Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Master

I would have thought the Nazis and all the bat**** craziness they were into, with the Thule society and whatnot, would have been a perfectly adequate example for New Age ideas gone wrong. They were also heavily influenced by Theosophy. Just the fact that you can't use swastikas or the term aryan in their proper context shows the damage half-baked New Age ideas can do. I myself like to stick to Old Age sources and try not to misinterpret them.
Old 18-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There have been cultish new age pseudo-hippy movements, maybe like maybe like the Heavens Gate; Osho's 'orange people' were pretty mad; Oum Shinrikyo in Japan, which is a Buddhist derivative; The Manson Family, of course... so many. I could list several Christian based groups which were/are just as bad or worse - so you know - 'the log in your eye', 'glasshouses', 'cast the first stone' and all that.

Yes I agree, and on the whole like all spiritual movements, there are the exception where one person will refer to them self as a God or almighty guru or "THE" Jesus from old, etc etc. And set up a small cult.

BUT yes the majority of all others are pretty much loving movements...I think you get my drift, and as you mentioned DISCERNMENT is necessary.
Ta.
Old 18-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Yes I agree, and on the whole like all spiritual movements, there are the exception where one person will refer to them self as a God or almighty guru or "THE" Jesus from old, etc etc. And set up a small cult.

BUT yes the majority of all others are pretty much loving movements...I think you get my drift, and as you mentioned DISCERNMENT is necessary.
Ta.

Yes. People are generally kind and loving, but not always, and there is no end to the depths of human love or their cruelty, so all of this emerges in spiritual followings of all sorts, including Christianity, because they are man made - not divine - and each person has to become aware of their true motives, and discern upon virtues such as love, empathy, compassion, generosity and other beneficial merits.
Old 18-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Guide
New age is about healing. There is no Devil.

In new age, Devil is a boring concept who doesn’t know about healing.
Old 19-01-2019, 01:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You basically have to look through an 'evil shaped lens' to see abomination in the new age, and actually, new age spirituality comes with the good and the bad as does Christianity and the other religions.

For example, I could refer the readers to the many atrocities perpetuated by churches and their representatives and claim Christianity is evil in exactly the same way as SimpleMan does the New Age, with just as much validity or lack thereof.

My way is very different because I emanate love for all things and take the good and the bad with the same mindful equanimity, and just try to do what is for the best.

Wow Gem! For a person that claimed in the past that he is not spiritual, you sound pretty darn spiritual with your comments on how you emanate from love. :-) Its a great way to be!

However, I did not see simple man provide any "evil" actions perpetrated by the "New Age". Perhaps he thinks the beliefs in and of themselves are evil which is his prerogative. I will definitely ask him about that some more as he was evasive in his last post when I asked him.
Old 19-01-2019, 01:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
The new age teachings.... It's not strange that on a christian sub-forum there is more stuff about the new age than about the Word of God? It's like you all want to promote your agenda, why don't you do it on the muslim forum too? I wonder.

Christianity is the main target, not the muslim religion.

As far as a christian sub-forum, this is not the "fundamental christian" sub forum or the "traditional christian" sub forum but the "christian" sub forum. Many things are discussed such as the gospel of thomas, the dead sea scrolls, the gnostic gospels etc. that traditional or fundamental christians do not believe in.

What I find strange is that you don't answer my question but instead deflect with unrelated questions and questionable unrelated conclusions. That indicates that you have no evidence at all that the new age is evil.

I once again ask:

How do you know them (e.g. "new age" or whatever) to be evil? What standards do you use and are you able to back it up with evidence?
Old 19-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
As far as a christian sub-forum, this is not the "fundamental christian" sub forum or the "traditional christian" sub forum but the "christian" sub forum. Many things are discussed such as the gospel of thomas, the dead sea scrolls, the gnostic gospels etc. that traditional or fundamental christians do not believe in.

