Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-12-2017, 12:24 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduptheRoad

Why play the world is ending game when you may have never truley lived.

Aboard their own mothership-cool
Old 09-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Master
"Then there will be great tribulation, such as the world hasn't seen, nor will ever see again."
Jesus
Mathew 24:21

The "program" is writ. The conclusion is impending.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Then there will be great tribulation, such as the world hasn't seen, nor will ever see again."
Jesus
Mathew 24:21

The "program" is writ. The conclusion is impending.

Buddy. ..go back and look at the history of the last 1000 years.....there's been periods of waaaay more tribulations then we have today!

I actually think we are living in a golden age right now!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 12-12-2017, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Buddy. ..go back and look at the history of the last 1000 years.....there's been periods of waaaay more tribulations then we have today!

I actually think we are living in a golden age right now!

Thanks for sharing your thought. Deluded as it may be.
I quoted scripture to you, from the Lord Himself.

This is a thread in the "Religion and Faiths" Sub Forum.

Your right though regarding the penchant of humanity, and regarding human nature. Evident in history.
Today though, we have high tech, "toys".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your thought. Deluded as it may be.
I quoted scripture to you, from the Lord Himself.

This is a thread in the "Religion and Faiths" Sub Forum.

Your right though regarding the penchant of humanity, and regarding human nature. Evident in history.
Today though, we have high tech, "toys".

I am aware that this is posted in the "general religion" section....and are you aware that not everyone here prescribes to "Christian dogma" and has a different spiritual view point??

......In what way is it deluded??? And the the fact that we live in a golden age of prosperity and peace doesn't necessarily have to do with "high tech toys"

In spite of what you see on TV we live in extremely peaceful times now compared to centuries ago....people live far longer and and are far healthier on average than at anytime in human history.

Unlike centuries ago when all wealth was concentrated in the hands of a very few lords and kings....every one else was a destitute peasant starving and sick and lucky to live much past 30 years old and maybe 2 out of 5 children made it past there first or second birthday......almost everyone in the world these days....even the very poor have a place to live, modern healthcare and food to eat and the chance to live to ripe old age and have fulfilling lives......not so in centuries past!

Why?? Because these days we take care of our poor to an extent never known before in the history of human civilization.

Today almost everyone in the world has the opportunity to receive an education and to go as far in life and do as much as we care to strive for....not so in days of old!!!!

So yes....we live in a golden age....and like any golden age it may not be perfect and might have a few ills......but it is a golden age none the less.

Old 15-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Master

Lucky 1 Please stop being so positive about things, you are spoiling the day for some people. My aunty May for instance, she's been convinced a couple of times that the world is coming to an end and even went up onto a mountain with lots of others to partake in the glory of being right. So spouting positive stuff will only get her worked up.
Any Armageddon will come too late for me if things go on like this (not getting on with it I mean). I'm old so it'll maybe help me to get to those pearly gates quicker than would be normal. (Assuming that I'll get as far).
The point is that I've had a very good life and although I'm on my own now I still love to get out of bed in the mornings. This morning (I'm sorry to say) the sky was a lovely blue and the whole land was covered in fresh snow. It looked lovely and once again I realised how lucky I am and how lucky I have been. Aunty May wouldn't have been pleased.
Had there been an earthquake and a couple of plane crashes or maybe even a mass shooting somewhere then aunty May's day would have started off better than mine.
There are a couple of things that seriuosly trouble me though, especially now it's edging towards Christmas and the season of goodwill and so on. That's the pictures and reports everywhere of destruction and death, of famine and despair of people unloved and unwanted through no fault of their own. Victims of guns and bombs made to a great extent in (dare I say it) professed Christian countries by people who for a few days will be putting down their armament-making tools to raise a joyous glass to the meaning of the season. The coming plan in all those countries is of course to make bigger and better bombs in 2018, and nowhere, not in Canterbury, Rome, New York or anywhere else does anyone stand up and say STOP.

Let's bring peace and prosperity and freedom to the afflicted nations of the Earth by BOMBING them. That'll do the trick. They'll all think it's Armageddon, brought on by themselves by not following the GOOD NEWS.
Old 17-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
I am aware that this is posted in the "general religion" section....and are you aware that not everyone here prescribes to "Christian dogma" and has a different spiritual view point??

......In what way is it deluded??? And the the fact that we live in a golden age of prosperity and peace doesn't necessarily have to do with "high tech toys"

In spite of what you see on TV we live in extremely peaceful times now compared to centuries ago....people live far longer and and are far healthier on average than at anytime in human history.

Unlike centuries ago when all wealth was concentrated in the hands of a very few lords and kings....every one else was a destitute peasant starving and sick and lucky to live much past 30 years old and maybe 2 out of 5 children made it past there first or second birthday......almost everyone in the world these days....even the very poor have a place to live, modern healthcare and food to eat and the chance to live to ripe old age and have fulfilling lives......not so in centuries past!

Why?? Because these days we take care of our poor to an extent never known before in the history of human civilization.

Today almost everyone in the world has the opportunity to receive an education and to go as far in life and do as much as we care to strive for....not so in days of old!!!!

So yes....we live in a golden age....and like any golden age it may not be perfect and might have a few ills......but it is a golden age none the less.

Depends mainly on location. Yes? You're speaking, largely, of free western countries which have progressed, flourished and prospered due to freedoms advocated, and allowed, by Christian minded leaders and thought.

When you find a food pantry or soup kitchen, caring for the poor, who do you usually find it sponsored and hosted by, in America?

Old 18-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Depends mainly on location. Yes? You're speaking, largely, of free western countries which have progressed, flourished and prospered due to freedoms advocated, and allowed, by Christian minded leaders and thought.

When you find a food pantry or soup kitchen, caring for the poor, who do you usually find it sponsored and hosted by, in America?

Although... it would be a mistake to specifically cite
one country, or even hemisphere.
Wouldn't it.

"Buddy".

Old 18-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Although... it would be a mistake to specifically cite
one country, or even hemisphere.
Wouldn't it.

"Buddy".

I never said anything about western countries or any one country in particular.

Excepting some really bad places...North Korea pops into my mind immediately.... humans as a rule are doing better and are better off now then at any time in history since our species crawled from the primordial ooze 200,000 years ago in western Africa.

I include third world countries in this......and I've traveled to a bunch of them...

So back to the subject of this thread.....if tribulations are the yard stick you use to predict the end.....we've already passed up the worst of times humans have experienced a looong time ago!

Old 21-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
So back to the subject of this thread.....if tribulations are the yard stick you use to predict the end.....we've already passed up the worst of times humans have experienced a looong time ago!
I love the positivity. With regards to individual belief, I've often said we have a choice in every moment: believe the best, or believe the worst. I believe the best because why would anyone freely choose to believe the worst?