Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 11-07-2011, 07:15 AM
primrose

Rivendoah, I'm sorry you've experienced that. I hav'nt personally met anyone who is evil or even bad. I do believe that what goes around comes around, that evil deeds don't go unpunished.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 AM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
How do you deal with Evil in your life? Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice? Exactly how do you deal with people who are are bad/wicked/evil? And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

(I know Evil is a strong word. And you may not believe in it's existence. For the purpose of Philosophical Conversation I suggest you dismiss the label entirely and replace it with Bad or Wicked or etc.)

I think that losing without anger is better than winning with it. If the good must die out, and the evil succeed, then their punishment is living in a world of evil. Like the british in india, the evil are looking for result, they are looking for a sign of your suffering to indicate that they are successful.

To approach evil behaviour with non-violent non-cooperation. They can beat you, slash you, burn you - but you don't lift a fist to them. Let them win, let them create a world of torment, let them build hell around themselves. Evil always creates the illusion that the doer is the force behind it, every person who is evil feels like a center of power - when they meet another evil being they may realize there is no escape from subordinate feeling in anger and evil - which is what most evil individuals are trying to escape from.

Always remember that evil is stupidity, and so is anger, and so is rage, and so is punishment. but when you see injustice it is just your job to say 'Look! I can see injustice' and call it out to everyone you can find.

humility, modesty, compassion, understanding. evil is not a type of person, it is a quality people can have - so when you are face to face with evil, talk to the person, ignore the evil like a stupid child.
Old 15-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Guide
I believe that Good & Evil are just modes through which we express ourselves. First of all, we are Human after all. I mean to say that we are not perfect and we all have our vices. Though I believe that actions that can be considered "Evil" can be used by all around "Good" People. What I mean really is that, for example, in a "Good" or Virtuous Society, Murderers should not be tolerated. And I believe that locking them up and keeping them alive is a problem, because I believe that they continue to, (while alive), have an impact on the Collective (Un)Consciousness of Humanity. So I believe Evil must at times be fought with what might be considered an Evil as well: The Death Sentence.

That's just one example. And in itself it's an argument for Capital Punishment. But what I'm saying is beyond that debate. I'm simply making the case for a balance, a balance for Good & Evil. You really can't have one without the other.

I see the balance like this: Holding one of your hands in a fist and the other hand grasping that fist. Sometimes you've got to use that fist, ("Evil"). And the other times you've got to use that palm, ("Good"). The two hands together make a balance.

I'm making the case for that you can use Evil for the Greater Good, if you know how to properly apply the Balance of both Good & Evil.
Old 15-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Guide
Another example would be killing animals for food. I think that killing any being is an act of Evil. But for the Greater Good that animal becomes our food and nourishes us.
Old 17-07-2011, 04:22 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Rather than create a 'good/evil' structure, i evaluate the consequences of a situation and add sufficient energy to re-balance the consequences.. this process can be gentle or harsh, but i am only interested in neutral.. not in revenge or punishment, though neutral might include isolating harmful behaviors from those that could be harmed..

Be well..
Old 18-07-2011, 01:08 AM
spiritmonk

Quote:
How do you deal with Evil in your life? Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice? Exactly how do you deal with people who are are bad/wicked/evil? And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

(I know Evil is a strong word. And you may not believe in it's existence. For the purpose of Philosophical Conversation I suggest you dismiss the label entirely and replace it with Bad or Wicked or etc.)

For this conversation, I'm going to say that "evil" is a person/energy that is overly and overtly negative. I'm going to break this down into three categories.

First, everyday interaction (office/family/friend).

While we can try to avoid having friends that are negative, sometimes we cannot avoid it with family, and we sure cannot avoid it at work. What I try to do with these situations is to understand the person.

I strongly believe that people/souls simply want to be understood. When they are not, they act out in frustration, so I try to place myself in their position to have an understanding of what they may be feeling and doing.

This usually helps me relate to them and what may be causing them to act out.

