Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Master
Cleaning Crystals, literally

I don't mean cleansing energy, but literally cleaning a crystal.
Not always easy to decide how to do it or what to use.

I have a tumbled jade that I had taped to my neck a while ago. Unfortunately the glue from the tape stuck to the jade and I couldn't get it of. Never had problems with the tape in the past, I suspect they changed the glue?
I put it away and forgot about it, tonight picked it up, and dang! A thick white sticky layer of glue.
Now what? I wanted it of, no matter what, I couldn't use the crystal like this.
Tried with my fingers, nope. Tried a scrubbing sponge with detergent, nothing. Then I decided drastic measures: scrape it off with a knife. I figured better risk some scratches than use chemical glue solvent. So a sharp knife it was. It worked!
The last thin bits and pieces I could rub off on my jeans. Done, clean crystal again! And... as far as I can tell, not a scratch on it.
Not using this tape on my stones anymore.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Knower

I know this sounds a bit silly but if you have a steam cleaner - you could try using that. Although saying that, I have a Labradorite wand that I once took in the bathroom and the steam/condensation weakened it and it snapped in half. However I glued it back together with super-strength glue and it's still quite strong but I suppose the glue negates some of the crystal's energy...I don't really know
Old 07-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Master
thank goodness your jade made it through unscathed! well I have not done a lot of experimenting with this method but I know it works a charm for some things, so it might be helpful for a lot of sticky crystal situations. essential oils might work. sometimes they might do it all alone but they also might need a carrier oil like sunflower, grapeseed, olive, coconut oil etc.. however using oils on crystals sometimes changes them and many might advise against i but I personally like how it's changed some for me, like making turquoise deeper in tone and resistant to rusting or whitening. it will be bad for some crystals though like I've washed and used oil on fuchsite and that made it harder green instead of fluffyish shiny white. anywayss I use essential oils on myself a lot so I often have oil on my hands. but for anyone unfamiliar, essential oils and carrier or other oils have completely different properties and essential oils are unique and not oily per se, almost closer to a consistency of alcohol than oil though of course they're neither. the oiliness is from the carrier oils I use as they're my moisturizer/lotion and lip gloss etc..

You may've heard of orange oil being used to remove sticky stuff and there are some store products that contain that as the main ingredient too.

I'd be interested to learn if anybody here has experience with both oils and crystals and finds conjunction of them beneficial.. I know they both carry some sort of divine soul essence in them
Old 07-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
thank goodness your jade made it through unscathed! well I have not done a lot of experimenting with this method but I know it works a charm for some things, so it might be helpful for a lot of sticky crystal situations. essential oils might work. sometimes they might do it all alone but they also might need a carrier oil like sunflower, grapeseed, olive, coconut oil etc.. however using oils on crystals sometimes changes them and many might advise against i but I personally like how it's changed some for me, like making turquoise deeper in tone and resistant to rusting or whitening. it will be bad for some crystals though like I've washed and used oil on fuchsite and that made it harder green instead of fluffyish shiny white. anywayss I use essential oils on myself a lot so I often have oil on my hands. but for anyone unfamiliar, essential oils and carrier or other oils have completely different properties and essential oils are unique and not oily per se, almost closer to a consistency of alcohol than oil though of course they're neither. the oiliness is from the carrier oils I use as they're my moisturizer/lotion and lip gloss etc..

You may've heard of orange oil being used to remove sticky stuff and there are some store products that contain that as the main ingredient too.

I'd be interested to learn if anybody here has experience with both oils and crystals and finds conjunction of them beneficial.. I know they both carry some sort of divine soul essence in them
Gosh, I completely didn't think of that!
So if you'd use it to get rid of something sticky you use a citrus based essential oil always with carrier oil or pure essential?
I don't easily do things like that, including the scraping with a sponge or knife, but as it was there wasn't much to lose anymore, one side of the jade was totally covered with a thick white layer of glue. In any other case I would not have done it, and I figured a few scratches would be better than using horribly chemical sticker remover.
But oil... why didn't I think of that, doh...
Old 07-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Experiencer

Generic cooking oil or alcohol will remove plaster glue!
Old 07-12-2018, 11:44 PM
Master
Thank you, FruitLoop!! I'll remember that for sure.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Master
oh yeah alcohol could be a solution too, good addition FruitLoop. FairyCrystal honestly I would just experiment with using the pure essential oil alone or variations with a carrier oil. and citrus oils are usually inexpensive and known for this purpose so it's a great choice but I think that a lot of essential oils have a similar 'solvent' type of activity. You could also try mixing the essential oils with soap too. I know what you mean, I would think a few potential scratches would be better than leaving the ooky substance on the crystal lol. I have a lot of crystals that need to be washed and I know at least a few are stickyish so I'll be experimenting sooner than later. I love jade, wish I knew where these jade beads I was given went! I suppose the amount of crystals I lose is in relation to the massive amount I have lol otherwise I'd fear they are running away from me a lot.. I do believe that they go away when they feel it is necessary or something though.. sorry that's not on topic but do you think or know so too? I'm guessing there are threads about that already here but wondering about your opinion or insight into it. I have a little crystal crush on you if that is a thing.. lol jk but I find you to be respectable and admirable on the subject
Old 30-03-2021, 06:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Crystal for everybody? Or just anything like this?
Old 30-03-2021, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
oh yeah alcohol could be a solution too, good addition FruitLoop. FairyCrystal honestly I would just experiment with using the pure essential oil alone or variations with a carrier oil. and citrus oils are usually inexpensive and known for this purpose so it's a great choice but I think that a lot of essential oils have a similar 'solvent' type of activity. You could also try mixing the essential oils with soap too. I know what you mean, I would think a few potential scratches would be better than leaving the ooky substance on the crystal lol. I have a lot of crystals that need to be washed and I know at least a few are stickyish so I'll be experimenting sooner than later. I love jade, wish I knew where these jade beads I was given went! I suppose the amount of crystals I lose is in relation to the massive amount I have lol otherwise I'd fear they are running away from me a lot.. I do believe that they go away when they feel it is necessary or something though.. sorry that's not on topic but do you think or know so too? I'm guessing there are threads about that already here but wondering about your opinion or insight into it. I have a little crystal crush on you if that is a thing.. lol jk but I find you to be respectable and admirable on the subject
Oh dear, I totally missed this! I'm so sorry!

Crystals disappearing... 'They' say that this happens when you don't need it anymore, but in 11 years of working with all kinds of crystals, now having over 300, I only have 1 crystal that always disappears. It only turns up when I move house, as soon as I move in the new home it disappears again, hihi.
Narks me, but yeah... I can't find it and I've lived here for 8+ years now.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't really believe in that story, although I don't completely dismiss it either.
What I notice with my crystals is that sometimes I don't need them, but then months, or years, later I suddenly do again.
Over the years I have sold a few things, most of the time I regretted it later as I suddenly felt I could've done with them.
Maybe you just need another system where you put your crystals if it happens regularly.

For instance, I put the more masculine and fiery crystals in one room. The feminine, watery ones in another. I also put them in a certain direction if they're points/wands. I have not gotten clear why it is that direction, it's not necessarily the same in each room/cupboard.
So I don't mix up crystals that I feel shouldn't really be close to one another. Which doesn't mean they have to be a room apart. Just a little distance, not right next to each other, usually is enough.
So in a way I kind of group them, pair them etc. I just follow my intuition.

Maybe if you do something similar they'll stop disappearing? Beads I put in a small bowl or shot glass.
Also, I make an effort to have all my crystals in daylight as they need light.