Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
So you never lose sight of it at all? Never get lost in thought etc?

Perhaps we have to differentiate between the state of Being and the focus of attention. The state of Being is always present, even if my focus of attention is elsewhere. All that is required to identify with everything is to pause and Be. Resting in limitless Being is as easy as turning on a light switch when you enter a room.

The mind is still there with all its limitations, and thoughts come and go. But no thought can touch Being. Being is always present and available.

Quote:
Also, do you sometimes sense directly that in looking at another/nature that there is no separation?

It is not a case of looking at another or nature and sensing that there is no separation, it is direct perception. I look at nature and it is all the Self, I look at someone else and it is all the Self. And the body of that someone else is moving in the Self just as my own body moves within the Self. There is no separation anywhere - this has been my reality for over 30 years.

You may ask, who is this I which is looking at nature and other people? It is just localised consciousness, functioning through a particular mind and body.

Quote:
It's some perception shift.

Indeed. I feel an impulse to share what happened back in 1986. Not to say what a spiritual fellow I am, more to say this happened to me, it can happen to any of us. Maybe another day.

Peace.
Old 20-02-2019, 08:05 AM
Master

I have been very fortunate in my life as the 'curtain' has been removed however briefly quite a number of times for me to have had a quick but unmistaken peek behind it.

Let me tell you this. I won't go into a lot of detail.

My wife died ten years ago and after 50 years together it was a terrible blow to have lost her. Four years ago I was with a group of people in Sicily and I had noticed that the old pain of her loss had returned, this because of various moments and scenes with which I was surrounded. I won't go into detail.
However on Mount Etna at the side of the road going up, I was suddenly faced with a situation that brought her memory to the forefront in a way I could never have imagined possible, it lay beyond all explanation and just as suddenly I was again in the centre of the universe - If I can put it that way. It's that moment when the mind opens up and all that is outside one's normal understanding is replaced by another reality.

Once again I saw the whole of everything, open and spread before me with all the interconnections which exist ALL AT THE SAME TIME. There is, I saw, no past, there is only the NOW and in this NOW everything takes place. We define these moments we call time because we have to be able to cope with situations one after another - the understanding I experienced at that moment has once again stayed with me and underlined once again (as so often) that only universal law are valid. I add this just in case you may think that this was some sort of religious or divine intervention in my life. It was simply the curtain being swept aside and triggering a natural response.

Once again I count this as being part of cosmic consciousness a state or condition of which we are not all aware but which, as I know from other people can 'hit' at any time.
Old 20-02-2019, 04:22 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Agreed.

Except I wouldn't call it an experience of unity consciousness, because the nature of any experience is that it has a beginning and an ending.

The realisation of the Self is the realisation of unity consciousness as a permanent unchanging limitless state of Being
, seeing all things as the Self and knowing there is only the Self without separation.

For me, this happened in December 1986 and it has been present ever since, every moment of every day.

Peace.

Thanks, by the way, on the precision of these words
Old 20-02-2019, 04:57 PM
janielee

Quote:
Perhaps we have to differentiate between the state of Being and the focus of attention. The state of Being is always present, even if my focus of attention is elsewhere. All that is required to identify with everything is to pause and Be. Resting in limitless Being is as easy as turning on a light switch when you enter a room.

Thank you. That is the same as me. But in a busy job, in the midst of life, sometimes the thoughts go and the relaxation subsides. It is easier when I am not working. In monasteries/temples, it is natural. But outside, resting is not automatic, although it is getting easier these days again, thank God.

Quote:
The mind is still there with all its limitations, and thoughts come and go. But no thought can touch Being. Being is always present and available.

Ditto with emotion.
I see the adepts as resting in silence though, thoughts arise when needed, but it would be very little if at all. (unless so willed) Same with emotion. I've experienced that state where there is silence, where emotion disappears as soon as it arises - it is true peace, extinguishment of the passions. It's quite unbelievable. But I was self taught and it was...not something I...I let it all arise again. But that taste. It was exactly what teachers like the Buddha said is possible.

Quote:
It is not a case of looking at another or nature and sensing that there is no separation, it is direct perception. I look at nature and it is all the Self, I look at someone else and it is all the Self. And the body of that someone else is moving in the Self just as my own body moves within the Self. There is no separation anywhere - this has been my reality for over 30 years.

Yes, you're right - it is direct perception.

Quote:
You may ask, who is this I which is looking at nature and other people? It is just localised consciousness, functioning through a particular mind and body.