Second, casual interaction (out in public)

Again, I try to see myself with them and the need to be understood; however, we are at a disadvantage because we do not know what else is going on in this persons life. We may be the target of some aggression because they reached their limit after their son did something, or they may have suffered a break from reality - we don't know.

So, try to understand what they are doing and why based on observation and respect them as much as possible, plus I use my gut to guide me as well. This is what will tell me "we need to be careful here"

Third, physical aggression/danger

In the rare situation where I am in physical danger I remove myself from the situation (and those I care for). When physical harm is in the mix, there is no time for understanding as it is for self preservation.

After the danger has subsided then I will recap the situation to determine if there was something I missed or could have done differently.

In the end, I try to operate from a position of respect and understanding. That usually eliminates any major issues with evil or negativity for me.

As for punishment, that is a topic "above my pay-grade" as it were. ;-)

With Love,
Spirit Monk
Old 18-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Enlightener

Why does punishment incur some form of 'rightness' to someone who has committed, say, a murder. Was the murder not enough of a punishment for that person, must they be continually extracted to the point where they have no reason to live? To live with the past in such a way is surely punishment enough for such an action.

I see Good/Evil in a similar perspective as hot/cold. It's just a function of the universe, and applies solely on your perception. For one, something that a person does may be considered good, such as killing an animal for food. For another, this may be considered evil, and that person may even seek to punish the action of the other, for they are stuck in right and wrong, another perception in duality.

Is it not that in winter you turn on the heater because it is cold, and in summer, to turn on that same heater would be craziness.

It's all perception. It's not a fundamental of the universe, it's mind-stuff. And because we live in the duality of the physical, it will always be there, albeit within the perceptions of those around us. It also depends on where you are coming from, are you coming from duality consciousness, or are you expressing something more unified?

I also noticed that some of the posters here were referring anger to evil. What? Anger is not evil, anger is just anger. It's a natural emotion that we have as human beings. Does a dog not become angry, or a wolf? What about children, they express anger.

So, it is the way that the anger is expressed that becomes something that is 'evil', or what have you. It is not anger itself that is evil. And in and of itself, it is purely natural to feel angry sometimes.

The idea of emotional purity can either disrupt your evolution or enhance it, it depends on where you are coming from again, if you seek to 'remove' certain emotions from your consciousness, it will come up in other areas in your life. You were given the five natural emotions for a reason. Use them, they are great tools, use them as the highest expression of yourself that you can envision.

blessings,

e
Old 10-07-2018, 05:39 AM
Experiencer

I believe that evil must be eradicated on Earth. But all is the will of God.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Knower

Quote:

I don't think anyone is pure bad/wicked/evil I think all human beings can operate from love/divine conciousness/however you wish to say it or operate from fear/anger/greed/negative emotion/ego. Most people do both; some lean to either side. How I deal with people that operate from almost solely a negative place with them is to see a hurting child underneath where they were treated so poorly at points in childhood that they felt they needed to operate from this place. Calling them evil and hating them only spreads and manifests more hate and darkness in this world. It dosn't help anyone recover...

You might find it beneficial to find that alot of people deemed evil were severely abused sexually physically mentally etc as young children. I believe they mimic their abusers to regain a sense of power that was lost or to shield themselves from further harm by choosing to be the one who is doing the hurting rather than recieving it. It's a twisted subconcious logic but it stems from very early on; children are very vulnerable and are very often direct products of their environment. If you can see the child in their eyes I think it'll help you see clearer.

Also important to note; when I was operating my own life out of fear; feeling like a victim, feeling vulnerable, not trusting in the universe to bring good people or situations into my life I attracted alot of what could be considered "evil" now feeling certain the universe wishes to only teach me and is trying to show me how to live in alignment with my highest good, trusting, and feeling safe, and cared for no matter what happens I attract much better energy. It's really a matter of your perspective and changing that to where you are helping yourself and experiencing a world in alignment with those beliefs. It's difficult and a process but it works wonders.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Experiencer
Evil is best left ignored, that's the wisest way to deal with it.