Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It's all about intention. Both Mother Teresa (I seem to remember) and Lady Diana said the same thing, that you give without doing it for a reward. The intention comes from your vibrations so I suppose you could think of it as an extension of that, doing it because you're a nice person and doing it because you'll get 'positive karma' are two very different things. It's called Kamma-vipaka if you want to Google it.

In mediumship you become a channel and you remove yourself as much as possible from the process, otherwise it become 'tainted' - it's energetic. I'm clairsentient and energy-sensitive and although I 'remove' myself from the process as much as possible I'm never actually apart from it. Inevitably some 'rubs off' and that becomes the reward. I've been told the same thing happens with healing, if you heal someone with the intention of thinking you're clever it 'distorts' the energies.

yeah it's kinda scary I hear some do get sick or even lose their lives thanks to the wrong way of doing it (the healing)...I actually have seen it myself, too...they use up their own energy instead of the infinite one from the Universe without knowing how to recharge it or simply get the disease from the patients without knowing how to handle the bad energies they receive during the healing.
It's one thing to be a healer but quite another to be knowledgeable of how everything works, I guess!! So I kind of leave it all to God I personally don't think as far as you get the right result, everything is OK...because you know, there'll be a karma for everything...that's surely one of the reason why you shouldn't be helping someone unless you are asked in many cases.
Old 15-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Master
When you see an old woman struggling with her suitcase on the stairs, you don't just grab her case and drag up it the stairs; you ask politely, 'Would you like some help with your bag?' Same, you don't walk up and look in people's windows. You go to the front door and allow them to open it for you and let you in if they want to. Seems obvious enough. But then it comes to a 'spiritual' thing and we're like ask the old lady's spirit if you can take her bag, and I just happen to have good eyesight so I can't help looking in your windows.
Old 15-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
yeah it's kinda scary I hear some do get sick or even lose their lives thanks to the wrong way of doing it (the healing)...I actually have seen it myself, too...they use up their own energy instead of the infinite one from the Universe without knowing how to recharge it or simply get the disease from the patients without knowing how to handle the bad energies they receive during the healing.
It's one thing to be a healer but quite another to be knowledgeable of how everything works, I guess!! So I kind of leave it all to God I personally don't think as far as you get the right result, everything is OK...because you know, there'll be a karma for everything...that's surely one of the reason why you shouldn't be helping someone unless you are asked in many cases.
While you say that it's one thing to be a healer and another to be knowledgeable, shouldn't a healer - a real honest-to-goodness healer - have the knowledge before they start healing?

This is where kamma-vipaka - the results of your intention/action - comes in. If you intended to be a true healer then you'd also learn all the knowledge you could find, learn from expert healers... That way the 'result of your intentions' is that you become a true healer and don't put them or yourself in jeopardy because of your actions. If the healing is done the wrong way it's not the energies that are bad, again the energies are a result of their kamma-vipaka. Energy is just energy and nothing more.
Old 15-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
While you say that it's one thing to be a healer and another to be knowledgeable, shouldn't a healer - a real honest-to-goodness healer - have the knowledge before they start healing?

Yeah, I meant some are happy with the power/ability they've got and are not necessarily aware of where it come from...they are just happy as long as it's working and don't take a look at a bigger picture which allows them to perform such action....
and a real honest-to-goodness may need certain confirmation from the others, can't be the self-appointed one! This may be what we've been talking about anyway. For example, I'm free to call myself an honest person, but if certain others disagree, what can I do?

I get what you're saying in the latter part, Thanks for your clarification.
Old 15-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Thank you. I can relate to the childhood suppression. I feel like learning and developing is part of a self-acceptance path I’m on, and I feel like it’s important in trying to be authentically “me.”

Suppression often means so much of you will arise to notice and see who you truly are, so there is lots of experimentation about how to be this ‘authentic me’. Trial and error often ensue. The greatest gift to yourself is acceptance and self reflection ongoing. I developed self reflection early on in my process, through everything coming back at me, not to give up, but to learn and know there is always more, once you let go, develop a deeper understanding on how to be you and be in the world with others. Opening up everything when your exploring, not aware of the implications until you walk through, can be harsh and the key is, try not to repeat those first lessons in life, where you let others and the world have you fear to be you, develop skewed emotions and confusion. As a child we are tamed and conditioned by others views and emotional projections. As the adult we are rediscovering who we can be beyond this.