I don't ask. Isn't abiding in the not knowing nice enough?

Quote:
Indeed. I feel an impulse to share what happened back in 1986. Not to say what a spiritual fellow I am, more to say this happened to me, it can happen to any of us. Maybe another day.

Peace.

Please do - I am happy to share too. It is beautiful to meet a traveller.

JL
Old 20-02-2019, 05:03 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I have been very fortunate in my life as the 'curtain' has been removed however briefly quite a number of times for me to have had a quick but unmistaken peek behind it.

Ditto. And yes, it is "unmistaken".

Quote:
Let me tell you this. I won't go into a lot of detail.

I wish you would. I love to hear real experiences - not conjectured, speculated, made up, thought through.

Thanks for sharing what you do already, Busby.

Quote:
My wife died ten years ago and after 50 years together it was a terrible blow to have lost her.

I'm sorry.

Quote:
Four years ago I was with a group of people in Sicily and I had noticed that the old pain of her loss had returned, this because of various moments and scenes with which I was surrounded. I won't go into detail.
However on Mount Etna at the side of the road going up, I was suddenly faced with a situation that brought her memory to the forefront in a way I could never have imagined possible, it lay beyond all explanation and just as suddenly I was again in the centre of the universe - If I can put it that way. It's that moment when the mind opens up and all that is outside one's normal understanding is replaced by another reality.

Yes. Indeed. It's life changing, as you said before. It brooks no doubt. It's interesting...

Quote:
Once again I saw the whole of everything, open and spread before me with all the interconnections which exist ALL AT THE SAME TIME. There is, I saw, no past, there is only the NOW and in this NOW everything takes place. We define these moments we call time because we have to be able to cope with situations one after another - the understanding I experienced at that moment has once again stayed with me and underlined once again (as so often) that only universal law are valid. I add this just in case you may think that this was some sort of religious or divine intervention in my life. It was simply the curtain being swept aside and triggering a natural response.

Indeed...

Quote:
Once again I count this as being part of cosmic consciousness a state or condition of which we are not all aware but which, as I know from other people can 'hit' at any time.

Yes, .. I think that is true. At least from my experience, it hits "at any time". However, I remember my most sustained, more frequent was when I practiced (I use the word practice to mean follow the spiritual guidance that I have been guided to, and adhere to/believe in)

The insights are extraordinary aren't they, Busby? And yet I also recall now that when I meditated for many hours and days, I could utilize my consciousness to "reveal" things to me.

This is why, to my mind, the spiritual "masters" have the capability to - through insight - reveal spiritual truths in their being. It's both unintentional, and for them, intentional, if that makes any sense.

Love

JL
Old 20-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

Out of form/matter it blew right through me and knocked my cosmic socks off.
Living liquid Love and Living liquid Light that I call HOME I was HOME and merged in golden liquid spiritual Light.
Bathing in LOVE ETERNAL.
It was slightly above this dimensional veil were we had our Love affair.
Ruined life as I new it. Like I said it blew right through it/my life it is life itself.
I sit in the dark and I see it glowing behind me. I jump and high five it through the veil.
Then we hug in my chest.
Its silly but we laugh like we have a secret but we know many know about us.
It's the coolest to be in Love with Love.
It sought me I did not seek it.There are many words that try to describe it.
I just say Love for short.
Divine Love, Endless Love, All in ALL, Eternal Love, All knowing, All seeing, Omnipresent.
Some aspects of unconditional Love but different.
Fear banishing Presence. Love Being that gives you night vision.
I could keep going but I would only paint a drop of water of all the seas.
Void busting Love effervescence.
effortlessly excepting and correcting by washing any shame/guilt away.

I use to read some NDEs because they understand.

Stoppit! Are you doing anything in the Poetry section?

Yes, NDErs get it...scroll down to his NDE...I didn't know he passed away
in 2017..for real.
The famous Mellon-Thomas story...

https://www.near-death.com/reincarna...-benedict.html

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-02-2019, 06:59 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Stoppit! Are you doing anything in the Poetry section?

Yes, NDErs get it...scroll down to his NDE...I didn't know he passed away
in 2017..for real.
The famous Mellon-Thomas story...

https://www.near-death.com/reincarna...-benedict.html

Yes to the poetry section.
Unseeking seeker inspires me
to increase my vocabulary
to BE a bee all flowery.

Thanks for the link I will check it out.
Thank you, in all your effervescence.