Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Yes.

An image (in cultural wrappings) after the descent of Spirit/plugging into i.e. initiation/empowerment:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5d/60/95/5...-artifacts.jpg

Nice image...

I'm also like the Igor kufayev guy you mentioning in some earlier posts....nr 168 for example.

I have a nice facebook friend who's taken his classes for some years. She is very enthusiastic about him and his teachings. In the context of Nondual Kashmir Shaivism and kundalini. I am tempted to take a class of him some day.
Old 21-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Master
Quote:
the intelligent man shall choose such a one as the Guru and no other.
Then again, I am not intelligent, so I shall leave getting a Guru for all of the high-class, intelligent people out there.
Old 21-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Master
No worries guys, I'm here now .
Old 21-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Master
Also, it seems that 'not having a thought of your own' and the whole 'spiritual depersonalisation' thing is totally acceptable, condoned and encouraged.

For example, I may say something and have others call 'bull'...however, if I say that Ekhardt Tolle, Mooji etc said the same thing, it becomes "It is only true because they said it...not you!"

Then those who follow a guru say "my guru says this...my guru says that" and when I ask, "yes, but what do you think about it?" they always say "why, I agree with my guru".

It just seems to be that the more people who believe in something, the more that makes it 'true'....they used to call that one; propaganda.

Yeah, I could say something...but because I'm just a pathetic, sniveling 'nobody' on an internet forum, nobody else gives a damn...nobody cares...people say "become like Jesus, walk on water....only then I will listen to you".

...I could bet that I'm on about 90% of people's 'ignore lists' on here because I refuse to kiss butt, ya know?
Old 22-11-2017, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I shall leave getting a Guru for all of the high-class, intelligent people out there.
Quite frankly, I think that the Guru principle is for the total dummies.
From memory: Synchronistic events manifesting left, right and centre, whilst “I” remains clueless.
Old 22-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Quite frankly, I think that the Guru principle is for the total dummies.
From memory: Synchronistic events manifesting left, right and centre, whilst “I” remains clueless.
The main thing that bothers me about all this...

I am a 'free thinker'...I am an 'individual'....I'll go against the herd if I can cut through the superficial rubbish...I can see things most others cannot because I don't let my emotions or beliefs cloud my thinking AND I call a spade a spade, even if the whole world would disagree with me.

It goes against my very nature to be pressured into 'believing something' through popular example, through ad-hominem assumption, through the very appeals to my sense of self-worth or self-confidence..."you must be a total idiot if you don't agree with me"...that sort of stuff.

People will go to great and often very low lengths to have another believe them...and of course, If deep in my being, I know something is true, I will defend it with my very life but not voluntarily...I'm not the type to instigate argument and say 'my way is right and yours is wrong'...but if anybody tries to pressure me into changing and believing them instead, appealing to anything else other than pure logic or reason...giving many examples for why they say what they do...they may as well be talking to a chair who knows it is a chair, trying to convince it that it is a table because they are both wooden.

This is the problem...would I still be able to be a free thinker? will I still have my 'individuality?' will I still be able to 'go against the flow of ignorance' and speak out against social issues, or call 'bee ess' when I see it? or will I have to totally tow the 'Guru line'? not allowed to have any thoughts of my own? not allowed to express anything which may be contrary to the Guru's teachings? become just a brainless puppet to a philosophy and an agenda?...and THIS is what I am terrified of.
Old 22-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Master
No guru then, no worries What useful thing are they going to tell you anyway, if they're any good, except go within, and find the guru within???

Can a guru take you to your guru within? Maybe the truest bestest guru in the world, but how many guru frogs do you have to kiss first?
Old 22-11-2017, 02:43 AM
Suspended
Ascender

With due respect to some quotes, I would be wary of giving up personal responsibility or thinking another can absolve us of our sins.

I like this from Ram Dass (courtesy *Bindu)

And we go through the lineage. A lineage that is pure is one that catapults us ultimately out the other end; it isn’t designed to make us followers of the lineage. It is designed to take us through itself and free us at the other end.

I only like following external teachers and teachings when they are the real deal or at least more spiritually advanced in a genuine* way. Even within and without that spectrum, however, in effect, everything teaches us and everyone is in effect a teacher...

There are always so many greys when we discuss this topic though; so many variations depending on who and what we are really talking about, the student, the teacher, the stage of spiritual development, the circumstances, the readiness, the authenticity or lack of.

If one has the right encounterance, then it will happen, if not, the teachings are there to guide people. The danger zone is probably when one gets to a certain stage and starts to think "one is there" or gets complacent, fooling themselves in the process, then there are those that start setting up shop as teachers even though they are clearly mired in the same trappings, just now with a spiritual cloak - these are danger signs that a good teacher can help clear for a willing student. And at the beginning so one can know the broad direction, to not give up before the goal is attained. But regardless even the best teacher cannot do the work of another - this is the blessing of God.

Also, not everyone has the same path, not everyone needs to be a modern day Jesus or Buddha, i.e. plumb the same depths of realization, actualization and Gnosis.

What is your intention, desire, will? Let that be your Guide and don't be afraid to ask for help, but don't give up your self responsibility and the end goal to me is always commensurate with Ultimate Truth (which transcends consciousness and reconciles apparent contradictions), Love and a deep inner knowing (Gnosis that is beyond ordinary mind). In that way, you will surely come to know your True Guru.

BT

*This is the crux of differentiation in my books. This opens up the question how one can tell - one can tell by practicing well oneself, in this way differentiation becomes cleared up
Old 22-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
No guru then, no worries What useful thing are they going to tell you anyway, if they're any good, except go within, and find the guru within???

Can a guru take you to your guru within? Maybe the truest bestest guru in the world, but how many guru frogs do you have to kiss first?

I think we can take a word like Guru and assign it to a person, and I remember in my younger years traveling with a person who was highly spiritual, and when I noticed their quality of spiritualism, I started to treat them different, and they had to tell me to stop judging them as someone they are not.

In my later years I went on a Buddhist meditation path, and 'Buddha' is also a word many assign to a person, but the teaching in Buddhist schools say that Buddha is not a person - it's the quality of enlightenment in everyone.

Then we start to say 'the guru within' and things like that, but I think the essence of all this is the truth of who you are, and truthfulness is the quintessential aspect of the spiritual path.

So it comes down to the simplest of things, but the hardest of things, as walking in the truth is not the easiest or most gratifying way, but I think people have the notion already in them that it is the only way, as self-deception can only lead to delusion.

The rhetoric about gurus and their abilities is not exactly untrue, but the personal assignment of the title is fundamentally misguided, as we sholdn't revere any person moreso than any other, or moreso than ourselves, for every person is equal in terms of fundamental dignity and respect, and if a higher respect is given to a personal guru, that means one does not give utmost respect to the 'everyday person'.
Old 22-11-2017, 04:24 AM
Deactivated Account
When we reverence the Guru we are not reverencing the guru as the mind body organism, its the inner Source of the Guru that we are reverencing, that inner Source is also within us, most are just too ignorant to know this truth, and so we have the Guru.