What I find strange is that you don't answer my question but instead deflect with unrelated questions and questionable unrelated conclusions. That indicates that you have no evidence at all that the new age is evil.

I once again ask:

How do you know them (e.g. "new age" or whatever) to be evil? What standards do you use and are you able to back it up with evidence?

So now we have... traditional christians, the ones you call fundamental and modern christians, this is what I call division, nice work Satan.You know what's the difference between traditional and modern christians? The traditional christians stay true to the Word of God.

I have already gave you my answer and not only to you, it's you who are not able to understand it because you don't want to hear it and to open your eyes to it.

What standard can I use other than the Word of God and common sense? The new age teachings have only one goal, remove the God of the Bible and make man to be God.
Old 19-01-2019, 03:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
So now we have... traditional christians, the ones you call fundamental and modern christians, this is what I call division, nice work Satan.

I'm glad you admitted that its your personal call but that doesn't make it the truth. Its merely your opinion

Quote:
You know what's the difference between traditional and modern christians? The traditional christians stay true to the Word of God.

There are so many contradictions in the bible and so many different interpretations. There are also many disagreements about what is literal and what is metaphorical. Anyone can take that book and make a case that their interpretation is "correct" and point to verses that support them like the snake handling cults etc. but thats missing the point. IMO, the whole point of the bible is to ascend to a compassionate Christ like status, nothing more nothing less and not about creating word filled doctrines of obedience.

Also, the bible is the word of humans that some say were inspired by God, not the word of God in and of itself. That makes the bible fallible given the "filters" humans have. Many also think that the journey is about a feeling of escalating compassion instead of an obeisance to words.

Quote:
I have already gave you my answer and not only to you, it's you who are not able to understand it because you don't want to hear it and to open your eyes to it.

You may have given your answer to others (I have not had the time to research all of your historical postings) but you have not given the answer to me. I do wish to hear it and attempt to understand it, but I can't guarantee that I will believe it.

Quote:
What standard can I use other than the Word of God and common sense? The new age teachings have only one goal, remove the God of the Bible and make man to be God

The new age is not a un-movable doctrinal set of beliefs but a very dynamic ever changing and evolving way to be guided by love and compassion. I have never seen a "stated goal" of removing the God of the Bible and making man to be God. Please provide a documentation reference on that if you wish to make that kind of exaggerated claim

That said, many in the new age believe we are more than just flesh and bones and at our core we have a soul essence that is created by and is a part of God. The flesh and bones is just "window dressing". I think that Christians believe in the same thing.

The major difference between new age and christian is that many new agers dismiss the idea of punishing, dysfunctional God that sends you to hell for all eternity.
Old 19-01-2019, 03:37 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Seazen quote:
many new agers dismiss the idea of punishing, dysfunctional God that sends you to hell for all eternity.

Many new ager's that I have witnessed do some pretty weird stuff in the name of spirituality.
They also worship some pretty weird things in my experience.
Many seemed to be searching for the Love of their Creator but get pulled into a flaky direction and end up cultish.
Hell? you should research hell of the Bible before dismissing it.
Old 19-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Many new ager's that I have witnessed do some pretty weird stuff in the name of spirituality.
They also worship some pretty weird things in my experience.
Many seemed to be searching for the Love of their Creator but get pulled into a flaky direction and end up cultish.

The "cultish" folk can be found in every religion and spiritual path on the planet e.g. the christian "snake handlers". Judging a spiritual path by its sparse fringe cultish elements isn't wise.

Quote:
Hell? you should research hell of the Bible before dismissing it

Thats like saying I should research "jack and beanstalk" for plants that can grow to the heights of the clouds before dismissing it. The point being books of words do not provide evidence.

IMO, when it comes to things spiritual, one must use common sense based on love and compassion to discern what is true or not and my discernment in that regard tells me that the creator of the Universe is not some petty, dysfunctional, jealous tyrant ready to banish you to a hell of unspeakable torment for an eternity if you don't obey him.