Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 06-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Pathfinder
I'd like to get started up with yoga to help me.

That video you posted #23 Kris looks like it could be really beneficial thanks!
Old 15-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Master

You're welcome. Hope it helps you.
Old 17-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

First of all, I feel myself fresh after yoga. Also, yoga helpt to understand your body and mind better, what influences on your life positive. And, also, it helps, when you have problems (just do it, and you will realize that your problems aren't so big and your piece is more important).
Old 30-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Yoga is not a sport. Yoga came from sanskrite word yuj mean union. Yoga is the union of the soul with God. Is liberation or moksha from reincarnation cycles.
Classic yoga or raja or ashtanga yoga have 8 limbs- yama, niyama, asana,pranayama, prathyahara, dharana, dhyana, samadhi. To be able to practice asana u must follow first yama and niyama. u must change urself first, that mean to be pure in thoughts and body ( celibacy, vegetarian diet, no anger, no hate, etc). Yoga is the path to enlightment, not a sport. Namaste
Old 21-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Master
Color It is complete..

Yoga deals with body, mind, and soul.. The body gets stronger, more flexible, more restful.. The mind becomes more restful, one becomes aware of negative traits more easily and becomes more disciplined.. The connection with soul becomes more possible because of the importance of relaxing body and mind and healthy living..

I have found yoga to be the most *complete* spiritual path I have come across.. it's not just a bit of this and a bit of that.. it's rather elaborate on all aspects..
Old 24-06-2018, 01:52 AM
Newbie ;)

How do you motivate yourself to do it regularily? Thats my problem.
Old 26-03-2019, 10:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Mahamudra Pose

Namaste everyone,
They say Mahamudra pose has great benefits such as removing Kapha disorders, tuberculosis, constipation, enlarged spleen and prolonged fever, however I have Crohn's Disease and I just started doing it for a few days, it seems my symptoms got worse. Anyone know if it is contraindicated for Crohn's and if there is another pose to heal, help or alleviate Crohn's Disease?
Thank you

Last edited by Danlaude : 27-03-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 24-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Seeker
I went to Yoga classes for a few months at one point, back in late 2006 when a friend was teaching it, and I found that Yoga gave me a profound sense of relaxation - not in any specific way, just overall peacefulness and peace of mind.

I miss it a lot, and keep meaning to get back into it.
Old 17-04-2020, 05:22 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
The following are the eight limbs(angas) of ashtAnga yoga (yoga of eight limbs).

(1) yama - moral restraint - these have to do how we deal with others. The moral restraints are non-violence, truthfulness, non-stealing, spiritual living and non-possessiveness.

(2) niyama - ethical observances - these have to do with how we develop our personal lifestyle. The observances are cleanliness (internal and external), contentment, effort, study (of ourselves and spiritual writings) and surrender to higher controller (Ishvara).

(3) Asana - posture - A proper posture is required to develop our bodies for concentration and meditation. Asanas were developed by hatha yogis for this reason. This is the part of yoga that is most known in the West.

(4) prANAyAma - controlledbreathing or voluntary breathing. It purpose is to focus the mind on yogi's goal and preventing it from wandering.

(5) pratyAhAra - resistance to sensory input or ability to withstand the onslaught of the senses.

(6) dhAraNA - concentration - the stilling of mind achieved through Asanas and pranayama is then to be followed by developing single-pointedness of purpose, that being understanding of ourselves.

(7) dhyAna - meditation - single-pointedness of the mind is directed towards mediation on ourselves, which leads a yogi to

(8) samAdhi - integration of personality.

Note: I have followed translations of Sanskrit terms following Edwin F. Bryant, R. C. Zaehner, and Nicholas Kazanas.

Great.

Who else has taken online classes because of the covid shut down?
Old 12-09-2020, 05:10 AM
Newbie ;)

There are many benefits of yoga
Yoga increases flexibility.
Yoga increases muscle strength and tone.
Yoga improved respiration, energy and vitality.
Yoga helps in maintaining a balanced metabolism.
Yoga helps in reducing weight
Yoga improved cardiovascular health
Boost athletic performance