In many ways, those aspects of you that seek expression, often assist others in some way. The shared space serves more than you alone. Sometimes the reactionary one towards your discoveries and excitement to let things be known in you, can be aware of something for them. I think explaining yourself to them in what’s happening for you, can bridge those reactions and give them permission to be curious about your discoveries. People protect themselves in all manner of ways. It’s ok they do, but when people come together there is much moving through that shared space than just. “It’s just not ethical”. There is a reason you choose each other. There is an alignment that goes much deeper than just physical reasons about right and wrong. People don’t always consider alignment to negative reflections and openings in others. Openness is part of the true self. Otherwise your containing yourself and placing limitations in yourself. Over time learning as you open, to include those reflections, develops an awareness of others in your shared space.

You no longer contain yourself in every way you are and your presence goes where it’s needed.

The world can be hard on sensitive people. It’s soul crushing at times. For the inner child it remembers. For the adult it has to build resilience to not give up, fall again.

I’ve worked very hard to find myself in the world again. Recently I arrived at a beautiful place of freedom in myself. It felt very balanced and I felt clear in my feelings around others projecting.The very next day I was confronted with a narcissist, who had no empathy or care whatsoever. She did t budge..:) I was kicked down by her energy and demands about ten times in the space of fifteen minutes. I came to witness how my sensitivity felt, I was internally dying deep as her pain hit my clarity. It was quite horrendous. I made it through and realised the universe brought us together as two extremes. I felt myself fall through lifetimes of suffering through her. I felt it all in myself and let go. I hugged her in her pain body and said goodbye. I then collapsed and wept deep. Not so long after I managed to recover and see her and myself clearly. She was a gift to see my heart, my care, my loving kind nature, my sensitivity, my vulnerability, me stripped bare to feel and see it all Through her. Stripped bare to see why I once shut down and feared to be me. The beautiful soft gentle sensitivity that feels the world deeply, I now value deeply in me.

Last edited by JustBe : 15-02-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old 16-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Greenslade

Old 18-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Not sure if this is posted in the right forum. I’ll be glad to move it if needed.

Recently I’ve started exploring my intuitive abilities and have been reading people to whom I’m close. I was really growing in my ability. Then one of my dear friends told me it’s unethical to do this unless I have the person’s explicit permission. I had never considered this before. Now my development in this area has come to a screeching halt.

Can anyone share their views on this? If I have infringed on people’s privacy in doing this, I truly am very sorry! I would never share what I have discovered or do it for personal gain...
After practicing transcendental meditation for about 1 year and eating “vegetarian” and living a “hermits” life, 18 years ago, I started getting “unwanted” ideas/messages about people.

Several times I got ideas/messages that the cashier was dishonest when entering a store.
1 time I got the idea/message about a relatives dead, who died the next week.

And after many more unwanted messages I started to change my lifestyle starting in 2005 after receiving a vague message about my mother who died after a couple of days doing the hajj in Saudi- Arabia.
Old 19-02-2019, 11:42 PM
Newbie ;)

As I see it is an extense of your senses and therefor I think it is by itself not something unethical. It becomes unethical depending on what you do with it or if it is 'rude'. To explain better what I mean I will give you an example, like sight. You cant help to see people that are walking past you on the street for example. Everyone looks over to the other party coming across them on the street. Just a quick glare is normal, however if one of the two is staring for too long it becomes instrusive and is therefor a problem. Also if you pick up on something, intentionally or not, keep it to yourself and share it with them only if you know them on a sufficient level. Or just ask how they are doing and then from what they say you can perhaps deduce if your reading was correct. Then you are still training yourself and you also have respect for their privacy.
Old 20-02-2019, 01:08 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroh_94
As I see it is an extense of your senses and therefor I think it is by itself not something unethical. It becomes unethical depending on what you do with it or if it is 'rude'. To explain better what I mean I will give you an example, like sight. You cant help to see people that are walking past you on the street for example. Everyone looks over to the other party coming across them on the street. Just a quick glare is normal, however if one of the two is staring for too long it becomes instrusive and is therefor a problem. Also if you pick up on something, intentionally or not, keep it to yourself and share it with them only if you know them on a sufficient level. Or just ask how they are doing and then from what they say you can perhaps deduce if your reading was correct. Then you are still training yourself and you also have respect for their privacy.
This is definitely the most sensible approach.