda. The Buddha replied, 'He will be known as Maitreya which means kindness or friendliness.'

Maha Parranirvana Sutta.

Nothing in this Sutta refers to cataclysmic events, neither a return. Maitreya will replace The Historical Buddha when Dhamma has been forgotten....

Old 27-10-2019, 03:38 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

Maha Parranirvana Sutta.

Quote:
"If you meet Buddha, kill him. If you meet your father, kill your father. Free of everything, bound by nothing. You live your life simply as it is" - Sanzo (Saiyuki Chapter 19)
Old 30-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:

Maha Parranirvana Sutta.

Hard to believe, but there are more then one Sutta...........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 31-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Newbie ;)

check this out

its all about our own faith