Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 01-11-2018, 07:24 PM
Master
No I do not believe in a single creator god, some big guy who has a conscious plan and idea to “create” stuff and time lines and what not. I do believe in “lesser” gods and goddesses in other realms, but all are, including us and all life part of the same source. But that source isn’t some creator god of religion nor is it a person.. My beliefs concerning ‘god’ and deities here probably align best with Jainism and Buddhism..
Old 03-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Newbie ;)

I believe in a god in the sense that I believe in some sort of creator of the universe, if I had to categorize myself I would probably align best with Deism. I am very open to all sorts of religions and my beliefs could definitely change, but for now I would simply describe my religious beliefs as a belief in some sort of higher energy.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:00 PM
ImthatIm

Along time ago I had to ask the one question. Do you exist God? And there was a small but meaningful, revealing, experience over days and it was of course, of a selfish nature that could help self because I was full of self and spiraling down.
But that crack in my self was enough like a fire to a fuse. Slowly over time.
I need only to have you answer this, does LOVE exist? Are you sure? Have you ever wanted more? Find the source of Love.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:52 AM
Master
Does God exist?

Who is asking?

Who?

Find the who ...

The question is answered!

Old 05-12-2018, 06:00 AM
Knower

I believe in God but not what religion teaches about God.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Newbie ;)

god created earth and heaven
Old 12-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Pathfinder

I don't just believe there is a God,I know there is.
For all who believe in Ghost and spirits and know that they are invisible then why can't you believe that there is a God?God is a spirit and you don't see him and the air is invisible but it is there.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Newbie ;)

My answer right now is no. I think it's still too vague of a question. I don't even know what he/it/she is let alone if he/it/she exists. I do not have a reason to believe in elusive things unless they provide me pragmatic value. Instead I believe in other things that are a little better defined to do this.

I do think that most beliefs in God, either do so through faith or find reason by attributing more clearly defined phenomenon to him/it/her. That's how I see it. I do believe however that God is a great and powerful conceptual tool. History has seemed to show this.

If we choose to see God as the grand, undifferentiated totality of all existence, and his creation as the differentiated pieces, then I can see how that is a neat thing to believe, but the word God itself is very diverse in meaning. Even within one religious sect, the specific details will vary from one individual to another in at least some way, even the image in one's mind and the attached personified features and personality are different from one person to the next. For this reason I think it's best to stay away from the word God altogether.

Instead of using it as a catch-all term, or a begging-the-question sort of explanation to the mysteries in life, to me it seems more sensible to leave it as a mystery for the time being, and in terms of analyzing the ontological framework, do so with words that are a little more precise, as we are fortunate enough to have this alternative option available to us.

But if you happen to believe in, and know God exists, then all power to you and I'm happy for you.

Last edited by taoistscholar_v2 : 13-02-2019 at 12:38 AM.